• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

I went through wake to get the tickets mainly because we need to sell out the allotment to keep giving our ad leverage to get us to NYC instead of the sun bowl.

Every situation is different but if you can afford it always better to buy through wake.

Texas A&M was 7-5. Memphis was probably 9-3. Temple was maybe 10-2. I think Oregon was 6-6 and ASU was 7-4. I somehow don't remember Louisville's record.

EDIT - I thought I was in the 1% but somehow didn't even remember we played Mississippi State in the Music City Bowl in 2011 and don't really remember the EagleBank Bowl and Meineke Car Care bowls either.

I was each of those bowls. Haha. EagleBank was COLD. That was when Phonzo got the INT record. Can’t make this one though.

I've been to 6/7 of our bowl games in the last fifteen years (missed UConn in Charlotte), and bought all tickets through the DC with my baby ranking. With the exception of the OB where my group was in the second tier, I've had solid to great seats every time.

Sure, the ones you can get on stub hub at the 50 yard line are better, but as all of you know buying from our official allotment is good for future bowl chances. And we've gotten pretty great ones.

I've been to 6/7 of our bowl games in the last fifteen years (missed UConn in Charlotte), and bought all tickets through the DC with my baby ranking. With the exception of the OB where my group was in the second tier, I've had solid to great seats every time.

Sure, the ones you can get on stub hub at the 50 yard line are better, but as all of you know buying from our official allotment is good for future bowl chances. And we've gotten pretty great ones.

This is where I am. But everyone is different. Selling tickets through the bowl isn’t bad for Wake though provided we hit our allotment.

Our initial allotment is 7500, which I fully expect us to sell. I'm curious if we'll have to ask for additional allotments as we've done for previous bowls.

Our initial allotment is 7500, which I fully expect us to sell. I'm curious if we'll have to ask for additional allotments as we've done for previous bowls.

Apparently we’re discounting student tickets 70%. That’s a good idea. We have so many students in that area. I expect them to show better than Charlotte.

Apparently we’re discounting student tickets 70%. That’s a good idea. We have so many students in that area. I expect them to show better than Charlotte.

Can students buy blocks of tickets so they can sit with their ‘friends ‘?
If so, get a block of 10-20 for friends, family, etc. and fill up the place.

Can students buy blocks of tickets so they can sit with their ‘friends ‘?
If so, get a block of 10-20 for friends, family, etc. and fill up the place.

I doubt it at that discount. I’m sure they could probably sit together, but I’m sure they’ll need a student ID per ticket to pick up at will call.

We won a rematch with Navy in the EagleBank Bowl (Riley had a great game) and beat UConn in the Car Care Bowl (Kenneth Moore was MVP).

I remember the EagleBank Bowl solely because it started at like 11am, which meant we were in the RFK parking lot around 7:30a to start tailgating. At one point, the cops rolled by just to "check in" - they didn't seem interested in busting anyone even if they were underage - and they reminded us not to do anything to get ourselves arrested because we'd end up in some jail in Anacostia. At one point I literally bumped into Nathan Hatch - physically bumped into him - and slurred something about us not being Notre Dame and to stop trying. The game ended around 2 in the goddamn afternoon, which meant I was blacked out by 4pm.

... because there is a prominent Wake mention about half way through the play.
I'm unlikely to go to NYC, so if it doesn't give spoilers, what is the reference?

There is a black character who is somewhat in denial that he is perceived as black. He thinks he's perceived as more good looking than anything. And he is - good looking. Anyway, he presents himself as sort of an oof until he reveals one racist incident that happened to him at Wake Forest: https://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/31952-Slave-Play-Wake-Forest-mention

I’m also in the 1% of Wake fans that cares about football 100 times as much as b-ball as you might remember. I’m sure there are tons of Wake fans that could list facts about our NCAA tourney opponents over the years. It’s not that different.

I can quickly do this for the past 10 years.

Ranking the 39 Bowls from best to worst:

#32 Pinstripe Bowl: Wake Forest (8-4) vs. Michigan State (6-6) — Dec. 27, 3:20 p.m. (ESPN)

Wake Forest lost three of its final four games as injuries started to mount. Michigan State, meanwhile, had to win its last two games just to get to .500. At least a trip to New York was the reward for that effort.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ranking-the-39-bowl-games-from-best-to-worst-232955567.html

... because there is a prominent Wake mention about half way through the play.

There is a black character who is somewhat in denial that he is perceived as black. He thinks he's perceived as more good looking than anything. And he is - good looking. Anyway, he presents himself as sort of an oof until he reveals one racist incident that happened to him at Wake Forest: https://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/31952-Slave-Play-Wake-Forest-mention

Jaybone is black?

If you buy through Wake: Field Level...$140.00; Main Level...$95.00; Terrace Level...$70.00; Bleachers...$55.00

If you buy through Wake: Field Level...$140.00; Main Level...$95.00; Terrace Level...$70.00; Bleachers...$55.00

Those prices for this game are nuts. A Wake fan on Reddit asked for seating advice. Sounds like all the views are bad.

Ranking the 39 Bowls from best to worst:

#32 Pinstripe Bowl: Wake Forest (8-4) vs. Michigan State (6-6) — Dec. 27, 3:20 p.m. (ESPN)

Wake Forest lost three of its final four games as injuries started to mount. Michigan State, meanwhile, had to win its last two games just to get to .500. At least a trip to New York was the reward for that effort.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ranking-the-39-bowl-games-from-best-to-worst-232955567.html

That lack of excitement’s not our fault. We’re still putting up a billion yards of offense, even if we’re also giving up nearly as many.

Back