Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 79 of 79

Thread: ACC Basketball Media Day

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusiondad10 View Post
    Wow, changing the subject a bit. Just watched the one on one interview with Randolph Childress from the ACC media days. People on the board I think often feel like what they post reflects the truth about, and characterization of, anyone they mention in a post. Our team has not been good for quite a long time, but I challenge anyone to watch the interview with Randolph and not come away feeling proud to have such an articulate, humble, honest and proud man associated with our program. If you didn't know his history with Wake Forest, or the record of the teams he's been part of the staff for, you'd definitely come away very impressed with him. Here's hoping his influence on the team this season reflects the true Randolph Childress. Go Deacs !
    Human shield human shielding.

  2. #62
    Yay, our unqualified and underperforming assistant coach whose legendary status as a player is now tarnished by allowing himself to become a human shield for Wellman gives a great interview. GO DEACS! NOW I'm excited about this season!!

  3. #63
    Robert O'Kelley
    ChaosDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mt. Terror, WA
    Posts
    7,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusiondad10 View Post
    Wow, changing the subject a bit. Just watched the one on one interview with Randolph Childress from the ACC media days. People on the board I think often feel like what they post reflects the truth about, and characterization of, anyone they mention in a post. Our team has not been good for quite a long time, but I challenge anyone to watch the interview with Randolph and not come away feeling proud to have such an articulate, humble, honest and proud man associated with our program. If you didn't know his history with Wake Forest, or the record of the teams he's been part of the staff for, you'd definitely come away very impressed with him. Here's hoping his influence on the team this season reflects the true Randolph Childress. Go Deacs !
    Childress is an all-time WF great and deserves a hell of a lot of adulation from everyone for what he gave to the school as a player.

    However, he has been part of the last two bad coaching staffs at WF. So one of the following is likely true: Childress is part of the problem, Childress is still "developing" as a coach, or Childress is simply not able to counteract the level of awfulness from the head coach. Regardless, after this many years at WF for Childress, it is not likely that he will be able to have any new noticeable effect on the program all of a sudden this year.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosDeac View Post
    Childress is an all-time WF great and deserves a hell of a lot of adulation from everyone for what he gave to the school as a player.

    However, he has been part of the last two bad coaching staffs at WF. So one of the following is likely true: Childress is part of the problem, Childress is still "developing" as a coach, or Childress is simply not able to counteract the level of awfulness from the head coach. Regardless, after this many years at WF for Childress, it is not likely that he will be able to have any new noticeable effect on the program all of a sudden this year.
    Good post, I have to think it is likely #3 the bolded part

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsnut1 View Post
    Good post, I have to think it is likely #3 the bolded part
    Why do you think that? What coaching expertise or credentials does Childress have? He was handed his first job at a position far exceeding his experience. Manning is a far more experienced and credentialed player and coach. [name redacted] was a far more experienced and credentialed coach. There's no reason to believe Childress is a great, or even good, coach who simply can't overcome his boss other than wanting it to be so because we all loved him as a player. The evidence just doesn't support it.

  6. #66
    Dickie Hemric
    sailordeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Liver than you'll ever be
    Posts
    13,112
    We don't know if Childress can coach. No one does. All we know is that he has a certain personal charisma and that he has worked as an assistant under two of the worst head coaches in the history of the ACC. So, he has certainly gotten an education on how not to coach if you want to be successful.
    Last edited by sailordeac; 10-11-2019 at 08:29 AM.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusiondad10 View Post
    Wow, changing the subject a bit. Just watched the one on one interview with Randolph Childress from the ACC media days. People on the board I think often feel like what they post reflects the truth about, and characterization of, anyone they mention in a post. Our team has not been good for quite a long time, but I challenge anyone to watch the interview with Randolph and not come away feeling proud to have such an articulate, humble, honest and proud man associated with our program. If you didn't know his history with Wake Forest, or the record of the teams he's been part of the staff for, you'd definitely come away very impressed with him. Here's hoping his influence on the team this season reflects the true Randolph Childress. Go Deacs !
    Probably will.

    Usually year 6 is when the influence of a quality assistant coach really shows up.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by knowell View Post
    Probably will.

    Usually year 6 is when the influence of a quality assistant coach really shows up.

