• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carolina Thunderbirds Thread 2019-2020

I enjoy the local team doing well so please continue these updates.

Does anyone want me to continue this thread?

I love seeing the updates. We had season tickets the first 2 years. Still attending most games.

The league has bumped up to 10 teams this year, and is back from the depths of a near-fold.

It's a fun team/organization to follow.

Still definitely think he works for the team, but don't really care. Don't see why it shouldn't continue, I'm planning to get to a game soon myself.

The Birds are back in action tonight and tomorrow against the Danville Dashers. Tonights game is at 7:35 and tomorrow nights game is at 6:05. If you can't make it, the games will be streamed on the Thunderbirds youtube page for FREE. First 1500 fans tonight get a magnet schedule and first 600? kids Saturday night will receive a free jersey. As always you can purchase tickets at the Annex Box Office or Ticketmaster.

Your Thunderbirds won again last night beating the Danville Dashers 4-1 in front of 2500 fans. The Birds would just put pucks on net against Jesse Gordichuk with 20 SOG in the first period before wearing him down later in the game. The Birds would end up with 56 SOG for the night and the flood gates opened in the 2nd with 2 goals in the last two periods. Say what you want about Andre Niec's game plan, oh well its boring hockey, those shots don't have a chance at going in. He wins games.

The Birds are back in action against the Dashers tonight at 6:05 at the annex.

The Birds won again 4-1 in front of a sold out (3,310) crowd. I didn't watch the game but heard Danville just was too tired from Friday night to keep up with our speed and SOG. The Birds will play at the Columbus Rive Dragons friday night and then travel back home to play them saturday night for a 5:05 puck drop.

Some roster moves from the Birds this week.

Congratulations to Konner Haas for getting called up to the Fayetteville Marksmen (SPHL), well deserved. David Nippard was traded to the Prowlers for cash considerations and Nigel Slade was traded to the Dashers for financial considerations. Tough week for the Birds but very happy to see Konner get paid more.

The Thunderbirds are in action tonight against the Columbus River Dragons. Puck drop will be at 7:35 and you can watch it free on youtube on the River Dragons Youtube page (They have one of the best minor league hockey streams nationwide). Head coach Andre Niec will suit up with the team as the Birds will be short handed this weekend with all the trades and call ups.

Tomorrow the Birds will face the River Dragons AT HOME and puck drop will be at 6:05. I'm sure the birds have a ring ceremony planned for Thunderbirds legends Jiri Pestuka, Jay Croop, Chase Fallis and Seth Gustin. Tickets are still available for tomorrows game. You can watch for FREE on the T-Birds youtube page. I would suggest going to the T-Birds game until 7ish and then head over to BB&T to watch Wake kick Dukes ass.

TRAFFIC TOMORROW WILL BE CHAOTIC WITH THE THUNDERBIRDS GAME LIKELY TO SELLOUT AND WITH THE WAKE FOOTBALL GAME HAPPENING!!!

Re: Parking tomorrow

Our crew has Yellow Lot passes, which is the lot directly adjacent to the Annex. Will tomorrow's double-booking affect those who park there?

image_handler.aspx

Our crew has Yellow Lot passes, which is the lot directly adjacent to the Annex. Will tomorrow's double-booking affect those who park there?

image_handler.aspx
We went to a hockey game 2 years ago on the same night as a Wake basketball game. We had to park in the Midway. I'd guess hockey will be parking there tomorrow night so the yellow lot should be for football.

image_handler.aspx

No, The team put out that hockey parking would be Midway only unless you want to pay $20 to park. Traffic shouldn't be a giant issue with the weather and the hockey game starting 90 mins before kickoff.

Former NHL vet Steve MacIntyre has signed with the Birds and WILL play in tonights game vs the River Dragons!!!!

The Thunderbirds are in action on Thanksgiving, Friday and Saturday against the Battle Creek Rumble Bees. Game times are 7:35, 7:35 and 6:05. If you have never been to a game and want to go to see how you like the experience, I suggest going this weekend if your home.

The Birds won all three games this past weekend against the Battle Creek Rumble Bees. 5-1, 14-1 and 8-2 while the Birds had 210 SOG compared to the Rumble Bees 64 SOG. To be fair the Bees had to play four games in four days as they played in Danville on wednesday night. Overall, all the crowd sizes were good, I think almost 9,000 for the weekend. The Birds will be in Battle Creek this weekend and will return home against Elmira on the 13th and 14th.

Last edited:
Daniel Martin has been called up to the Fayetteville Marksmen. In 11 games, he has 7 Goals and 5 Assists. Get that $$$ Daniel

The games are a lot of fun. Scoring, fights, beer - whatever you want from hockey you can get it. Best show you will get from the Coliseum complex this winter.

Back