• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Preseason Poll; first team selection, ect.

deacsrus

Reaction score
Wake is listed only once. I'm sure you can guess where.

By the way, I don't know how to abbreviate et cetera.

Can’t wait to compare the post season poll to the preseason.
So many voters will be exposed as being so wrong

Can’t wait to compare the post season poll to the preseason.
So many voters will be exposed as being so wrong
Are you that same dude who's over on 247 saying that 6-8th in the ACC is a realistic possibility this season?

We are going to be so talented this coming season, returning the majority of the 3rd worst high major team in terms of efficiency (of course losing one of its most efficient players in the offseason)

Screen-Shot-2019-10-11-at-1-33-40-PM.png

That came out small, but WF is the upper left gold team. Y-axis is % returning minutes and X-axis is efficiency. The only high-major teams who are worse... UC Berkeley and Washington State.

Wow, picked for dead ass last. I think we might at least be 14th or 13th.

Man, that looks like a really weak year for the league. I can't remember a lesser 1st Team or a weaker list for POY. Yuck...

It makes me realize how much my interest has fallen off a cliff when I have never even heard of the player who is the preseason player of the year and I couldn't pick any of the first or second all-conference teams out of a lineup

Man, that looks like a really weak year for the league. I can't remember a lesser 1st Team or a weaker list for POY. Yuck...

Which makes it even more appalling at how bad we are that we are the worse by far. Just misery upon misery and yet DM keeps cashing in. Hope those big donors like seeing their $s go into the breeze while our losses mount for the BB program. Well done Mr. Wellman!!!

That's actually a great point.

That is the worst team of players for 1st and 2nd team All-ACC in the history of the league. Not even 1 or 2 really good players. Nwora is a 3rd team, maybe 2nd team all-ACC type guy. Same with Tre Jones, and they're the top 2 players in the league.

Which essentially means the players, and quality of play, the actual games, and NCAA tourney results in the ACC this year may completely suck. Outside of the Duke bubble, of course as ESPN will remind us daily, multiple times per day, of their exaltedness and righteousness.

And that leaves an opening to band together, rise up, play tremendous defense, galvanize the fan base, win close games and sneak in and win a title.

Or, finish Dead F Last.

What will Danny do?

Wow, picked for dead ass last. I think we might at least be 14th or 13th.

The prognosticators finally have given Wake the full weight of the Manning Factor in year 6.

Somehow, he will under achieve.

0-27. I believe!

ACC Sports Journal is out with their individual team prognostications. I have put them together is order along with their NCAA tourney predictions:

Louisville T1—18-2, 28-3, Final Four
Duke T1—18-2, 28-3, Elite 8
UNC T3---16-4, 26-5, Final Four
FSU T3---16-4, 25-6, Sweet 16
UVa T5---15-5, 24-6, Sweet 16
Notre Dame T5---15-5, 25-6, Sweet 16
NC State 7th 10-10, 20-11, Round of 32
Miami T8---8-12, 16-14
GT T8---8-12, 15-16
‘Cuse T8---8-12, 16-15
Pitt 11th---7-13, 17-14
BC T12---4-16, 12-19
Wake T12---4-16, 10-20
VT T14----2-18, 11-20
Clemson T14---2-18, 9-21

Dead last in women's basketball as well. Wellman's legacy of failure.

http://theacc.com/news/2019/10/16/l...acc-womens-basketball-preseason-favorite.aspx

Head Coaches & Blue Ribbon Panel Preseason Player of the Year
Beatrice Mompremier, Sr., F, Miami

Head Coaches Preseason All-ACC Team
Kobi Thornton, Sr., F, Clemson
Haley Gorecki, Gr., G, Duke
Nicki Ekhomu, Sr., G, Florida State
Kiah Gillespie, Sr., F, Florida State
Elizabeth Balogun, So., G, Louisville
Elissa Cunane, So., C, NC State
Aislinn Konig, Sr., G, NC State
Janelle Bailey, Jr., C, North Carolina
Jocelyn Willoughby, Sr., G, Virginia