  9. #69

    ACC Basketball Media Day

    Quote Originally Posted by sailordeac View Post
    We don't know if Childress can coach. No one does. All we know is that he has a certain personal charisma and that he has worked as an assistant under two of the worst head coaches in the history of the ACC. So, he has certainly gotten an education on how not to coach if you want to be successful.
    No offense but I donít understand this position. If he could coach, it would have manifested itself over this much time, even from the assistantís chair. Bz and Manning are a lot to overcome, but if he canít do something positive to overcome their coaching then why is he there?

    And we havenít seen anything to demonstrate heís doing something positive to overcome their coaching. Nothing from his comments, from his on court activity, from what we see in practices, not even really much from what weíve seen in his own sonís development. Nothing. Maybe he can recruit, certainly he could play, and he will always be the king of the swagger in Deaconsí eyes. But I donít think he can coach.

  10. #70
    Well, I can see that Randolph Childress won't earn your respect until he does what NOBODY has ever done at Wake Forest as a coach. Watch his interview. He's still a pretty good guy to represent our university whether we ever win another game or not. I suggest you all go hire Bruce Pearl or Bill Self to satisfy your cravings. Otherwise get over it.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusiondad10 View Post
    Well, I can see that Randolph Childress won't earn your respect until he does what NOBODY has ever done at Wake Forest as a coach. Watch his interview. He's still a pretty good guy to represent our university whether we ever win another game or not. I suggest you all go hire Bruce Pearl or Bill Self to satisfy your cravings. Otherwise get over it.
    Nobody? No one is asking for much. I think we would all be satisfied with not being a perennial embarrassment at this point.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusiondad10 View Post
    Well, I can see that Randolph Childress won't earn your respect until he does what NOBODY has ever done at Wake Forest as a coach. Watch his interview. He's still a pretty good guy to represent our university whether we ever win another game or not. I suggest you all go hire Bruce Pearl or Bill Self to satisfy your cravings. Otherwise get over it.
    Lol. #hottakes from FusionDad.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusiondad10 View Post
    Well, I can see that Randolph Childress won't earn your respect until he does what NOBODY has ever done at Wake Forest as a coach. Watch his interview. He's still a pretty good guy to represent our university whether we ever win another game or not. I suggest you all go hire Bruce Pearl or Bill Self to satisfy your cravings. Otherwise get over it.
    Fusion should join the administration. They don't care if Wake wins another game or not either.

    This is why Wake can't have nice things. #worstvenueintheacc

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusiondad10 View Post
    Well, I can see that Randolph Childress won't earn your respect until he does what NOBODY has ever done at Wake Forest as a coach. Watch his interview. He's still a pretty good guy to represent our university whether we ever win another game or not. I suggest you all go hire Bruce Pearl or Bill Self to satisfy your cravings. Otherwise get over it.
    Nobody has ever put a competitive ACC quality product on the floor that isn't a league wide laughingstock?

    Not really sure why you care. As soon as we approached upper level in the ACC, you will revert to your contrarian "we aren't as good as everybody thinks we are" sctick. Your act is transparent.
    Last edited by ChrisL68; 10-12-2019 at 09:29 AM.

  15. #75
    The fact that Danny downplayed the idea of ďsense of urgency,Ē whereas it has literally been a hashtag campaign for our football team, says everything about the state of both programs.

    This is where leadership and accountability are needed. Danny seems to have no one guiding or correcting him in any way. Does the department not care that there is this obvious discrepancy between the two programs and coaches? Wellman didnít. Will Currie?

    Media Day was the first chance for us to see some evidence that Manning is getting a different message from his new boss. So far, nothing different.

  16. #76
    His answer about taking a step is the worst ever. He is barely holding on to his job, only due to financial reasons. His team is predicted to finish last in the entire conference. He's coming off back-to-back 20 loss seasons for the 1st time ever in program history. This guy either doesn't really want the job/have passion for it, or he's the most incompetent head coach ever. Either way, its time to get rid of him no matter the cost. Currie cannot repeat the mistakes of Wellman.

  17. #77
    being picked behind Virginia Tech is rather telling. that's bad.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by netflixnchildres View Post
    When your starting PG and team's best player... is smaller than the Nike mannequin wearing your new ACC uniform.

    The mannequin is more animated than Danny.

  19. #79
    Another year with one step forward and two steps back.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •