• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

Okay - so we lose at least 3 games of our last five (at least reasonable) and then either VPI wins out other than ND this week and the UVA or UNC winner this week also wins out?

UVA still plays both those teams, VT plays ND, and UNC has two games where they're going to be slight road underdogs. Not to mention UNC already has four losses.

Also the team that wins out ends the season with a loss to Clemson in a scenario where the ACC second place team gets an OB bid. The only way this doesn't take place seems to be if VPI beats ND and loses to UVA, with UVA taking one more loss. Otherwise the team that wins out gets the ACCCG bid.

Or we're not ranked.

Right, but what are the odds any of those other three teams are ranked? The only other team receiving votes in the ACC besides Wake and Clemson is Pitt.

UVA has 3 losses, VPI will have 3 after a loss to ND next week, and UNC already has four. If nobody is ranked, the CFP ranks until they get to an ACC team to fill the spot, so it's never just a "OB gets to pick the team" situation.

So the Orange Bowl cold be forced to take a middling 8-4 ACC team ? That's an awful look.

What if Louisville wins out?

Yeah this may be the most likely situation other than UVA winning out and then losing to Clemson in the ACCCG.

As of today, Louisville would be an underdog in three of their last four games (Miami, State, Kentucky).

So the Orange Bowl cold be forced to take a middling 8-4 ACC team ? That's an awful look.

I mean as opposed to what - breaking their contract with the ACC? It's almost a guarantee that every Coastal team has 4 losses. Which then leaves only Wake (going 3-2 or better) or Louisville (winning out) to avoid this situation all together.

This is why I was curious about your adamance that we go to El Paso. I agree that if we lose 3 games coming in and ND loses another (or gets jumped for NY6) that we're going to El Paso in most scenarios.

Well since you're insistent on sending a 10-2/9-3 ACC team to fucking El Paso, I guess the Orange Bowl has to.

#SEC Bias Biff

Sounds more like he just didn’t understand the process for OB selection then doubled down under the guise of jimmies ruffling

UGA — most over-rated team in college football.

Not sure what that has to do with anything. Unless it was a personal attack, which is not allowed.

Back