• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Many Wins Will 2019-20 Wake Forest Basketball Have on Selection Sunday?

How many wins will Wake have on Selection Sunday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This season seems like it could be one of those hold your nose, bite your tongue seasons. Patience will be tested. If all is right, it should be rewarded with Currie doing what is necessary at the proper time to get a different basketball coach at Wake Forest.

Next BB coach needs to "get" what Wake Forest is and isn't. And be able to coach basketball as well as relate to the players.

….also would be nice to engage the student body as well as the alums and local community, eh ?

Manning has been a true stealth coach.

I sat as close to the floor as I ever have for $10 in that Houston Baptist debacle last year. It’s just a disgrace how far the program has fallen and for no actual stated reason.

I hope we re-hire Dino. In my mind, that’s the only way to wash the Wellman-[Redacted]-Manning-Childress stench off of the program.

That would be hilarious. (and a huge upgrade)

From 247:

Manning addressed the media Wednesday during Wake Forest Basketball Media Day. Here’s the first part of the Q&A from that session:

OPENING STATEMENT
Manning: “Obviously the season has started in terms of we went out and played a closed-door competition against Winthrop. For us, this season is just a lot different in the standpoint of how we start. We start with ACC play. That’s going to be different. We feel like our league is the best college basketball league there is. That sets us apart even more. But it makes it tougher, because going into your first game, you have to put your entire package in. We’re throwing a lot of different things at our guys, and they’re handling it fairly well. The freshmen are freshmen. But thankfully for us, we’re able to rely on a core group of veterans returning. We’re going to lean heavily on those guys, especially early on. Our freshmen will make contributions throughout the season, without question. We have to rely on our returning players. Those guys understand and accept that. Things are off to a really good start.”

I feel like we're at [Redacted] levels of communication breakdown here: "For us, this season is just a lot different in the standpoint of how we start. We start with ACC play. That’s going to be different. We feel like our league is the best college basketball league there is. That sets us apart even more. But it makes it tougher, because going into your first game, you have to put your entire package in."

Danny, the season starts when the season fucking starts. That's how seasons work.

From 247:

I feel like we're at [Redacted] levels of communication breakdown here: "For us, this season is just a lot different in the standpoint of how we start. We start with ACC play. That’s going to be different. We feel like our league is the best college basketball league there is. That sets us apart even more. But it makes it tougher, because going into your first game, you have to put your entire package in."

Danny, the season starts when the season fucking starts. That's how seasons work.

Danny's entire package...

More of the damn same.
215fe151ddfb225f8e8879683a07b3e3.jpg

Manning was interviewed on Raleigh's 99.9 The Fan this morning and when asked if during this 30th anniversary season of the Joel we can expect a better than 10th place his previous best conference finish we got more of the same "looking to take a step" from him.

Step forward or back Coach??:tard:

I heard part of that. Manning is one boring person. He really can speak for a while without communicating any information. He speaks in platitudes and it is pretty obvious that he has never had an original though and will never think outside of the box.

It was also pretty lame that those guys never ask him about his shitty record.

From 247:

But, does he know how to wear a headset?

Seems like an appropriate place to post this.

There's a whole video where people pretend to be surprised that Manning is coming by to drop off their tickets...meanwhile, the entire family is decked out in Wake gear.

Ha. Just realized that's the Director of Development. No one has made his job harder than Danny Manning.

Last edited:
Ha. Just realized that's the Director of Development. No one has made his job harder than Danny Manning.

I think he was a cheerleader or mascot or something involved with the AD when I was at Wake.

This actually seems like a great job to demote him too, honestly.
Then we hire an actual human to be the coach.

I just assumed his family was being held at gunpoint off-camera and being forced to take the tickets.

10 is a nice round number, so I'm going with that. Can't wait for Currie's press conference where he talks about progress, etc and brings Manning back for another year.

The poll breakdown should have been:

0-2
3-4
5-6
7-8
9 or above.

Pretty sure we are looking at 0-2.

If this were the NBA with 82 games, I could see a shot at double digits win.

Would zero wins be enough to get rid of him? Let's hope so.

You think Wake is going to go 0-30, 1-29 or 2-28?

How much do you wanna bet on this?

I mean posts like that only serve to hurt your position in the long run. If he wins 7 games now that would be evidence compared to your point of view that manning really exceeded what you expected. The odds of Wake winning 0 through 2 games are probably under 1 in 1000

Back