• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Many Wins Will 2019-20 Wake Forest Basketball Have on Selection Sunday?

How many wins will Wake have on Selection Sunday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ayo

What up, Bird?
Reaction score
Ones of people care, but for continuity...

(Including any potential wins (on Tuesday) in the ACC Tournament)

Last edited:
Well, I'll go with 11. 7 in OOC regular games, one in Wooden, and three random ACC wins where the other team doesn't play well, and/or one or two Wake guys have one of "those" games.

Like Harvey Hale had his career scoring game against GA Tech by a lot and Wake won a game they weren't expected to win.

I see many more blowout losses.

12 the league is down except at the very top with Duke, UNC, Louisville and maybe UVA. Our noncon schedule is bad but it is still hard to find more than 12 total wins for us unless some of these new players are really going to surprise us. We already know what is coming back and we have no scoring or rebounding and no defense. Other than that we are good.

I spoke with an old friend who is as inside as you can get to Wake bball without being a coach at the game Saturday. A mutual friend asked him if we had any chance this year and he said NO! before he heard the end of the question.

I say 9. I think we lose a couple of early games that we have no business losing and the whole team basically quits because they know Manning is toast after this season.

I don't see a path to 10 wins. I'll be optimistic and say that Danny exceeds expectations this year and rallies the troops to 9 wins. 6 OOC and 3 conference wins.

Maybe 5 or 6 OOC. We might get 4 or 5 in conference only because we play 20 this year instead of 18.

Better question. How many games/what has to happen does it take before Manning gets canned midseason?

I still need to look at the schedule, so I'll hold off on prediction for now.

But, I'm taking the over on Brandon Childress passive aggressive tweets about the doubters (vs wins) no matter how many wins I predict. It's going to be a long season.

Most home games will probably be away games at the Joel.

I say 9. I think we lose a couple of early games that we have no business losing and the whole team basically quits because they know Manning is toast after this season.

Manning is absolutely not toast after this season.

We will win around 8 to 9 games though. Welcome to the new normal set of expectations.

When I look at the schedule, I come up with 10 or 11. Give me 12 because I’m an optimist.

The poll breakdown should have been:

0-2
3-4
5-6
7-8
9 or above.

Pretty sure we are looking at 0-2.

If this were the NBA with 82 games, I could see a shot at double digits win.

Would zero wins be enough to get rid of him? Let's hope so.

I went with 11. I guess I'm feeling generous.

Spoke with two long-time basketball season ticket holders before the game this past Saturday. One has had season tickets since 1965, the other since 1968. NEITHER renewed for this year.
We could have games with literally less than 2,000 people in attendance.

Danny will lose 20 games for the third straight season. "We have to make shots" "Get more offensive rebounds" "Read the scouting report" These are excuses that come from a coach who doesn't know how to coach. Manning blames players when the problem is he has no real plan. He has no team identity, no offensive identity, certainly no defensive identity throughout his entire tenure as a head coach, and has no idea how to build a winning team and gameplan at the ACC level. More failure.

Back