• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-2021 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Welcome to the LaGordo Era

I know. RJ's brain is pure shit. Somebody tell him Angie Harmon and Brooklyn Decker live in Charlotte and carry on successful acting careers.

I know. RJ's brain is pure shit. Somebody tell him Angie Harmon and Brooklyn Decker live in Charlotte and carry on successful acting careers.

And Angie's and Jason Sehorn's kids go to HS at Steph's alma mater !

It's happening!!!!!

OMG, a couple of actors live in Charlotte. That really changes things. Remind me again how many weekly network or major company TV shows are produced in Charlotte? Remind how many major production companies (other than the late Roger Korman's low budget) are in Charlotte?

Hell, Marlon Brando lived in Tahiti, did that make it easy to produce there?

Biff knows as little about the entertainment business as he does about having any class or intelligence.

It has been my MO for years? Lol did you really just write that?

The warriors were dog shit for years until they stumbled into Steph and Klay and Draymond.

Hornets are poorly run by MJ, have whiffed or been unlucky on their few top picks and have been in that 8-10 slot purgatory for years where it’s hard to make a leap. No argument there. But then you go weirdly further and use alternative facts and opinions to argue that Charlotte is like structurally incapable of changing.

This year the hornets may win 15 games but they finally have some decent young players (although directionless) and some huge expiring contracts coming up. Not inconceivable that they can make a jump after this.

It has been my MO for years? Lol did you really just write that?

The warriors were dog shit for years until they stumbled into Steph and Klay and Draymond.

Hornets are poorly run by MJ, have whiffed or been unlucky on their few top picks and have been in that 8-10 slot purgatory for years where it’s hard to make a leap. No argument there. But then you go weirdly further and use alternative facts and opinions to argue that Charlotte is like structurally incapable of changing.

This year the hornets may win 15 games but they finally have some decent young players (although directionless) and some huge expiring contracts coming up. Not inconceivable that they can make a jump after this.

The red section contradicts the blue section as MJ won't be selling the team which makes structural change unlikely. He was a terrible executive in DC and apparently hasn't learned anything in the interim. These aren't "alternative facts".

As to being your MO, you see my name and froth at the mouth as is evidenced by your own self-contradiction above.

OMG, a couple of actors live in Charlotte. That really changes things. Remind me again how many weekly network or major company TV shows are produced in Charlotte? Remind how many major production companies (other than the late Roger Korman's low budget) are in Charlotte?

Hell, Marlon Brando lived in Tahiti, did that make it easy to produce there?

Biff knows as little about the entertainment business as he does about having any class or intelligence.

Just sayin' it's not as hard or impossible as you make it sound. The Currys can do whatever they want and do it on their own terms. They don't have to go sit on a casting couch and get raped by Weinstein or meet with your mentor Jim Hinton in hopes of getting on board with Robert Evans ! The world has passed you by.

Good road win last night at the Kings, who are winless but at least had playoff hopes before the season started. Though we had some lapses, it was the best all around game so far.

PJ Washington led the way with 23 and 8 on 10-13 shooting. He is already really, really good 5 games into his rookie year, it is exciting to think about how much a big man like him can develop. Even from the first game to now, he has gone from just spot-up shooting to starting to get more comfortable in the post, handling the ball, and getting to the basket. To me he plays kind of stiff, but he is definitely effective. He and Bridges should be an exceptional frontcourt of the future. Bridges had 17 last night, and his defense is what has improved the most this season. After guarding Lebron and Kawhi reasonably well on back to back nights, he pretty much shut down whoever he had one on one in this game.

Just as exciting is that it was Monk's second strong game in a row, he finished with 18 and played solid on both sides of the ball, after he had scored 15 against the Clippers. Zeller had 12 and 15, Graham had 12 and 9. Rozier had 22 but finished at -5, he is somewhat solid but also does some really stupid things. It is tough not to compare him to Kemba, but that is the natural reaction even though they aren't in the same stratosphere.

We roll into the Warriors shitshow on Saturday, it would be amazing if we could go 2-2 on this California road trip.

