• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Uber/Lyft

I haven't mentally decided whether I want to be an auto tipper or not. I basically assume the driver gets 60% of what I'm charged and if he's making $25/hr with that I'll go no tip. If there's a ton of traffic then I'll usually tip.

May have been discussed already but didn't Uber come into existence with plans for the self-driving car future? As in they figured they'd have economies of scale at that point and be better positioned to take over that industry from a ride-sharing perspective. Maybe I made that up completely but I seem to recall an article a few years ago on the topic.

I don't know, but what time to you plan to get up and go pick RJ up at the aiport when he arrives at 4:40 Friday morning ?

May have been discussed already but didn't Uber come into existence with plans for the self-driving car future? As in they figured they'd have economies of scale at that point and be better positioned to take over that industry from a ride-sharing perspective. Maybe I made that up completely but I seem to recall an article a few years ago on the topic.

Yes. That jives with what I’ve heard.

does anyone know if I can get an Uber ride from an airport around 5am? asking for a friend

I always tip $1-3 unless they almost kill us or get lost. Both have happened a couple of times. I literally almost died at PNC Arena in Raleigh one night when a very young Uber driver went to the wrong lot, then jackknifed across 5 lanes of traffic without looking. I turn to my left and see nothing but the headlights of a huge pickup eye level, she screamed and slammed on her brakes and stopped directly in front of the truck. It miraculously missed us by swerving last second. Needless to say, I had a few extra brewskis at the Canes game that night.

I generally only take Uber during work travel... Going between meetings in other cities. Our company does not allow us to tip on Uber fares. Makes me feel like a jerk.

But I'm Platinum and still have a 4.95 rider rating... So tipping must not be a big factor in that calculation.

I generally only take Uber during work travel... Going between meetings in other cities. Our company does not allow us to tip on Uber fares. Makes me feel like a jerk.

But I'm Platinum and still have a 4.95 rider rating... So tipping must not be a big factor in that calculation.

Oof. Do they let you tip on meals? On taxis? Has anyone challenged it?

Do you get your rider rating before or after they see you’ve tipped them? Seems like it should be before so shitty people like whatamount have a bad score, but clearly tipping isn’t in that number.

Back