• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carolina Thunderbirds Thread 2019-2020

WSSUgrad18

Reaction score
The Thunderbirds announced their training camp roster. Here it is https://www.carolinathunderbirds.com...ng-camp-roster . The notable names on the list are Salak, Bunn, Pargac, Vlasov, Kenney and Fejt. The birds also traded for Dashers forward Daniel Martin which is a big get with Pietrantonio, Drahorad moving up to the SPHL and Beau Walker retiring.

Bus League Hockey just announced that all FPHL games will be streamed on youtube for free this upcoming season. This is a major shift from the PPV model that was used in the past. Here is the link to read more https://busleaguehockey.com/2019/10/14/report-fphl-to-stream-every-game-free-on-youtube/

As always you still have time to buy your season tickets here https://www.carolinathunderbirds.com/season-mini-ticket-plans . The Birds have sold over 1,300 season tickets for this upcoming season. If you would like to go to a weekend game, I suggest you buy your tickets very early. The Friday/Saturday games WILL SELLOUT most games this year. If you would like to buy single game tickets you can stop by the box office or use the ticketmaster link https://www.ticketmaster.com/carolina-thunderbirds-tickets/artist/2402904

For any questions or information feel free to ask me here or call 336-774-4625

The Birds won last night 2-0 over the Elmira Enforcers. In the first period both teams came out flat, which is understandable for the first game of the season. Guys are still feeling each other out on their lines. However, in the 2nd and 3rd period the Birds played spectacular defense and took the game to the Enforcers. With a goal from Petr Panacek in the 2nd and an empty netter from Daniel Klinecky, the Birds found a way to fly out of First Arena with a win last night.

Tonight at 7:05, Thunderbirds at Elmira. Here is the link to Elmira's youtube page where they will stream all their home games. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI2IAkhleB3RYX00db56Ww/videos

ALL FPHL GAMES ARE FREE TO WATCH ON THE HOME TEAMS YOUTUBE CHANNEL THIS SEASON!

The Birds escape Elmira with not only back to back wins but also all body parts intact. The Birds won 2-0 and dominated nearly every aspect of the game tonight. However, all that will be over looked by how Dominik Fejt started the game 5 minutes in and how Elmira retaliated with 7 seconds left. Fejt cross checked FPHL "star" Ahmed Mahfouz in the face 5 minutes into the game. No explanation why yet, but with Mahfouzs reputation, he was more than likely talking trash to Fejt. Naturally Fejt was ejected from the game and will more than likely face a suspension from the league. All was hunky dory in the game with Stanislav Bachor and Stanislav Vlasov both scoring on power play goals. Then with 7 seconds left Sean Reynolds tries to follow up his rebound and runs Henry Dill. A little skirmish happens, nothing to worry about this happens all the time... Until Elmira's Christian Whitcomb slashes Dill and all hell breaks loose. 9 Elmira players end up towards the action while only 5 Birds are on the ice. Long story short the refs proceed to resume play and another fight breaks out with 3 seconds left. The refs end up ending the game with 3 second left. The Birds are now 12-1? against Elmira all time and the Enforcers continue their reputation as the leagues "bad boys"

The Birds are on the road once again this week. They will face the Delaware Thunder. Delaware is one of the four expansion teams this season. The first game will be TONIGHT 7:05 est and on Saturday at 7:05 est. Both games will be live streamed for FREE on the Delaware's youtube page. (Link below) Dominik Fejt has been suspended 5 games because of his attempt to commit a homicide on Ahmed Mahfouz and Jan Salak has been suspended for 1 game for his fight.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFJnncp-6ObiFEvrgG0faew/videos

Last night the Birds thumped the Thunder in the side of the head in front of 675 fans (sellout?). However, what if I told you a 7-2 victory was closer than you think. Well thats what happened last night. During the first period the Birds put constant pressure on the Thunder in their own offensive zone and caused turnover after turnover but the Thunder's defense wouldn't give up easily, only allowing 2 goals (both power plays). The second period was more of the same. The Birds added two more goals as well. Then the third period started and the Birds went into time wasting mode. The offensive strategy went from build up in the neutral zone and attack to dump and chase and see what happens. This actually added on 3 more goals for the Birds. It was obvious the Thunder were wore down from chasing all game and were gassed. Overall, it was another solid game from the Birds on all aspects of the ice. For the Thunder it was an impressive first 2 periods from an expansion team who is showing signs of hope of competing and staying in the league. Good clean hockey last night.

Thunderbirds Goals
Konner Haas
Daniel Martin
Jan Krivohlavek (2)
Michael Bunn
Viktor Grebennikov
Nigel Slade

Was Tucker not a good fit for the team and led to the trade or just looking to move him? Seemed abrupt.

Didn't watch the game but the Birds dismantled the Thunder 5-1 in front of a sold out (675) Delaware crowd. The Thunderbirds move on to 4-0 and will take on the Danbury Hat Tricks on Nov. 8 at 7:35 & Nov. 9 at 6:05 at the Annex. You can buy your tickets on ticketmaster or at the Annex box office. https://www.ticketmaster.com/carolina-thunderbirds-tickets/artist/2402904

OPENING NIGHT IS CLOSE TO SELLING OUT (300ish left) AND SATURDAY NIGHT IS DOWN TO THE LAST 1,000ish TICKETS!!!

Thunderbirds Goals
Jan Krivohlavek (2)
Stanislav Vlasov
Daniel Klinecky
Jo Osaka

The Thunderbirds season opener is tonight at 7:35 pm. There are LESS THAN 100 tickets left. The Birds will unveil their 2018-2019 FPHL Banner. I suggest buying your tickets on Ticketmaster because the game WILL sellout. If you can’t make it you can watch the Birds host the Danbury Hat Tricks on the Carolina Thunderbirds YouTube page for FREE!

The Thunderbirds lost their home opener/first loss of the season in front of 3,310 fans (sellout). The Birds attempted to raise their championship banner but the banner made it halfway up and then fell down. That about sums up the Thunderbirds night. The Birds got out to a hot start by taking a 2-0 lead in the first period with goals from Daniel Martin and George Holt. From the second period on it was the Hat Tricks who made the most of their opportunity in a clean hockey game by taking the 3-2 Win over the birds.

There are less than 500 tickets left for tonights game against the Hat Tricks. The puck will drop at 6:05. You can buy your tickets on ticketmaster or at the annex. If you can't make it to the game you can always watch for FREE on the Thunderbirds Youtube page. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChlRc_q9NDz4jS5N47gmAHw

I’m confused. Do you work for them? Because I seem to remember you saying you didn’t work for the organization.

I do not. I'm in the Navy. No one seems to care so thats why I asked if anyone wants me to continue it.

I do not. I'm in the Navy. No one seems to care so thats why I asked if anyone wants me to continue it.

Well then I'm still confused. You are a WSSU grad, a recent one at that. Who is serving in the Navy. Posting about the Carolina Thunderbirds on a Wake Forest message board. None of this makes sense...

Well then I'm still confused. You are a WSSU grad, a recent one at that. Who is serving in the Navy. Posting about the Carolina Thunderbirds on a Wake Forest message board. None of this makes sense...

Why doesn't it make sense? The Thunderbirds play at the Annex with over 1,000 season ticket holders. I figured some people would like updates about what's going on there.

Back