• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RJKarl - Softball Hall of Fame !

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score
You never knowwhen you're going to get a great RJ softball story. If you're lucky, you'll get one you've already heard.

5/12/2011
That last league I palyed had a very good looking jockish girl was playing theird base. I was about 50/51 years old. She didn't take me very seriously and played me like I was going to bunt.

Seriously. That's a death wish. I suggested she move back. I was being nice.

She starts talking smack.

I back out of the batters box and ask who their captain is. It's the SS. He says it's up to her. I tell him she could get killed as once the ball I'll hit it where I can get a hit.

Then she ups the ante and call me "old man".

Well I did miss her shoulder by six inches. As I stood on second base, I looked over and said,"Do you think I could have taken your head off if I wanted to?"

She was mute.

Next time time up, I think she could have picked the leftfielder's pocket.

11/8/2011
There were some smokin hot chicks playing coed softball in Newport.

5/8/2013
I pulled my wagon filled with sodas to sell them to the semi-pro softball leagues that played at my elementary school's playground. We had five fields. I started when I was 10.

I became the youngest player ever in that league.

6/6/2013
The first time I ever played in a coed softball game the third baseman was a girl who played in like I was going to bunt. Then she started talking shit.

I stepped out and asked to move back. She started talking more smack. Since it was slow pitch and I could hit the ball anywhere I wanted, I asked her again and then asked who was the captain. It was a SS(her boyfriend). He gave me some shit.

I smiled, got back in the batter's box and hit a line drive between her head and the foul line. As I stood on second, I looked at the boyfriend, "Think it might be a good idea for her to move back a little?"

He nodded.

I have to admit something happened to me in that league that never happened in the hundreds of league games I played in my life. I was playing LF. An easy fly ball was hit to deeper left-center. As ranged over to catch it, all the sprinklers on the field went off. Figuring I was going to get wet anyway, I plowed through the rain and caught it.

4/9/2014
It was forty years ago. I have no idea what Doug was wearing. I forget who we stayed with in Altanta. It very well could have been someone from GT. We each had friends there.

Deacref and Doug used to have epic ping pong matches in New Dorm.

Doug played on a softball team with 1976Deac andI.

6/23/2014
Gilbert was one of the first people I met on campus. I met him in the TV room in Reynolda Hall. I played some pickup with Charlie, Gilbert, Junior, Todman, Bowden and couple of others early on.

Dandy Dan Moody played on a intramural softball team with 1976 and me.

7/19/2017
As good as I was at basketball, I was much better in baseball/fast pitch softball (slow pitch is too easy -never batted less than .850).

BTW, I was never in their locker room. I'd never enter it.

4/3/2018
Did you know Star/Dandy/Moses were roomies?

Dandy played on our intramural softball team. He had gone home to the hills of TN the weekend before one of games. He returned with his pet 'coon and several jars of the "good stuff"- moonshine that was aged overnight in the barrel and had caramel coloring.

The last things he told Stare and Moses were "not to play with the 'coon" with him around and not to take more than one shot of the shine during the game. Famous last words.

After the game, I went back with their room to get Stare to come to a radio station meeting. Approaching the room, we saw drops of blood. He pushed the door open to see a pile of formerly white towels that were soaked in blood and Moses with a blood-stained towel around his hand. Moses told us he had simply tried to pet the coon.

We saw that one of the Mason jars had 1/3 missing. It took Stare at least three attempts to stand-up. He still wanted to go to the WFDD meeting. About five minutes after getting there, all 6'9 of him passed out on the station floor. When he came to at about midnight, he had no idea where he was or how he got there.

:)

Yesterday, 11:48 AM
I played in a co-ed slow pitch league a few years ago in Newport Beach. The lady play third played like we were playing fast pitch. She couldn't have been more than forty feet from home. Then, she starting talking shit. I asked her to move back saying it was dangerous to be there. She started talking more shit.

I saw the shortstop cringing and figured he was her significant other and suggested he talk some sense into her. She moved back only a couple of feet. I hit the first pitch right past her ear. The next time she didn't talk and moved behind the bag.

I had something happen in that league that I had never seen in all the years I played. I was playing LF. An opponent hit a fly towards me. As I moved to catch it, all of a sudden, all the sprinklers in the outfield turned on. I paused for a split second, then went after and caught the ball. They had to stop the game until the sprinklers went off.

How could a tour de force of RJ's softball stories possibly be considered "hitting first" ?

Besides, if he opens this thread, he won't even be able to read my posts because he has me on ignore. It's HIS choice !

you'd have to figure teams in modern day softball would put the shift on rj

Another call out thread..what a shock!!

I am constantly amazed at how much more interested in me some people are than I am. I'm sorry that your lives suck so badly that you have seek out old posts, try to hack my account and more.

Last edited:
he posted a list of your posts referring to softball over the past 6 years

again not a gotcha/call out

Would someone please be his friend? Or maybe find him a hobby that isn't so stalker-esque and creepy.

i played co-ed softball for a few years while wife in grad school. it was great. nothing better than a bunch of pencil neck grad school students/spouses beating a team of redneck volunteer firefighters

So rj, did you intentionally try to hit the young lady with a batted ball, because she called you an old man?

i played co-ed softball for a few years while wife in grad school. it was great. nothing better than a bunch of pencil neck grad school students/spouses beating a team of redneck volunteer firefighters

Um, this is a thread about how badass Rj is. Let’s try to focus please.

So rj, did you intentionally try to hit the young lady with a batted ball, because she called you an old man?

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL..I said I hit it past her ear. I wasn't that old when this happened. It was my fist stop in HB.

you were 50 and she called you an old man. #thebigfundamentalreading

you were 50 and she called you an old man. #thebigfundamentalreading

To be fair, she only called him an old man in one of the three tellings of the story, back in 2011. RJ may have forgotten that detail by now. Also, he claims to not read my posts, so there's no telling what he actually knows since he's chosen to deprive himself of the best the internet has to offer.

Back