• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

Thanks
Look, I get that Ga Southern is App State's only real rival, but get serious. They've got twice as many 1-AA national championships as you kids, going back-to-back three different times.

My next door neighbor played on some of those championship teams when Erik Russell was coach there.
If you’re not familiar with Erk Russell, I bet Biff could fill you in.

And they did win in the swamp as a FCS. It was a bad UF team.

Erk is the most beloved football coach in the history of the state of Georgia. Dooley's Junkyard Dawgs were really Erk's defense.

Last edited:
It has to sting for Georgia fans to know that they are not the best team in their state. The numbers don't lie.

Pretty stressed out about it.

The big question is whether or not Wake will use this opportunity to once again lay claim to the title of Best Team in the Carolinas, which Eliah Drinkwitz so brazenly sought.

Eliah Drinkowitz couldnt beat Wake with a college team loaded with future NFL D and O lineman and future NFL QB and WRs. Oh wait; thats right. He didn't. State sucked again.

It has to sting for Georgia fans to know that they are not the best team in their state. The numbers don't lie.

Yep.
Ga Tech has won 4 national championships in football, and that’s not counting the tie for #1 in 1990.

Goddamn Biff has me defending App State. Georgia Southern has ruined App’s season the past couple of years, but it’s hard to compare the success in the past 15 years or so. App, for as annoying as their fans have been, figured out how to become a relevant football brand and make its university exponentially better because of it. There’s no room for anything in Boone anymore as a result, though.

Palm (CBS), BR, and The Action Network have us in the OB vs. Florida. The Action Network has us as 10 point underdogs.

247 has us playing Liberty in the Belk Bowl in what would be the most disappointing Wake bowl appearance of all time. They have UVa vs. UF in the OB.

Palm (CBS), BR, and The Action Network have us in the OB vs. Florida. The Action Network has us as 10 point underdogs.

247 has us playing Liberty in the Belk Bowl in what would be the most disappointing Wake bowl appearance of all time. They have UVa vs. UF in the OB.
247 is full of stupid.

After yesterday’s win I think Wake is now favored over the field to make the OB. If we go 10-2 we go and if we go 9-3 (even if UVA wins out and loses to Clemson) we are still going probably half the time. We’re gonna be like -2.5 against VPI, -6 against Duke and -9.5 against Cuse.

There's a good chance the SEC won't have enough teams to fill out the bowl slots. I have to imagine that the Belk Bowl would be the one of the most attractive open bowls in that case and could get somebody better than Liberty.

Back