• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

Yeah, I guess scenario 2 is what I was getting at. I guess at that point rankings wouldn’t matter to us for getting into the OB since ACC CG winner would get the auto bid.

Another hypothetical playing off of this...would people rather beat Clemson and then end up in a lower tier bowl (ie, not the OB), or lose to Clemson and get the OB berth. I think I’d pick the latter, even though it would also almost certainly drop us from possibly playing in the ACC CG.

we're 1-63 all-time against top 10 teams. Our one win came before the Battle of the Bulge. We've been to the Orange Bowl - I went, took the family, it was fun

I'll take the win over Clemson and see what happens next

That's a close one. I think if we win the division but then lost the ACCCG I'd take the former, if we beat Clemson and don't even make the ACCG then probably the latter.

What does everyone think the line at Clemson is going to be? I anticipate Clemson -27.5 or so?

Agree, probably around -30 give or take. Clemson was a 35 point favorite against BC this weekend and odds makers should view us as at least a little better than BC.

we're 1-63 all-time against top 10 teams. Our one win came before the Battle of the Bulge. We've been to the Orange Bowl - I went, took the family, it was fun

I'll take the win over Clemson and see what happens next

Fair point. I didn’t make it to the OB the first time - was a poor grad student at the time - so would like the chance to go now. Win at Clemson would be pretty epic though and keeps the ride going longer, assuming we win against state and VT the next two weeks.

Good call. It’d be nice to see our odds as each week passes, based on statistical data

According to the statistical data we should have beaten Cleveland State easily and Duncan should have made it to at least one Final Four.

You stat nerds need to pipe down. I've watched Wake football long enough to know exactly what's going to happen. We will go 2-3 or 3-2 in the final five games, including one absurdly dumb performance in a game we are favored in, and we'll finish with 8 or 9 wins and its our turn to go to the Sun Bowl.

Mark. It. Down.

Not the end of the world, as around the 25 or 30th best team we probably don't deserve a BCS game, so its okay if we finally play in El Paso.

Next year is the year. I can feel it.

#7. I don't remember that game at all.

How often do we play top 10 teams? Once a year? Maybe twice? How many top 10 teams have we played besides Clemson, FSU, and ND in the last 20 years?

That Devin guy fumbled a punt in the rain. I was on the West Coast for a wedding watching in a bar at 9 am.

According to the statistical data we should have beaten Cleveland State easily and Duncan should have made it to at least one Final Four.

You stat nerds need to pipe down. I've watched Wake football long enough to know exactly what's going to happen. We will go 2-3 or 3-2 in the final five games, including one absurdly dumb performance in a game we are favored in, and we'll finish with 8 or 9 wins and its our turn to go to the Sun Bowl.

Mark. It. Down.

Not the end of the world, as around the 25 or 30th best team we probably don't deserve a BCS game, so its okay if we finally play in El Paso.

Next year is the year. I can feel it.

Even at 9-3, Wake has a decent shot at the OB if Clemson makes the playoff.

Biff, I’ve already booked a few rooms at the Courtyard El Paso Downtown, 1.2 miles from Sun Bowl Stadium. Let me know your arrival date and time and I ‘ll put one of them in your name.

Go Deacs!

Thanks, but I've already got a vacation planned to a tropical destination (not Texas or Miami). Go Deacs !

Yep per SP numbers:

Wake has a 48.8% chance of 9, 10, or 11 wins (8.41 expected wins)

UVA has a 24% chance of 9 wins (7.86 expected wins)

Pitt has a 12.2% chance of 9 wins (7.38 expected wins)

VPI has a 10% chance of 9 or 10 wins (7.17 expected wins)

Louisville has a 2.8% chance of 9 wins (6.71 expected wins)

Hell only Wake and UVA are more likely than not to win 8 or more games.

with a billion games every week, seems like it's not really worth trying to figure out for another month

If we're not getting the Orange Bowl, I'd much rather get one of those Orlando bowls than some dumpster of a town like El Paso.

Just win Saturday and take it one day at a time and the bowl picture will take care of itself. FSU game reminds me of the championship game against Ga Tech. 9-6 won it on Swank's toe. Just keep on winning-- lets put the post bye story to rest Saturday

Just win Saturday and take it one day at a time and the bowl picture will take care of itself.

Why take it one day at a time when you could be taking it one second at a time?!?!!!!!!!!!!! Do you want to win or not?

FSU game reminds me of the championship game against Ga Tech. 9-6 won it on Swank's toe.

Yeah, um, no.

The great thing about the 2006 ACCCG was that you could not pay attention for 45 minutes at a time and not really miss anything.

Could a 10-2 ND cut in front of us into the Orange Bowl?
They could... except they're [if I understand it correctly] eligible to be taken by any of the other NY's Six Bowls as an "Independent." And two of them select before the Orange.
Mind you, The ACC is STILL guaranteed a spot for the highest ranked member NOT in the Playoff. As has been repeatedly said here yet folks don't seem to get it.
Regardless though, ND is on a downhill slide on the season, thus most prognosticators are putting them outside the NY Six.

Last edited:
Short version, book El Paso Radisson NOW !

Only a few rooms left for UGA fans at the Memphis Red Roof Inn. Maybe UGA can get to 30 against a no defense Big 12 also-ran. Can't wait for the argument about how UGA is the best 4 loss team in the country.

Last edited:
Back