• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Injury report ?

The defense and special teams are having EKGs tihs morning.

Clawson's presser is tomorrow morning. That said, college teams are no longer are required to disclose injuries. So, wouldn't be surprised if we don't Newman's status until gametime.

Last edited:
Our pride and confidence took a shot. Hope they will be back.

My guess would be Newman has a separated should to some degree. With an off week after FSU, I bet Hartman gets the start to let Newman heal unless he is just not hurt bad at all.

My guess would be Newman has a separated should to some degree. With an off week after FSU, I bet Hartman gets the start to let Newman heal unless he is just not hurt bad at all.

Man, I hope not. Sam looked good, but we need Newman's ability to stand in the pocket against the rush against FSU. Newman played after the injury. I really think they put Sam back in because the game looked lost at that point. He played really well though and we're fortunate to have him at the ready.

Hartman struggled in 2018 at FSU (22 of 46 for 227 yards; 4.9 ypa; 9 carries for -22 yards). FSU had a ton of sacks.

Time for redemption.

Newman's injury is to his non-throwing shoulder -- heard that the first thought was that it was a bruise not separation, but that was an early look

Also Gilliam the guard seemed to hurt his foot and I don't remember Masterson playing much at all.

Based on what was seen on TV not looking forward to this injury report....

Based on what was seen on TV not looking forward to this injury report....

Masterson was hurt somehow on the kickoff return for a TD. The way he was holding his arm walking off the field, I'd guess shoulder injury of some sort.

I was under the impression that Newman was Ok but once we got down by 17 in the 4th quarter and had already played hartman earlier, that Clawson wanted to get Hartman some more playing time. But then Hartman went nuts and almost brought us all the way back. I guess we'll see saturday if Newman is ok or not.

I was under the impression that Newman was Ok but once we got down by 17 in the 4th quarter and had already played hartman earlier, that Clawson wanted to get Hartman some more playing time. But then Hartman went nuts and almost brought us all the way back. I guess we'll see saturday if Newman is ok or not.

On TV they showed Newman getting his shoulder wrapped up so it looked like his shoulder was done.

On TV they showed Newman getting his shoulder wrapped up so it looked like his shoulder was done.

Correct. It did not look good.
Hopefully he’s a quicker healer.

Well, maybe, but once the decision was made to let Hartman finish the game they would've wrapped it regardless since at the least it got banged up to some degree. So, I too think it was decided down 17 and the game probably out of reach to let Hartman finish since he'd already played. Of course, then we still almost came back and won. The fact that they took Newman to the locker room in the first half and he played in the 2nd half gives me hope that it's not something that is going to keep him out this coming Saturday. Unless it's a clear decision one way or another, I wouldn't expect Clawson to commit either way at his presser today though.

Back