• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rank the Importance of your Sports Fandom for all the Sports Teams you Follow

Wake Forest Football
Atlanta Braves
Dallas Cowboys
Carolina Panthers
New England Patriots
DFS NFL Football betting
Carolina Basketball
Clemson Football
WWE
All ACC Football
SEC Football
high school football
Mountain Monsters tv show
Two and a half Men reruns
NCIS
South Park

Wake Forest Basketball

Last edited:
Wake football
Green Bay Packers
Carolina Panthers
New York Yankees
Milwaukee Bucks

Wake basketball

Wake football (first because I generally care more about college football than college basketball nowadays)
Wake basketball (assuming it's not a complete garbage fire like it is now)
Carolina Panthers
San Antonio Spurs

Atlanta Hawks (adopted because of Collins)

That's about it. 15+ years ago, the Braves would have gone up there with Panthers but I don't really care about baseball anymore.

Agreed that a Wake BB title would be the top prize out of all my interests. Just shows that deep down there’s still a yearning. Which makes the fall from grace so much more infuriating.

Agreed. And it’s not even close for me - maybe because Wake winning a football title wasn’t (isnt) realistic. Basketball title and wake in final four is my top prize from sports

1. Wake Football - This is top spot even when the bball team is good.
2. Atlanta Braves

Huge gap

3. Wake Basketball - used to be a smaller gap for obvious reasons.

General tv viewership interest:

1. College Football - I will watch East Central Tech vs West Middle State and love every minute of it.
2. NFL - I'm guilty of being a bandwagon fan. I keep a closer eye on the Dolphins and Panthers than the rest.
3. MLB - I pretty much only watch the Braves
4. College Basketball - If Wake isn't playing, then I don't watch.
5. NBA - Only the playoffs

A National Championship by Wake Bball would make me happier than any of the others winning a chip tho. :panda::panda::panda:

This is how I see this question - which team would I most like to see win its respective championship. And then ranking them I tend to put higher the ones that are most unlikely.

Wake Forest Basketball NCAA title - the ultimate
Charlotte Hornets NBA championship - just because the team has never been great, having a two month run like the Raptors did this year would be amazing
Wake Forest Football National Title - weirdly somehow is less unlikely than Wake BBall
Carolina Panthers Super Bowl win - close twice, and I still believe this one I'll actually live to see one day

A wake football national championship would be the biggest story in nc sports history.

College football is the biggest college sport nationally.

In terms of pure emotional attachment

Wake Football (emotionally, watch all games)
Tottenham Hotspur (though I spend the most time reading about them, watch all games)
Carolina Hurricanes (watch some games, follow blogs and scores)
Seattle Hockey Team
Other WFU Sports (watch and follow big events)
Atlanta Braves (follow sports blogs/scores)
San Antonio Spurs (follow sports blogs/scores)
Other teams/schools that family/friends care about (The UW, Alabama, Clemson, Georgia)
Wake Forest Basketball (though I still watch games, no emotional attachment until new coach)

Importance of fandom:
Wake everything
NY Mets
Panthers

Emotional attachment (can make or break day):
Wake football (since Grobe’s first year)
Mets playoffs

Wake soccer
Wake basketball (pre Manning and latter box years)

Panthers

Mets regular season (# of games plus often early exist from playoff picture helps not getting too high/low aster a single game)

Wake baseball

Current wake basketball

Philadelphia Phillies
Philadelphia 76ers
Wake Football
Wake Basketball
Philadelphia Eagles

Wake basketball used to be first, but stopped caring years ago. Don’t really watch much NFL football

Wake basketball
Wake Football(tie)
Clemson football (daughters attended)
All other Wake sports

I'll watch all kinds of other sports - NFL (I casually pull for the Panthers), NBA (pulled for the Spurs/Duncan but now don't really care), PGA, random college basketball and football, etc. - but don't have strong rooting interests.
edit - I left off the Hurricanes. We go to a few games a year and generally will watch when they are on TV. I have learned to care much more about them over the past few years - they are probably behind Clemson football but ahead of everything else...

The fact that Wake basketball has been so bad for so long is terribly frustrating and makes me angry - but it doesn't make me care less. I am just resigned to the fact that we suck - and remain forever hopeful that we won't always suck. My wife (the Duke fan) often asks me why I keep watching - as we lose yet again - and I tell her I am a Deacon, not a Deacon fan. They are my team, good or bad. I feel certain that if Duke ever becomes bad at basketball and stays that way for a while, she will eventually lose interest (she didn't go there). But that can't happen for me.

Last edited:
Packers
Bucks
Badger Football
Badger basketball
Wake Football
Brewers
Wake Basketball.

Wake Football has always been priority one, even suffering through those Caldwell years
1988-2010 Wake Basketball
Wake Baseball
Wake Soccer/Tennis/Golf
90s Hornets
Red Sox
Current Wake Basketball
Redskins
Panthers
Timmy D Spurs
Current Hornets
Hawks adopted NBA team behind the Hornets

WFU football
Bills
WFU soccer
CP3's team
ECU football (wife)
WFU basketball
Sabres

1- Wake Forest football
2a - Stanford women's volleyball 2b - Arizona softball
3a - ACC football 3b - ACC basketball
4 - professional golf

USMNT
Everton
Wake Football
Panthers
Cubs
Alabama Football

Wake basketball. I’ve only watched a half in the last two seasons.

Wake Football
Wake Basketball
Patriots
CP3's team
Penn State Football
Penn State Basketball

1. Wake Forest Football
2. Wake Forest Basketball
3. Carolina Hurricanes
4. Other Wake Forest sports - Soccer, Baseball, Golf, Tennis

Nothing below this line gets my blood pressure up.

5. Dallas Cowboys (my team from youth - Jerry Jones soured my passion)
6. Carolina Panthers (close to passing the 'boys)
7. San Antonio Spurs (Thanks to Mr.Duncan along with Coach Pop)
8. Cincinnati Reds (long, long drought but still remember the Big Red Machine)

I used to live and die with hoops.

Schedule trips around home games.

Now I have free time but it seems empty

Back