• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State Game Time - Noon ESPN

Was this the last time that we successfully tore the goalposts down? IIRC when we beat BC in 06 the students tried and failed.
A lot of schools moved to breakaway goalposts in the late 90's, early 00's from what I remember. Field security would lay the posts down as soon as time expired after a big win. I think that sort of killed the "tradition"...no one really seems to try anymore.

Was this the last time that we successfully tore the goalposts down? IIRC when we beat BC in 06 the students tried and failed.

The yellow windbreaker jacket brigade hampered any future attempts. Congrats to Wake Administration on f-ing up another thing.

Some dude is posting on the Deacon sports FB page that he heard Newman is out for year. All common sense says that’s fucking retarded but the PTSD Deac fan in me needs confirmation of that rumor being complete horseshit.

Some dude is posting on the Deacon sports FB page that he heard Newman is out for year. All common sense says that’s fucking retarded but the PTSD Deac fan in me needs confirmation of that rumor being complete horseshit.

So you decided to share this with us and give the rest of us unfounded gastrointestinal distress because every wake fan is just as convinced that the universe hates us as you are? Gee, thanks buddy.

Did you just stumble upon FusionDad's Facebook account???!!!!

Only if the dildo who posted that sat on him.

Lol. That page was full of people who heard all sorts of bullshit back when Manning should have been fired.

Lol. That page was full of people who heard all sorts of bullshit back when Manning should have been fired.
Hey man... Aunt Bertie heard it from her hairdresser who heard it from her sister who's husband who has a friend in the know because he empties the trashcans in the ADs office.
Impeccable Sauces.

Didn't we announce publicly when Hartman was out for the year last year? If Newman's out, feel like we would say it.

Lol I'm pretty sure Les' recent string of tweets was in direct response to this

I will never forget the end of that ‘99 GT game. I was 14. Calvin Pace came around the end untouched and destroyed Joe Hamilton to end the game. I jumped over the front wall of the east side stadium (before there was a cheerleader platform) don’t know how I didn’t break anything. I ran straight for the goalpost, faster than I had ever run in my life. I was directly beneath Sankey as he straddled the crossbar. I kept jumping up and touching his foot. From behind, and I still have no clue who, but some player just grabbed me and hurled me up in the air. I was hanging from the cross bar for my life. It was bouncing violently, cold and wet, but nothing was going to keep me from hanging on. I was in heaven. When it finally came down I was totally engulfed in a mob of people, most of whom were these enormous players. I couldn’t see over or through anyone. It was so tightly packed I couldn’t even lift my arms. But it was absolutely the greatest sports moment in my young life.

A lot of schools moved to breakaway goalposts in the late 90's, early 00's from what I remember. Field security would lay the posts down as soon as time expired after a big win. I think that sort of killed the "tradition"...no one really seems to try anymore.

Anyone have the somewhat iconic picture of the students trying to tear down the goalposts in 2006? My buddy was up there on the crossbar. I should have broken a leg after jumping onto the field from too high a part of the brick wall, but was somehow fine.

Two things:

First: 1996...remember tearing down posts when we upset ranked Northwestern led by Kuklick... that was awesome 👏

Second... if beat Clemson... somebody’s gotta try to get down and tear down goal post... worst case scenario... u make Tv and probably get a Cmon man from Randy Miss on Mon nt!!

Peyton Manning there to support his head coach (fuck you Cutcliffe) ... invite Peyton.

Morgan Kane or all time great Calvin Pace gives the pre game speech.

Don’t Clemson fans rush the field after every game?

I will never forget the end of that ‘99 GT game. I was 14. Calvin Pace came around the end untouched and destroyed Joe Hamilton to end the game. I jumped over the front wall of the east side stadium (before there was a cheerleader platform) don’t know how I didn’t break anything. I ran straight for the goalpost, faster than I had ever run in my life. I was directly beneath Sankey as he straddled the crossbar. I kept jumping up and touching his foot. From behind, and I still have no clue who, but some player just grabbed me and hurled me up in the air. I was hanging from the cross bar for my life. It was bouncing violently, cold and wet, but nothing was going to keep me from hanging on. I was in heaven. When it finally came down I was totally engulfed in a mob of people, most of whom were these enormous players. I couldn’t see over or through anyone. It was so tightly packed I couldn’t even lift my arms. But it was absolutely the greatest sports moment in my young life.

Great story!

Back