• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

We aren't going to have a competitive loss at Clemson. We are going to get the shit kicked out of us.

Oh god, here we go with 'the Clemson going to crush us' whining. Texas A&M and UNC both played competitive games against Clemson. Clemson might win big, but it's not like its beyond all possibility that WF could hang around if Lawrence continues his practice of playing loose with the ball. WF has the best offense, by far, that Clemson will have seen all year. WF being good in football is not a mirage as some here seem to insist.

Oh god, here we go with 'the Clemson going to crush us' whining. Texas A&M and UNC both played competitive games against Clemson. Clemson might win big, but it's not like its beyond all possibility that WF could hang around if Lawrence continues his practice of playing loose with the ball. WF has the best offense, by far, that Clemson will have seen all year. WF being good in football is not a mirage as some here seem to insist.

If the line was Clemson giving 21 points to Wake and you were forced to bet, which side would you take?

Good post

If the line was Clemson giving 21 points to Wake and you were forced to bet, which side would you take?

Since the line will be higher than that, I would take Clemson -21 and middle the crap out of it by taking WF +24.5 (or more); the majority of my action would be on the WF side.

Clemson may beat WF 56-7; Newman could get knocked out in the first quarter, and Trevor Lawrence could decide to put it all together on November 16. They have a great program, but every year, Clemson plays a couple of tight games. In the last couple of years, Pitt won at Clemson, and State missed a chip shot that would've beaten them. The WF/Clemson game could be competitive because, among other reasons, WF is actually good, and for this season, WF has the better QB.

Last edited:
Also a lot could happen between now and our game on 11/16. Let's see how injuries play out as it is just one or two big injuries to either team could dramatically alter the landscape of that game. Folks forget that is the reason why the Orange played it close last year as CU was having to play Brice Chase who had the whole world on his shoulders and did nothing until the last drive.

Cuse fired their DC this morning. Amazing to think that team was ranked entering this season.

It wasn't just that people picked Syracuse second in the Atlantic which I think certainly had some justification, but it was a certainty that people assigned to it. After Clemson the Atlantic was a jumbled mess where any team could finish second. I remember one write-up about us was like we better get wins before this part of the schedule because we would no chance at either Virginia Tech or Syracuse so now we're going to be favored in both those games.

who could've seen a team from NY that's the alma mater of virtually half of sports media personalities being overhyped

Syracuse got two first place votes. Now that’s dumb for a lot of reasons namely that Clemson was the prohibitive favorite but yeah. That’s wild

Clemson needs to run up the score for playoff positioning. We have to win by one point. It's possible that a undefeated Baylor, with two wins vs Oklahoma, would pass Clemson.

Clemson needs to run up the score for playoff positioning. We have to win by one point. It's possible that a undefeated Baylor, with two wins vs Oklahoma, would pass Clemson.

That is possible, but Baylor winning out and then beating OK again in the Big 12 CG, is not possible. Baylor struggled with Rice and West Virginia. They have losses coming.

We can play as competitively as we want, we're still getting jobbed in Death Valley regardless.

No question that the ACC has "millions" of reasons to want Clemson to win.

Since the line will be higher than that, I would take Clemson -21 and middle the crap out of it by taking WF +24.5 (or more); the majority of my action would be on the WF side.

Clemson may beat WF 56-7; Newman could get knocked out in the first quarter, and Trevor Lawrence could decide to put it all together on November 16. They have a great program, but every year, Clemson plays a couple of tight games. In the last couple of years, Pitt won at Clemson, and State missed a chip shot that would've beaten them. The WF/Clemson game could be competitive because, among other reasons, WF is actually good, and for this season, WF has the better QB.

The bold answers my question. Everything else is surplussage. Forgive me for thinking that Wake will get the shit kicked out of it in a game where we will be, according to Pilch, 24-25 point dogs.

Is it possible that we beat Clemson? Sure. Could we play Clemson close? Sure. But I don't expect us to be close. Clemson is, quite simply, a much better team than Wake by pretty much any metric you want to use. Wake will be playing them at home. If Wake is ranked, that will most likely be the last chance Clemson has to impress the voters (and the metrics) by beating the snot out of a ranked team. Not to mention that if Wake beat them, they would most likely lose out on a chance to even play in the ACC CG.

That would appear to have the makings of a 48-21 type of game. Hope I'm wrong.

Back