• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

The Orange Bowl is absolutely ACC v. Big 10/SEC/ND/Indy unless the bowls end up trading someone to avoid repeat matchups or something funky. These are very low odds - no Bowl is going to trade for the ACC team that makes the NY6 if it’s not Clemson and I don’t imagine that there would be any need to change this up otherwise.

The Orange Bowl selection is supposed to be an ACC team vs. SEC, Big Ten, or Notre Dame. But don't underestimate the ability of the bowls and conferences and ESPN to get the match-ups that they want.

But I don't see the Orange Bowl wanting App vs. Wake.

No network would want App vs. Wake. It could be the least watched Orange Bowl in the past 30-50 years.

The Cotton must be praying for SMU to run the table. The walk up ticket sales will fill the place. The OB would want a PSU/UGA to play us. Large student/Alumni school against LOWF. They'll think it's a vacation. That's our only advantage to victory.

SMU didn’t sell out more than like 70 percent of their stadium per the broadcast couple weeks ago against Temple. I do think they’d have good sales but not a guarantee.

I like Memphis or App for the Cotton Bowl. Cincy has a great shot as well

I think the App State fans will be glad to go anywhere besides Montgomery, AL. It seems like they've been there every other year since they moved up to FBS. After P5 road trips this year to Chapel Hill and Columbia, SC, maybe even Montgomery would look good.

So app is back to the R&L bowl where they belong.

How embarrassing it must be to lose to Ga Southern in a revenue sport.

How embarrassing it must be to lose to Ga Southern in a revenue sport.

Huh ? Ga Southern has a better football history than App State and we lost to App State 7 times while they were Div 1-AA. True, it was embarrassing.

LOL.

giphy.gif

Is basketball even a revenue sport for us ?

LOL.

giphy.gif

Is basketball even a revenue sport for us ?

Hardly!! It is officially an expense sport and a large one at that. Probably the biggest by a large margin even over cross country.

Of course it is a huge rev. sport for Danny boy.

It would be a fun, albeit depressing, game to list 20 random ass terrible schools with 10 being ones we lost to and 10 being ones we didn't and see how many the average poster could get right. Like I had no idea we had ever played Georgia Southern, unlike powerhouses Stetson and Houston Baptist.

Sadly the loss to that Georgia Southern team -- very experienced, top 4 Sun Belt squad -- definitely doesn't make the list of top 5 bad losses this decade, and maybe not even the top 10

Please keep all basketball related garbage off the bowl thread. Thx.

Huh ? Ga Southern has a better football history than App State and we lost to App State 7 times while they were Div 1-AA. True, it was embarrassing.

When did Ga Southern win back to back to back National Championships and beat a top 5 Michigan team in Ann Arbor?

Look, I get that Ga Southern is App State's only real rival, but get serious. They've got twice as many 1-AA national championships as you kids, going back-to-back three different times.

Back