• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

Pinstripe Bowl. Sheraton Hotel at Times Square will be our hotel.

Giglio is now confirming (stating for certain?) Wake to Pinstripe. Unfortunately I am flying out of NYC on the 18th, but hopefully everyone else can represent.

wish pinstripe were on 28th or 29th but will try to make it regardless

I will be there! Will take subway with my 10-year old! Not too shabby. I think tailgating becomes Irish bar hopping in the Bronx.

Probably Michigan St. I will be official sometime after 3.

Sling me a PM if you want recommendations. My recommendations will trend downtown as opposed to uptown and Brooklyn.

The playwright for Slave Play insisted that $39 tickets be available to each show and some of those aren't released until a week or so prior to each show. It is an uncomfortable play, but I bring it up because there is a prominent Wake mention about half way through the play. Will win some Tonys and quite possibly more. It is not an easy play, so read a little about first.

Food, I am sure others can recommend. I have a noodle bar recommendation in the East Village, I think everyone unfamiliar with the city should have dinner or lunch on one of the narrow streets in the West Village. Williamsburgh in brooklyn has a ton of restaurants. There is a poster or two that live there, so would defer to them.

Hit me up for specifics or specific requests. I will say if I don't know. I used to send everyone to one of the Momofucko restaurants but I haven't been in years and have no idea if they are still good. Those are the David Chang joints, and he used to be there, but I doubt that is true now.

Pretty crappy opponent. Michigan State lost by 24 to Ohio State, 38 to Wisconsin, 21 to Penn State, and 34 to Michigan. Suppose it's what we deserve after the Syracuse debacle.

It’s all about the weather. A clear cool day in NYC is great.

This bowl is solid sponsored by MLB.

I recommend staying on the east side and taking the 4 train for the game. It pops up right at Yankee Stadium. There are plenty of trains for games and going in and out it will be a completely safe trip. The 4 runs kind of along Park.

There are a ton of good hotels and the 26 to 28th the prices are reasonable. I’m a downtown guy. So that’s what I rec.

Pretty crappy opponent. Michigan State lost by 24 to Ohio State, 38 to Wisconsin, 21 to Penn State, and 34 to Michigan. Suppose it's what we deserve after the Syracuse debacle.

This. We can’t complain. We had a chance to earn the OB by beating mediocre and bad teams and we didn’t.

Pinstripe Bowl. Sheraton Hotel at Times Square will be our hotel.

Don't be confused about the name of this hotel. It's not on Times Square. It's at 53rd Street and 7th (or is it Avenue of Americas?).

I stayed at the Sheraton about 10-12 years ago. Unless they have done a major renovation. The rooms are kinda small, even for NYC standards.

Anybody planning to stay in NYC area through NY Day?

Back