Would love to see Monk get the opportunities Bacon has gotten this year. Bacon tops out as a 7-8th man and we’re giving him prime ISO Joe opportunities

Agreed, and I think Monk's defense so far this season has been better than Bacon's. The ball movement just screeches to a halt when Bacon gets it; when he and Rozier are on the floor together it is out the window.

When Monk played at Kentucky he seemed to be an all or nothing player. If he hits his first shots he could go off and light up an opponent. If he misses, get him off the court. This seemed true game to game and within game. Never knew what you would get. Get him off the bench 3-4 times a game and allocate minutes accordingly. He liked late game appearances.

Got a really bad win last night against an awful Warriors G-League team. I'm really not sure what to make of this. We got a road win which I guess is good for a young team, but looked awful doing it. Bad shot selection, zero ball movement, lack of effort, and both Bacon and Rozier hijacking the offense for extended periods of time. The only reason we won is because the Warriors have very few NBA-caliber players given all of their injuries. If either Draymond or Deangelo Russell plays then we lose by double digits.

There were minimal bright spots. Monk played well again on both ends, and Marvin hit some clutch shots off the bench. I hate to say it as it likely means more PT, but we won this game in the last minute solely because of Cody Martin's defense, it was amazing. First he played great one on one defense to deny a drive to the basket by a bigger guy (I don't know who it was as I knew none of the Warriors players from college ball since I don't watch college basketball any more, thanks Wellman). Then he was guarding the inbounds pass and managed to slap the pass back into/off the passer and out of bounds, so the Hornets got the ball. Then, he got an offensive rebound on a missed free throw by Rozier and hit both free throws to seal the win. Dude played his balls off in what was his only real action of the game, have to give him credit for that.

Overall, finished the California road trip at 2-2 to improve to 3-3 overall. I thought we'd go 0-4 on this trip, so not bad.

Yeah, wake up to a road win at the Warriors! (checks Warriors starting five for the game.......um, I guess that was a an actual NBA team we played last night).

I'll take any win at this point, there have been far too many times over the years when the Hornets lost a game inexplicably as solid favorites that came back to bite them in the tail later in the year. Not that I expect to be battling for a playoff spot this year, but you never know.

I'm going to Kemba's homecoming on Thursday night.

Should be a fun game and I would expect that Kemba will get the royal treatment. When Al Jefferson came back a few years ago they had a nice tribute for him, so I expect Kemba's to be significantly better.

NBA can flex some games in now, just got to keep winning!

Crazy OT win last night after being down by 19 against the Pacers, including being down by 11 in the 4th. Washington got kicked in the nads and was in the locker room for most of the second half after scoring 16 on solid play. From that point Borrego did not sub and rolled with the same strange lineup through most of the 4th and the entire overtime - Graham, Rozier, Cody Martin Graduates, Bridges, and Biyombo. Graham scored a career high 35 and got to the rim at will. Rozier was a little wild, but scored 22 and played tough D. Biyombo was a beast on the offensive glass.

And Cody Martin Graduates, though I ripped him and his brother after that TWolves game, is fucking ridiculous on D and the glass. After single-handedly winning the Warriors game the other night in about a 2 minute stretch of defense, dude played 33 minutes last night with 0 points (0-2), but 11 rebounds and 3 assists and is an attack dog on D, for a +27. He is like a more athletic, better defensive, but worse offensive, MKG, if that is even possible. He is on the floor after every loose ball no matter where it is. Kind of like when Tony Allen came into the league. He gets to the rim pretty easily but looks super nervous, I think he'll start converting pretty soon with more minutes. Borrego said in the post game presser that he just couldn't take him out of the game as he covers up for so many other mistakes. We'll see how that plays out over the next few weeks.

So Kemba rolls into town tomorrow, for what I think everyone expected would be a somber send-off. But I'll admit, though they absolutely suck at various times throughout every game, this team is damn fun to watch. And Devonte Graham, while not exactly an All-Star just yet, has shown he is a legit NBA starter at PG with an extremely bright future. And the team seems to play best when he and Rozier are on the floor together as both can create their own shot and Devonte is a better distributor. I thought that it might be too small of a backcourt, but Rozier plays D much bigger than his size, and Devonte is a strong defender as well.

Back