• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC coaching salaries

I guess I'm surprised $2.2 million is the lowest salary in the conference

would have guessed closer to $1.5, though I'm not sure who I would have guessed it would be

I agree. I thought Clawson made about what is reported there. I just didn’t think it was #13 in the league. Surprised Satterfield got over $3M. College coaches get paid way too much. Trim a million from each and universities could pay each scholarship athlete almost $12K a year.

Those numbers are bullshit. Clawson makes more. He will get plenty more on a 9/10 win season. In addition Clawson will want more for staff to keep them around. Every year we pay down Manning is more for Clawson cuz he ain't getting a raise. Add to that his new office is in a Taj Mahal. Clawson ain't leaving Wake Forest. Win 6 and you're good for fucking ever. Best coaching job in the country.

Those numbers are bullshit. Clawson makes more.

They aren't bullshit. They are what he made as of the most recently available public release of Wake Forest salary info. The inability of "reporters" to understand and report on the fact that private school salaries are based on old numbers is what continues to amaze me.

I agree. I thought Clawson made about what is reported there. I just didn’t think it was #13 in the league. Surprised Satterfield got over $3M. College coaches get paid way too much. Trim a million from each and universities could pay each scholarship athlete almost $12K a year.

Would that include woman’s volleyball or men’s tennis?

Those numbers are bullshit. Clawson makes more. He will get plenty more on a 9/10 win season. In addition Clawson will want more for staff to keep them around. Every year we pay down Manning is more for Clawson cuz he ain't getting a raise. Add to that his new office is in a Taj Mahal. Clawson ain't leaving Wake Forest. Win 6 and you're good for fucking ever. Best coaching job in the country.

I remember a similar discussion about fifteen years ago that was soon after followed by a marathon thread titled "Grobe to Arkansas."

Would that include woman’s volleyball or men’s tennis?

No. 85 schollies for football X 12K = $1 million. Paying only the football (and men's basketball players creates a Title IX problem).

Taking a $1 million from each college football coach sounds great in theory, but there are 60 FBS coaches that make less than $2 million, and 38 that make less than a million. So, even if we are going to only pay the Power V football guys, we will need to create a "pro" division of college football and cut the FBS in half. Finally, not exactly equitable to essentially cut in half the salary of the coaches making $ 2million or less, while taking a million off of Dabo's or Saban's salary approaching $10 million.

College sports is moving into an era while players will get paid via the "fair pay to play" movement and Alabama football and Duke basketball players will get serious cash, and most others won't get anything.

I agree, but I have listened to his radio show the last 4 or 5 weeks, and he was extremely disappointed in the crowd vs. Louisville. I think Florida State he let go due to the weather, but I do think we need to put butts in the seats our last two games - State will be easy, but Duke may not.

Then, next year, we need to continue to build a crowd experience. I think that matters to Clawson, a lot, and perhaps the only thing that drives him on to his next challenge - the opportunity to play in front of 70,000 fans. I believe our challenge is to keep him for the next three or four years - after that, I think we have him until he retires. I also think it matters that his daughter is down the road (at Furman I believe). That will also help us a lot retain Clawson. I can't see him going to, say, USC, and leaving his daughter at Furman for two years ...

I agree, but I have listened to his radio show the last 4 or 5 weeks, and he was extremely disappointed in the crowd vs. Louisville. I think Florida State he let go due to the weather, but I do think we need to put butts in the seats our last two games - State will be easy, but Duke may not.

Then, next year, we need to continue to build a crowd experience. I think that matters to Clawson, a lot, and perhaps the only thing that drives him on to his next challenge - the opportunity to play in front of 70,000 fans. I believe our challenge is to keep him for the next three or four years - after that, I think we have him until he retires. I also think it matters that his daughter is down the road (at Furman I believe). That will also help us a lot retain Clawson. I can't see him going to, say, USC, and leaving his daughter at Furman for two years ...

daughter is Davidson class of '21
believe Clawson's son graduates high school in 2021 as well

Wake Forest University doesn't emphasize being a part of the Triad. It has seen itself as being apart from the Triad. That is a reason the Triad has not embraced Wake Forest athletics.

Wake Forest University doesn't emphasize being a part of the Triad. It has seen itself as being apart from the Triad. That is a reason the Triad has not embraced Wake Forest athletics.

Disagree. Multiple promos for Triad's Team. Maybe lack of traction is 60+ yrs with 10s of thousands of State, UNC fans and bandwagons full of Duke hoop fans that reside here.

Back