• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

clock management

ChrisL68

Riley Skinner
Reaction score
It was crazy to see us snap the ball with 6 seconds left on the clock on that last possession.

You have TOs. Why not let the clock run down to 1 second, call a TO and then regroup and run a play.

Last edited:
If FSU were smart they would have sent the house at Carney. He’s not throwing the ball.

Calling timeout gives FSU the chance to get smart.

I'm a little worried that we are going to run the Carney wildcat play into the ground from here on out. I like to see it with Hinton though and actually throw a pass from it.

We only used that play because Jamie was out. It's an extremely safe play. Limit any chance of a bad exchange etc. I'm fine with it. Nearly got the first. But we should have milked the clock a bit more. And most importantly, it worked. We won

I liked the RPO look with Sage coming in motion in the red zone. Not sure if that was 100% a decoy but if we run wildcat again I’d like to see that as an option.

Was Sage in the game for the final series?

I'm a little worried that we are going to run the Carney wildcat play into the ground from here on out. I like to see it with Hinton though and actually throw a pass from it.

I like it!

I liked the RPO look with Sage coming in motion in the red zone. Not sure if that was 100% a decoy but if we run wildcat again I’d like to see that as an option.

Was Sage in the game for the final series?

I would like to see someone with more speed

dead on, running Sage through allowed for touchdown, need to have Hinton do it 10 times a game and hand it to him 3 times, it will make RPO more effective and redzone more effective, currently wake has no threat to run wide ever. Amazing win yesterday.

dead on, running Sage through allowed for touchdown, need to have Hinton do it 10 times a game and hand it to him 3 times, it will make RPO more effective and redzone more effective, currently wake has no threat to run wide ever. Amazing win yesterday.

Adding orbit motion to the slow RPO would make life even more difficult for defenses. Orbiter would change receiver side to side balance. Or, QB could pull ball from RB and hand to orbiter.

It was crazy to see us snap the ball with 6 seconds left on the clock on that last possession.

You have TOs. Why not let the clock run down to 1 second, call a TO and then regroup and run a play.

I asked the same question in the stands last night and on the game thread when i got home. not our best of a few questionable coaching moments and i am DC IN but we need to dial it up

We also need to run some orbit motion that goes behind QB/RB mesh point, gives the QB another option for "lateral" at first or slight down field throw and then run slant with wr that's on the side that orbiter is running to.

We also need to run some orbit motion that goes behind QB/RB mesh point, gives the QB another option for "lateral" at first or slight down field throw and then run slant with wr that's on the side that orbiter is running to.

The QB is focusing on trying to read the D-Line through that exaggerated handoff. Trying to time and/or turn to see the pitch to someone behind him sounds like a recipe for an unmitigated disaster of Gaines Adams proportions.

I'm glad that Clawson was prepared to try something different in the red zone. The "Crazy Cade" worked, but it probably won't work again since our opponents now have film on it. Having Jamie back will solve so many problems.

Adding orbit motion to the slow RPO would make life even more difficult for defenses. Orbiter would change receiver side to side balance. Or, QB could pull ball from RB and hand to orbiter.

How would that work with RPO? I’m sure there is a way but timing is important with the orbit component and your timing in the RPO is delayed waiting for the defense to commit. I guess you just run it and if the timing and defense align then choose orbit.

How would that work with RPO? I’m sure there is a way but timing is important with the orbit component and your timing in the RPO is delayed waiting for the defense to commit. I guess you just run it and if the timing and defense align then choose orbit.

Pretty much. Probably 9 times out of 10 (or maybe more) it ends up simply moving a receiver from one side to the other. Maybe 1 out of10 everything goes right for a handoff to the orbiter. The orbit motion simply adds pne more thing for an opposing defense to worry about.

Back