• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rank the Importance of your Sports Fandom for all the Sports Teams you Follow

WFU Football/South Carolina football
Panthers football
Red Sox
WFU basketball (used to be number one by a long shot- all consuming)
South Carolina Basketball
South Carolina Baseball
NBA in general (was a Hornets fan in their beginning days and and then a Spurs fan when Duncan joined)
Huddersfield Town AFC (just kidding, have no interest in soccer)

Wake basketball
Sixers
Phillies
Wake football
Spurs

The New York Metropolitans
Wake FB
Knicks
Wake Soccer
Leeds United
NY Giants
The Devils
Wake MBB

MBB would be number 2 or 3 on this list, but the original question was how much a loss affects you and I honestly can't bring myself to care anymore.

Wake Football.

San Antonio Spurs.

Wherever CP3 is playing, so OKC now.

Panthers.

I have no idea when Wake hoops is playing. It’s just too depressing and I feel bad for the players.

NC State anything
Clemson football, basebal (textile family, family friends with a trustee)
Braves
Wake (hometown team)
Redskins (family from VA)
Panthers.

1.Wake Football
2.Vacated (formerly Wake BB)
3.Boston Bruins
4.NY Yankees
5.NY Giants
6.SA Spurs

Each of my pro teams has won one of their league's last 10 championships

1. Wake Football
2. Patriots
3. Red Sox
4. All Blacks
5. Sporting Club of Portugal
6. Texas A&M Football
7. Wake BB
8. Celtics

Last edited:
Importance of fandom:
Wake everything
NY Mets
Panthers

Emotional attachment (can make or break day):
Wake football (since Grobe’s first year)
Mets playoffs

Wake soccer
Wake basketball (pre Manning and latter box years)

Panthers

Mets regular season (# of games plus often early exist from playoff picture helps not getting too high/low aster a single game)

Wake baseball

Current wake basketball

A fellow Mets fan. How did that happen?

1. Wake Football

2. Panthers Football
T2. Yankees Baseball
4. Wake Baseball

5. Wake basketball
6. Wake Soccer

7. NBA Deacs
8. Carolina Hurricanes

This changes when Wake doesn't have a lame duck coach in basketball to Wake Football/Basketball tied at 1.

A fellow Mets fan. How did that happen?

R1fdEt3.gif

This is a 2 part ranking.

1981-2010

1. Wake Forest basketball

2. Wake forest football
3. Braves
4. SA Spurs 1995 on
5. Panthers

2011-2019
1. Wake Forest football
2. Panthers
3. Braves
4. WF Soccer
5. SA Spurs

I do not acknowledge the existence of number one from 1981-2010. Life is much easier and less stressful to convince oneself that it doesn't actually exist. It works! Try it, don't follow recruiting. Don't watch it on TV. When friends want to talk about it, I cut off the conversation by saying I don't know what they are talking about.

1) FC Hansa Rostock (soccer)
2) Wake football
gap
3) Wake soccer
4) Hawaii football
5) Jets
6) Wake basketball

1. Women's oil wrestling (totally a sport)
2. WFU football / basketball (totally a sport)
3. Boxing
4. Collegiate Cougars, VMI Keydets, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy, Godwin Eagles football

Carolina Panthers
USMNT
App State
Carolina Hurricanes

They all carry the same level of "importance" so to say, but if I had to line them up in the order of winning the title that would be it. Super Bowl over World Cup was tough, but screw the USSF right now. I no longer care for NBA unless Dirk Nowitzki comes back. My love for WF dwindled when I went to college elsewhere and the athletic department burned down for 5 straight years or however many it's been.

It's surprising that so many people have a team other than a Wake team as their number 1.

Carolina Panthers
USMNT
App State
Carolina Hurricanes

They all carry the same level of "importance" so to say, but if I had to line them up in the order of winning the title that would be it. Super Bowl over World Cup was tough, but screw the USSF right now. I no longer care for NBA unless Dirk Nowitzki comes back. My love for WF dwindled when I went to college elsewhere and the athletic department burned down for 5 straight years or however many it's been.

I think it is 10 years with no sign of a fire truck.

I think the administration is treating it as a nuclear core meltdown and will just let it burn itself out over the next 100 years or so.

It's surprising that so many people have a team other than a Wake team as their number 1.

I was actually going to say the opposite. Everyone on this board presumably has Wake somewhere on their list, but I'm surprised how many have Wake as their top.

1. Dallas Mavs
2. Wake Football
3. Dallas Cowboys
4. Wake Basketball
5. Rangers/Stars

Basketball Deacs would be 2, but I became borderline apathetic last year. Knowing the outcome, watching the games wasn't worth the time or emotional investment.

Back