• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State Game Time - Noon ESPN

Oh man, how wrong was BKF? That dude predicted Clawson failure and said we'd never be a perennial bowl team.
He was even here as his alter ego at the beginning of this year talking about how we'd be lucky to win 6 games.

He prattled on and on about how we were crazy to let go of grobe because nobody else could win here and that Clawson was doomed to failure and would never win 6 games in a year. Talk about what a terrible offensive coach Clawson was because he inherited no talent. And now he's put together like four or five of the best offensive performances in Wake Forest history over the last few years.

Last edited:
Dang, a couple of weeks ago some of you people had us 9-0 going into the Clemson game. Now some of you have us struggling at home with an awful State team that is 0-3 on the road and is going to have to beat UNC-CH the last week of this season to make a bowl game.

If we manage to beat State easily it says more about them than it does about us. We haven't "dominated" any of our D-1 opponents including Rice who scored 3 touchdowns on us. We've squeaked by BC, FSU, UNC and USU, and Louisville scored 62 on us. It will be a struggle to beat State most likely, but especially if Newman is out. Our defense can't really stop a D-1 offense with any talented players. That's who we are. Just find a way to win the game boys.

Thanks for the helpful non-answer, Numbers. -_-

Banned poster BobKnightFan of Randleman North Carolina. Beloved Donald voter. Loathed supporter of all things not Wake Forest football. He once pulled for UNC in a basketball game.

If we manage to beat State easily it says more about them than it does about us. We haven't "dominated" any of our D-1 opponents including Rice who scored 3 touchdowns on us. We've squeaked by BC, FSU, UNC and USU, and Louisville scored 62 on us. It will be a struggle to beat State most likely, but especially if Newman is out. Our defense can't really stop a D-1 offense with any talented players. That's who we are. Just find a way to win the game boys.

Is this a parody? Have I been getting mad at a parody this whole time!?!?

Banned poster BobKnightFan of Randleman North Carolina. Beloved Donald voter. Loathed supporter of all things not Wake Forest football. He once pulled for UNC in a basketball game.
Ah.

So a shithead troll from before I really paid attention here.
Thank you.

God we could be undefeated heading into the championship game and that wiener fusiondad would still be whining and waiting for the other shoe to drop. We’re 6-1 and re-entered the rankings, try to allow yourself some happiness.

This is the perfect example of a "hater". Before trashing our team perhaps you should take a close look at the roster of FSU, for example. Someone told me that FSU has more 5* recruits than Clemson. Louisville has a roster that is filled with higher ranked players than we have. State just got bashed by BC, which we best by the way. Wake should not be competitive given the relative recruiting rankings. However, we have a staff that knows how to evaluate and develop players that are suited to Wake Forest. Instead of belittling the wins we have, we should be amazed that we are 6-1.

I know this will be interpreted as little ole Wake Forest; but the fact is that Wake is small and at a decided disadvantage against virtually very member of the ACC not named Duke (in football). That makes seasons like this so enjoyable and posts like the above so infuriating.

6-1 in the only god damn stat that means anything. Just win, baby.

They list 12 injured players including 4 CBs. Sounds similar to our situation last year. Thinking we should be able to pass big time. Don’t want to get overconfident but we should dominate this game.

Yeah, sounds very similar to when we rolled into Raleigh last year with a QB starting his first game, banged up on defense facing a ranked State team not given much of a chance and what happened? Definitely don’t get overconfident.

Both OTs are out for the season, the TE is out for the season, #2CB out for the season:

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/article236487963.html

Thank you

A few troubling thoughts/predictions, some which have been mentioned:

0-7 after bye week and the 7th was with a lot if focus and emphasis.

Doran will be better prepared than Clawson and Pack rested and somewhat healed.

We will be characteristically predictable, whereas State will run 3-5 surprise or trick plays, scoring on 2. They run 1 or 2 every game anyway, so I figure with 2 weeks, we'll see more and different. They won 2 games with these last year, IIRC.

So, my prediction is we'll need a 2 score distance most of the way, and a 2 td lead in the 4th to win.

If we're up big in the 3rd quarter, and we pull Jamie in garbage time, do we put in Kerns or a walk-on? OK, that's as far out on a limb I will go. I've been around too long to put a W in the column before a game.

Yeah, sounds very similar to when we rolled into Raleigh last year with a QB starting his first game, banged up on defense facing a ranked State team not given much of a chance and what happened? Definitely don’t get overconfident.

Those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. All that counts is the W.

I am overconvident. We'll see if it matters (it doesn't).

Wake definitely "dominated" Rice. We had a 100% post-game win expectancy and the game entered garbage time with almost a full quarter left on the road. They ran for 1.8 yards a carry and had under 230 yards of offense when we took our starters out.

Wake definitely "dominated" Rice. We had a 100% post-game win expectancy and the game entered garbage time with almost a full quarter left on the road. They ran for 1.8 yards a carry and had under 230 yards of offense when we took our starters out.

I think any team that wins has 100 percent post-game win expectancy, lol.

I think any team that wins has 100 percent post-game win expectancy, lol.

I meant statistically based on the way the game played out (same modeling concept as KenPom). Last weekend we had like a 57% post-game win expectancy based on the stats which makes sense given it was a back and forth game that came down to field goals and finishing drives.

Thank you

A few troubling thoughts/predictions, some which have been mentioned:

0-7 after bye week and the 7th was with a lot if focus and emphasis.

Doran will be better prepared than Clawson and Pack rested and somewhat healed.

We will be characteristically predictable, whereas State will run 3-5 surprise or trick plays, scoring on 2. They run 1 or 2 every game anyway, so I figure with 2 weeks, we'll see more and different. They won 2 games with these last year, IIRC.

So, my prediction is we'll need a 2 score distance most of the way, and a 2 td lead in the 4th to win.

Disagree.

Back