• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Strnad???

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
I'm sure no one has any information on his injury, otherwise it would've been posted.

If he is out for awhile or the season (hope not!!!), I think this is where the redshirt rule could really benefit us. Do we have a couple of true freshman linebackers that could step in and give us good help for 4 or fewer games?

Guessing that he pulled a tendon off his elbow and the equivalent of a torn pectoral??? I would be surprised if he is not out for the rest of the regular season - based on the emotion on his face on the sidelines.

Guessing that he pulled a tendon off his elbow and the equivalent of a torn pectoral??? I would be surprised if he is not out for the rest of the regular season - based on the emotion on his face on the sidelines.

Yeah, that is my fear as well. Huge loss, but I was proud of how our defense responded after he went out Saturday night. Let's hope we're wrong.

Clawson said at presser it "didn't look good" and that he would have an MRI (Mon I assume). IMO, that sounds like a 90% chance done for the year....

According to an Instagram post he put up, he is done for the year.

Crap. Hate it most for him, hate it all around. Probably the biggest loss we could have on defense.

Crap. Hate it most for him, hate it all around. Probably the biggest loss we could have on defense.

We all hate it.
But like Clawson and the team says ‘Next man up’.

Everyone’s got to be prepared to go in and play like they’re a one (first team).
Williams did a good job in Strnad’s place Saturday night. And Monroe had an interception. These guys need to keep it up and step it up. Remember how well we played at the end of last season with a team decimated by injuries.
This team has demonstrated a will to win. They can do it.

Chase Jones

Chase Monroe

Burley

Jacquez appears ready to step up, too.

I noticed that they put Monroe and Strnad together during passing downs. During Monroe's interception, he and Strnard collided together. I like the substitution packages we are implementing on 3rd downs.

Jacquez played very well in Strnads absence enough to take over that starting job. May see more of Burley and some Jones.

jacquez played well. always found ken dicks on the depth chart as rover to be interesting, maybe he will get some snaps there.

jacquez played well. always found ken dicks on the depth chart as rover to be interesting, maybe he will get some snaps there.

Wonder if there is any thought to playing one of our drop ends at linebacker some?

Per Les, Strnad will have surgery on his arm today and his out for the rest of the year.
His football career at Wake is done.

My heart goes out to Strnad. I can't imagine the feeling of knowing he won't suit up again with his guys...He gave so much to Wake Forest and seemed to have a coaches mentality. Such a smart guy, true leader and absolute talent...he'll be missed but I hope for a bright future for the young man. He's earned a shot on a practice squad and if Football doesn't work out I hope Wake takes care of him and brings him on as a springboard to another opportunity.

Next. Man. Up

It won’t surprise me at all if Strnad ends up being a pretty good DC one day.

Damn. Strnad should play on Sundays so hopefully he can recover and participate in workouts/combine stuff.

Bummer he isn't eligible for a medical redshirt.

Back