• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Uber/Lyft

I almost always tip; but particularly if I'm getting a ride later, there may be a chance I get the same driver.

you can always give them cash

My cash? No thanks. I'm cheap.

I've done that a few times with drivers that were really good, but probably not as much as I should.

Company policy has been that Uber tipping is optional, so we're not going to do it. 20% cap on restaurants/taxis.

My cash? No thanks. I'm cheap.

I've done that a few times with drivers that were really good, but probably not as much as I should.

Company policy has been that Uber tipping is optional, so we're not going to do it. 20% cap on restaurants/taxis.

Tipping for taxis and restaurants are also optional. Weird policy.

Our company policy is we don't tip Uber drivers, and if we want to we can in cash. There was something about it blowing up our Concur system because they came through in multiple expenses.

One of the main points of Uber when it first came out was that tipping wasn't going to be a thing anymore, and that the drivers were payed well enough on a percentage of the ride. I like that. The US tipping culture is out of control and counter productive.

Do you get your rider rating before or after they see you’ve tipped them? Seems like it should be before so shitty people like whatamount have a bad score, but clearly tipping isn’t in that number.

Drivers don't see your tip our your feedback when rating you. It's anonymized.

Our company policy is we don't tip Uber drivers, and if we want to we can in cash. There was something about it blowing up our Concur system because they came through in multiple expenses.

One of the main points of Uber when it first came out was that tipping wasn't going to be a thing anymore, and that the drivers were payed well enough on a percentage of the ride. I like that. The US tipping culture is out of control and counter productive.

I hope you aren’t a regular at any restaurants. Unless you just like the taste of spit.

I hope you aren’t a regular at any restaurants. Unless you just like the taste of spit.

I don't not tip at restaurants dick. usually i go 15-20%, I'd say usually around the 18% ball park.

Doesn't change the fact that tipping culture is bullshit though. Nobody tips in China and somehow service doesn't also suck.

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4sbYy0WdGQ[/VIDEO

Sent from my iPad with YouTube for iPad

I generally tip Uber drivers 10%-15% depending on the fare.

I don't not tip at restaurants dick. usually i go 15-20%, I'd say usually around the 18% ball park.

Doesn't change the fact that tipping culture is bullshit though. Nobody tips in China and somehow service doesn't also suck.

Yes, servers should be paid more than $2.14 an hour. If I'm not mistaken almost every other country pays servers and bartenders a living wage and tips aren't customary. Like you said, these countries tend to have a higher standard of service as well. Unfortunately the tipping culture in America is too far gone to amend, or the people who would be able to fix it have no reason to do so since the corporate food industry saves billions per year by essentially renting out sections to their "employees". Servers are basically independent contractors.

Anyways, Uber drivers only get 3/4 of the fare (at best) and aren't reimbursed for gas, oil changes, and car repairs. So a dollar or two every trip doesn't seem too outlandish. I'll be taking an Uber to the Wake game tomorrow and if they can get me there in time to have a bourbon or two before the game they will be getting a fiver.

"XXX does not reimburse for entertaining clients at adult establishments."

Hard no.

You’d think of any company XXX would be fine with entertaining at adult establishments.

Agree with catamount that Uber's original proposition of a no-tip service and then pivot to tipping encouraged is initially confusing then generally annoying.

Back