Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Official 2019-2020 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Uptown Monk

Process years were fun. Embrace it!

Expanding Mod Powers
    Quote Originally Posted by 2&2 Slider To Leyritz View Post
    Last night was pretty much the perfect game for this season. All the young guys played extremely hard the full game, Monk went for 20/8/5, Rozier had 33, Miles and PJ and Graham all played reasonably well, but we still lost to Memphis on a great shot by Ja Morant at the buzzer to preserve our hopeful draft status. The young core is really fun to watch and play hard all game despite not having a ton of manpower.

There is going to be a lot of pressure to hit a home run on this draft pick, but if we can get a top tier player the other young pieces will be in place around him and also with a shit ton of cap room over the next two offseasons. Given how the last two drafts have gone, I'm cautiously optimistic that they could actually make a good selection.
    Remind me the last time a top quality FA chose to play in Charlotte?

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Remind me the last time a top quality FA chose to play in Charlotte?
    Big Al

Hayward wanted to as well but Jazz matched

Lance Stephenson was a pretty hot signing for about one game. It was all downhill after that banked in 3.

https://nesn.com/2019/11/kemba-walke...eltics-career/

"The Boston Celtics point guard is enjoying the longest winning streak of his NBA career, despite being just 10 games into his tenure with the team, according to SiriusXM NBA Radioís Justin Termine. The Celtics have reeled off nine consecutive victories, two more than the longest streak Walker had amassed during his Charlotte Hornets career, which spanned eight seasons and 605 games."

sad

THE quintessential dwarf palmab03's Avatar
    I bet Zeller wonít cry after losing in the playoffs like that fraud Embiid
    just drivin' round in John Voight's car

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Process years were fun. Embrace it!
    Hopefully we won't match the Sixers' 90+% failure rate on the draft picks during that time, but luckily I think we've already assured ourselves of surpassing that via 2 drafts.

Solid write-up on Devonte Graham's early season performance in The Ringer's article on early surprises:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/1...-nba-surprises

Perhaps the most notable line:

Five players rank in the top 10 in the NBA in both total assists and total 3-point makes: Harden, Lillard, Trae Young, Kyrie Irving ... and Graham. And heís putting that valuable pair together efficiently, drilling his triples at a 42.2 percent clip while posting a 2.58-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio that ranks 11th best among players who use at least 20 percent of their teamís offensive possessions.

Fantastic comeback capped by a buzzerbeater by Monk from a few feet behind the 3pt line. One of the most fun games at the Hive in years, this team is really fun to watch. Graham with another double double with 18 and 10, Monk had 19, Rozier I think 18. Cody Martin was fantastic again, all over the floor for hustle plays and played great D on multiple positions. 4th quarter lineup for the comeback and win was a little surprising - Graham, Monk, Martin, Marvin, Zeller. Bridges and Washington both had meh nights, so it was good to see the rest of the team rise up around them.