Head Coaches Newcomer Watch List
River Baldwin, Fr., C, Florida State
Nyah Green, Fr., G, Louisville
Jakia Brown-Turner, Fr., G, NC State
Sam Brunelle, Fr., F, Notre Dame
Anaya Peoples, Fr., G, Notre Dame

Head Coaches Predicted Order of Finish
Louisville (13 first-place votes) - 223
NC State (2) - 201
Florida State - 190
Miami - 185
Notre Dame - 159
Syracuse - 150
Duke - 143
Clemson - 105
North Carolina - 92
Virginia Tech - 91
Georgia Tech - 70
Virginia - 67
Boston College - 58
Pitt - 41
Wake Forest - 25

Blue Ribbon Panel Preseason All-ACC Team
Kobi Thornton, Sr., F, Clemson
Haley Gorecki, Gr., G, Duke
Nicki Ekhomu, Sr., G, Florida State
Kiah Gillespie, Sr., F, Florida State
Dana Evans, Jr., G, Louisville
Elizabeth Balogun, So., G, Louisville
Elissa Cunane, So., C, NC State
Janelle Bailey, Jr., C, North Carolina
Jocelyn Willoughby, Sr., G, Virginia

Blue Ribbon Panel Newcomer Watch List
River Baldwin, Fr., C, Florida State
Nyah Green, Fr., G, Louisville
Jakia Brown-Turner, Fr., G, NC State
Sam Brunelle, Fr., F, Notre Dame
Anaya Peoples, Fr., G, Notre Dame

Blue Ribbon Panel Predicted Order of Finish (49 voters)
Louisville (34 first-place votes) - 713
NC State (8) - 637
Florida State (3) - 623
Notre Dame (4) - 580
Miami - 578
Syracuse - 497
Duke - 432
Clemson - 353
North Carolina - 343
Virginia Tech - 291
Virginia - 229
Georgia Tech - 225
Boston College - 168
Pitt - 122
Wake Forest - 89

ACC Sports Journal is out with their individual team prognostications. I have put them together is order along with their NCAA tourney predictions:

Louisville T1—18-2, 28-3, Final Four
Duke T1—18-2, 28-3, Elite 8
UNC T3---16-4, 26-5, Final Four
FSU T3---16-4, 25-6, Sweet 16
UVa T5---15-5, 24-6, Sweet 16
Notre Dame T5---15-5, 25-6, Sweet 16
NC State 7th 10-10, 20-11, Round of 32
Miami T8---8-12, 16-14
GT T8---8-12, 15-16
‘Cuse T8---8-12, 16-15
Pitt 11th---7-13, 17-14
BC T12---4-16, 12-19
Wake T12---4-16, 10-20
VT T14----2-18, 11-20
Clemson T14---2-18, 9-21

Realize that ND only loses one starter, DJ Harvey (transfer), but they finished behind WF last year in the ACC (which is saying something), and bring in ZERO recruits from the 2019 HS class. They will be improved because Brey is a solid coach (and they get Rex Pflueger back from injury), but with all due respect to the Great White Hope John Mooney and the Mooney Cam, ND's returning talent is not that great. No chance they go 15-5 in the ACC.

Realize that ND only loses one starter, DJ Harvey (transfer), but they finished behind WF last year in the ACC (which is saying something), and bring in ZERO recruits from the 2019 HS class. They will be improved because Brey is a solid coach (and they get Rex Pflueger back from injury), but with all due respect to the Great White Hope John Mooney and the Mooney Cam, ND's returning talent is not that great. No chance they go 15-5 in the ACC.

Funny you say that because when listening to some college bball on the radio they say some of the same good things about Notre Dame. Maybe it says more about the overall weakness of the ACC after the Top 6 teams? They list their biggest strength as "resolve". Their poor finish fueled their off season to prove last season was an outlier. Says they have 10 of 11 back and if things go right it will be because of sound leadership.

Back