• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ed Hardin Needs Prozac and a Kick in the Ass

Lol

"We’re another week closer to basketball season, but that’s nothing to look forward to at Wake these days.

For the Deacs, it’s still football season.

The conference has seen enough of Wake football now to have a pretty good idea of how to play, and defeat, the Deacons. Wake plays strict zone defense, a kind of bend-but-don’t-break defense. But sometimes, the Deacs bend, break and shatter at the worst of times.

An offense that deploys an odd delayed handoff running game had piled up the fourth-most yards in the country heading into the FSU game and is confounding if not consistent. And at times, it’s not popular with the fan base. FSU was waiting for it, and when Wake drove the length of the field time and time again, the Deacs would get more and more predictable"

Went to the Winston-Salem Journal site thinking I would read something positive about Wake Forest this morning. Got this depressing column instead. The guy almost makes me miss Lenox Rawlings. Almost....

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/c...e_dc925182-650d-5c50-a3e4-14ce109df409.html#2

Yeah. His columns post-UNC and FSU are really starting to get annoying. He's just finding something to be upset about.

"Deacs will have a week off to consider why they struggled to beat Florida State " - No they won't. They will be happy to be 6-1, and focused on healing up and preparing for NC State. Wake is a good team. Sorry, Ed, that they are 6-1 in a fashion that you do not appreciate.

That article reads like it was written by a UNC grad whining because he didn't get to cover the UNC game. Second football article I read by him recently looking forward to bball season. Dude...

I mean...the game was close because Wake and FSU are roughly equal. I'd imagine that Wake beats FSU about 55 of ever 100 times and that's why it was close. Hell FSU closed as a three point favorite at kickoff. It's not as if Wake was a double digit favorite.

I also don't think Wake fans "seem slow to appreciate" what is happening with this team. I think Wake fans acknowledge that this has the potential to be a special season but that it only becomes special if you don't repeatedly shoot yourself in the foot in the red zone against an FSU team you dominated for the first 20 minutes only to have a feeble 9-0 lead (which you then blew).

Man what an awful article. I'm sure 50 degree weather and the threat of tropical storm rain didn't help the attendance numbers but of course Ed can't mention that while calling our fans fickle. He should write for the new York times with all that fake news action.

Last edited:
Ed is ED- no purple pill will fix his Mack Brown man crush lost or the journalist skills he never had. Sad man who writes in the hometown newspaper. Much rather be a Wake fan this morning than a Holes or Woffie or Dook fan- as I am every morning. Ed is more to pitied than censured!

I agree. Ed has been good for years, but the tone of this makes little sense. This team is very much appreciated by The fan base, and also FSU has dozens of NFL players and have the ability to manhandle all but the best if teams.

pretty typical Ed Hardin column. his best columns are when he is waxing poetic about hunting and fishing. he loves the heels, is super sentimental about the old ACC, and will always consider WF to be a football doormat with any success surprising.

I like that he shits on hoops. Hopefully Currie is reading. And Wellman too, just because fuck Wellman.

I agree. Ed has been good for years, but the tone of this makes little sense. This team is very much appreciated by The fan base, and also FSU has dozens of NFL players and have the ability to manhandle all but the best if teams.

If that FSU team had dozens of NFL players it’s getting ridiculously easy to make it into the league.

Thought he made several complimentary remarks about WF football, and some uncomplimentary remarks about WF basketball. I agree with them all.

I like this team. They may not have all of the weapons that the 2006 team had but they don't quit! It would have been easy to lay down in the 4th quarter against Louisville but they didn't. They kept fighting. 6-1! Screw they haters!

The Basketball Situation has been unacceptable for some time now. If Hardin (or anyone else) feels the need to point that out, I have no problem with it.

I like this team. They may not have all of the weapons that the 2006 team had but they don't quit! It would have been easy to lay down in the 4th quarter against Louisville but they didn't. They kept fighting. 6-1! Screw they haters!

Agree with this. This team's number one attribute is that it never stops fighting or stops believing that it will win. I think this reflects the coaching staff.

Back