• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

I asked around and folks who have gone to football games in Yankee stadium (I have a ND alum buddy who went to a game there ...) said:

* The 200 level seats are pretty good
* You can bar up in the neighborhood early, but you might have to wait 20 minutes to get into a bar to get a drink. He suggested you go ahead and go into the stadium and spend the extra coin at the wine bar and bars inside. Also gives you an opportunity to go to Monument park inside Yankee stadium.

One of the official Wake accounts tweeted this morning we've sold about 3,000 tix. Goal is 10,000 and our allotment is 7,000.

One of the official Wake accounts tweeted this morning we've sold about 3,000 tix. Goal is 10,000 and our allotment is 7,000.

Critics are, unfortunately, downplaying this match up. The regional regulars are not dying to travel. The WF alums situated in NY area probably prefer BB and soccer. Plus TV makes viewing game too easy.

BUT Deacs just need to press on and beat a Big Ten school!

Critics are, unfortunately, downplaying this match up. The regional regulars are not dying to travel. The WF alums situated in NY area probably prefer BB and soccer. Plus TV makes viewing game too easy.

BUT Deacs just need to press on and beat a Big Ten school!

It's likely the worst timing for travel to an extremely expensive location. And the weather could really suck. Other than that, I am amazed we haven't sold out already. :)

Well I bought on Stubhub. After getting shit tickets allocated the last two bowl games, despite high Deacon Club status, I decided not to be the sucker for third year in a row. I hope the ticket office gets the message that it is grossly unfair for them to allow 50 seat blocks being sold to one family with high status.

We haven’t bought yet because we just finalized plans yesterday for travel and got confirmation of who was coming. I’d guess there is a lot of that.

How far of a train ride is it to the Bronx from
White Plains?

The Harlem line (White Plains) does not directly go to Yankee Stadium. You can catch the Hudson line (Irvington or Tarrytown) and go directly to the stadium or take the Harlem line to 125th street and switch to the 4 line subway headed uptown from there.

The Harlem line (White Plains) does not directly go to Yankee Stadium. You can catch the Hudson line (Irvington or Tarrytown) and go directly to the stadium or take the Harlem line to 125th street and switch to the 4 line subway headed uptown from there.

Doesn’t sound extremely difficult, we talking less than an hour?

If you're leaving from White Plains catch the 1:02PM train to get there early or 2:02 to get there just in time. Tarrytown is the 1:06 or 2:06, which gets to Irvington by 1:10 or 2:10.

Somebody once suggested to take a Greyhound on the Hudson River line. Not sure if that applies here though.

Back