• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Basketball Media Day

RacerDeac

#iwasright #rjlies
Reaction score
Not that I care what Manning has to say, but I did read from Les that Wake is sending little Chill and White as our player reps. Nothing says you're on the right track like sending a 1-year player who has never even laced it up for the Deacs to rep the Deacs on media day.

Last edited:
Realize that it's heresy to post a positive thought about the Men's Basketball program, but Andrien White (transfer from Charlotte, averaged 15 ppg there) is going to surprise a lot of people this year. He can shoot from deep.

White's brother Andrew White played at Kansas and at Syracuse (he broke Gerry McNamara's 3 pointers for a season record) and played in the NBA for Hawks in 2018.

Last edited:
Hey guys! That transfer from UNCC is a leader on this team and he’s going to surprise a lot of people! Everything is great!

When your starting PG and team's best player... is smaller than the Nike mannequin wearing your new ACC uniform.

While there is clearly massive need for improvement on the road to program relevancy...it is highly disappointing that there are those that choose to denigrate our young men who proudly represent our University. Choose to support or not support our coaches but if you can't root for the success of our kids...there is something really wrong with you.

Did the ACC give Danny the wrong day and time to keep him from showing up?

Realize that it's heresy to post a positive thought about the Men's Basketball program, but Andrien White (transfer from Charlotte, averaged 15 ppg there) is going to surprise a lot of people this year. He can shoot from deep.

White's brother Andrew White played at Kansas and at Syracuse (he broke Gerry McNamara's 3 pointers for a season record) and played in the NBA for Hawks in 2018.

I expect White to be a lot like JTT, without being a head case. He will be streaky and fill it up for us every 3rd game or so. He'll lay plenty of eggs and have more 1-13 type of games than we'd like...I just don't see him being consistent enough to make a big difference. For example, I don't think he will be as valuable to us as a guy like Coron Williams was.

Also, per my sources in Charlotte, don't expect White to play much defense...at all

I expect White to be a lot like JTT, without being a head case. He will be streaky and fill it up for us every 3rd game or so. He'll lay plenty of eggs and have more 1-13 type of games than we'd like...I just don't see him being consistent enough to make a big difference. For example, I don't think he will be as valuable to us as a guy like Coron Williams was.

Also, per my sources in Charlotte, don't expect White to play much defense...at all

While there is clearly massive need for improvement on the road to program relevancy...it is highly disappointing that there are those that choose to denigrate our young men who proudly represent our University. Choose to support or not support our coaches but if you can't root for the success of our kids...there is something really wrong with you.

Literally no one on this thread has said a negative thing about a player other than they are shorter than a mannequin. And that's a fair criticism, so no one has been denigrated.

I root for the success of the players, which is why I have rooted for them to leave Wake and get away from the dumpster fire. I've been rooting for firing the coaching staff and those in the AD responsible for this mess for 10+ years now.

Like Racer said, he is smaller just #facts. Also, if you haven't noticed Brandon likes to take vailed shots at people on social media who criticize how shitty the basketball program is. Fair game.

BChill got all of his daddy's confidence...

for fuck sakes

Other than "I resign" (as in "I quit" not "I re-sign" ;-)) is there anything Manning could say at this point that would not be criticized?

Probably not.

Manning's time as coach of the Deacons has been so dismal that an ACC championship is required to restore a semblance of hope to the fans. Even then, a large minority of the fan base would groan that such a performance would only extend his time as coach. His inability to interact and relate to the fans and media is as bad as Bzdelick.

If this thread is any indication, basketball season is going to AWESOME around here.

I mean, I think everyone expects the team to be varying degrees of not good... But this board is going to be a special kind of miserable.

Other than "I resign" (as in "I quit" not "I re-sign" ;-)) is there anything Manning could say at this point that would not be criticized?

I'd respect him if he acknowledged that the team hasn't progressed in the way that anyone would have liked. I may not like what he's done, but I'd respect him taking ownership and being honest about the gulf there is between where the team has been and where they need to be. Trotting this bullshit out about the team getting better without ever setting any sort of goal or barometer for success is the exact opposite of that.

This guy will be perfect for the Manning system.

Manning loves him some shooters. Defense and rebounding are boring.

Light it up.

Back