• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-2021 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Welcome to the LaGordo Era

Rozier is the worst overpay since...Nic Batum and Biz, also on the roster. Nice!

At least zeller does stuff when he’s not injured.

Not $15mm worth, but this isn’t my thread. I’ve seen 2&2 defend basically every contract on the team so I’ll let him do that. The young guns look good! Here’s to another 9 seed!

I’m trying to find a silver lining.

At least when most of these overpaid terrible contracts come off the books we’ll have plenty of room to sign...our next batch of overpaid terrible contracts!

Hey come on let’s not sell short Zeller or Williams or MKG.

The thing I like about the awful contracts we give out isn’t just that they’re at least $7-10 million more a season than you would think possible to pay these guys, but they’re also always longer than necessary. All those guys got 4, batum 5, Rozier 3 years

Not $15mm worth, but this isn’t my thread. I’ve seen 2&2 defend basically every contract on the team so I’ll let him do that. The young guns look good! Here’s to another 9 seed!

Zeller outplayed Embiid head to head last night, so there is that. I'll defend Zeller's and MKG's contracts, and to an extent Marvin's, but will not defend Batum, Biyombo, or Rozier.

I’m trying to find a silver lining.

At least when most of these overpaid terrible contracts come off the books we’ll have plenty of room to sign...our next batch of overpaid terrible contracts!

Remind me the last time a top quality FA chose to play in Charlotte?

Remind me the last time you posted something useful or informative on this thread.

Remind me the last time a top quality FA chose to play in Charlotte?

Did you even read what I wrote in that paragraph?

Or did you see name and reflexively write that, as is MO? Typical......

There are some here who think Charlotte is a destination. I was adding to your post.

I wouldn't be surprised if players and agents think Charlotte is a place where mediocre players will get grossly overpaid.

Zeller outplayed Embiid head to head last night, so there is that. I'll defend Zeller's and MKG's contracts, and to an extent Marvin's, but will not defend Batum, Biyombo, or Rozier.

because he scored more? or when they actually matched up? wasn't horford generally guarding zeller?

zeller was +2 in 27 min, embiid +11 in 26 min

embiid had more rebounds, blocks, steals, and fewer fouls too

zeller did play well though, very efficient

Zeller played 27 minutes, had 24 points on 10-13 with 7 rebs and 1 stl.
Embiid played 26 minutes, had 18 points on 6-10 with 9 rebs, 3 assts, 2 stls, 2 blocks.

Zeller, who is 26 years old, makes $14.4 this year and $15.4 next year.
Embiid, who is 25 years old, makes $27.5 this year and $29.5 next year, and it escalates to $33.6 in 22-23.

Obviously it is the smallest of sample sizes, but Zeller's contract is neither bad nor the problem.

ETA: Not to mention, since Embiid was drafted, Zeller has played in 288 games whereas Embiid has played in 164 games.

Last edited:
Zeller played 27 minutes, had 24 points on 10-13 with 7 rebs and 1 stl.
Embiid played 26 minutes, had 18 points on 6-10 with 9 rebs, 3 assts, 2 stls, 2 blocks.

Zeller, who is 26 years old, makes $14.4 this year and $15.4 next year.
Embiid, who is 25 years old, makes $27.5 this year and $29.5 next year, and it escalates to $33.6 in 22-23.

Obviously it is the smallest of sample sizes, but Zeller's contract is neither bad nor the problem.

ETA: Not to mention, since Embiid was drafted, Zeller has played in 288 games whereas Embiid has played in 164 games.

In those 288 games, Zeller has 2,595 points, 1,820 rebounds, 415 assists, and 235 blocks.

In his 164 games, Embiid has 3,967 points, 1,875 rebounds, 517 assists, and 319 blocks.

Given their relative contract values, I would expect Embiid's numbers to be double over that span, but they aren't close to that.

Nobody, myself included, is going argue that Zeller is better than Embiid. But from a contract standpoint Zeller's contract is fine.

Last night was pretty much the perfect game for this season. All the young guys played extremely hard the full game, Monk went for 20/8/5, Rozier had 33, Miles and PJ and Graham all played reasonably well, but we still lost to Memphis on a great shot by Ja Morant at the buzzer to preserve our hopeful draft status. The young core is really fun to watch and play hard all game despite not having a ton of manpower.

There is going to be a lot of pressure to hit a home run on this draft pick, but if we can get a top tier player the other young pieces will be in place around him and also with a shit ton of cap room over the next two offseasons. Given how the last two drafts have gone, I'm cautiously optimistic that they could actually make a good selection.

Back