• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU Tomahawk Nation’s version of bulletin board material AGAINST WF

To be fair, I'm a bit uncertain of how good we are after that Louisville game also.

To be fair, I'm a bit uncertain of how good we are after that Louisville game also.

Yeah. Very fair questions. But the question is if we’re a 7 win team or a 9-10 win team which is a better place for the program to be.

That game brought me to my fears after the USU and BC games. I really thought we would have handled both of them fairly easily. When we didn't, I was hoping for improvement. Thought I saw the real Wake D vs UNC 1st half. Couldn't sustain it. If the game would have been a quarter longer, UNC wins by probably 10-14 points.

The Louisville game has me back to a 5-6 win season. I don't see how we beat FSU since they are more dominating athletically that Louisville. If they get Cam or about any WR in stride past the LBs, they will weave their way down the field. (see last year's highlights) It's kinda funny how Clawson was harping on not giving up "the big play" early in the year, and now, the big plays have become the norm for about every opponent's offensive 10-15th play.

On the other hand if we pull off a win vs FSU, I feel good about 2 more wins, at least....critical game on the schedule....

Last edited:
Yeah, your probably right. Even if we lose, law of averages say we should win 2 more, I'd think. I should have been clearer that the 5-6 wins was a low end preseason guess esp if D didn't improve over last 2 years, and how much we'd miss Dortch and Bachman. While we still miss Dortch's gamebreaking moves/speed, Scotty and Suratt have stepped up nicely. But with an FSU loss I think anyone remaining on the schedule could beat us...

And before WF played Louisville any opponent could have beaten WF. FSU game result is important without being controlling of our chances the rest of the way.

That game brought me to my fears after the USU and BC games. I really thought we would have handled both of them fairly easily. When we didn't, I was hoping for improvement. Thought I saw the real Wake D vs UNC 1st half. Couldn't sustain it. If the game would have been a quarter longer, UNC wins by probably 10-14 points.

The Louisville game has me back to a 5-6 win season. I don't see how we beat FSU since they are more dominating athletically that Louisville. If they get Cam or about any WR in stride past the LBs, they will weave their way down the field. (see last year's highlights) It's kinda funny how Clawson was harping on not giving up "the big play" early in the year, and now, the big plays have become the norm for about every opponent's offensive 10-15th play.

On the other hand if we pull off a win vs FSU, I feel good about 2 more wins, at least....critical game on the schedule....

The UNC game was 100% about Clawson making one of his very few coaching blunders by not kicking the easy field goal to go up 24-0...and importantly...keep the tidal wave of momentum. UNC does basically nothing and quits if we do that.

Instead...

I'm not sure this bulletin board material matters to the FSU players. This game was 13 years ago. These guys were still kids. They have no avenging heart mentality to get back at Wake for a game that far back. Last year? Absolutely. Thirteen years ago? Nah. Hell, the coaching staff isn't even the same. This is more for the fans than the team. This guy seems like he has his own personal grudge against Wake. Maybe he lost a boat load of money on that game. Dick.

Yeah, fair to say I’ve got some serious concerns about our defense, and if Newman can’t go or isn’t effective, I think this is an L. FSU still has a ton of talent on both sides of the ball.

When you get ranked for the first time in years, and in the very next game get pantsed on special teams and by the refs and completely drop out of the rankings, you either come out with a shade of pessimism and embarrassment, or with an extra degree of focus knowing exactly what you need to prove. I feel the state of the program will show that we’re the latter type of team.

IMO FSU is a great team to have to play right now - we know not to take them lightly just based on talent alone, yet I think they lack discipline and perhaps motivation compared to where we are mentally. So it will feel like a good win even if they’re a shell of what they used to be.

I believe we win and return to the Top-25.

Yeah, your probably right. Even if we lose, law of averages say we should win 2 more, I'd think. I should have been clearer that the 5-6 wins was a low end preseason guess esp if D didn't improve over last 2 years, and how much we'd miss Dortch and Bachman. While we still miss Dortch's gamebreaking moves/speed, Scotty and Suratt have stepped up nicely. But with an FSU loss I think anyone remaining on the schedule could beat us...

Is the glass always 90% empty for you?

I met some FSU fans, earlier today, and they had no confidence in their chances to win tonight. They feel the same way about Taggart that we feel about Manning.

I met some FSU fans, earlier today, and they had no confidence in their chances to win tonight. They feel the same way about Taggart that we feel about Manning.

Let's help them fire a bad coach. Hopefully, they will return the favor in basketball season.

Back