• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-2021 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Welcome to the LaGordo Era

You thought that was a good game? I tuned in to the overtimes and that was some of the worst basketball that I’ve watched since I stopped watching Wake.

Both teams were gassed, they had been playing their asses off for a full game and 2 OTs. Plus the Trae Young chuck and duck Hardenesque style is generally not aesthetically appealing and leads to some strange looking defenses.

Yes that is literally their goal and current strategy. Develop their young players and have them gain legitimate NBA experience in competitive games, but also get a reasonably high draft pick that they hopefully hit on similar to their last 6-8 picks. If they were trying to win they would be playing Batum and wouldn't have shelved/let go Marvin Williams and MKG. Those guys are, currently, demonstrably better players than several of those who are currently getting heavy minutes, but given their ages the upside and development of the young guys is what makes sense. And unlike The Process, I don't see them trading many of these young guys away, I think they all project to be good enough players to fit the long-range plan.

Great comeback win last night after being down 20 on the road in Miami. Over the last week and half we've beaten the Raptors (road), Rockets, and Heat (road), with close losses to the Bucks, Nuggets, and Hawks (road 2OT). Can't ask for much more than that from this young team, especially without Monk.

Devonte had 30 again last night including 8-11 from 3, Caleb Martin had 19/7/3, PJ had 17/7, Bridges had 16/8. Great way to end the season if they don't come back with super momentum going into next year, if they do play again this season I'd love to see what these guys work on during the break. Even from the beginning of the season to now, Devonte has gotten much better at his midrange floater, so it is tough for defenses to really pressure him out on the 3pt line.

LOL.

So Malik Monk was reinstated from a suspension that nobody really knew about for cocaine use.

Tough to know what to do with him as this was the last year of his contract. The way he was playing before the suspension the rookie extension would be a solid move. However, cocaine is a helluva drug, so can he consistently play like that without it and/or avoid further suspension?

Official 2019-2020 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Strong End to the Suspended Season

1st time since 1992 we improved our draft position in the lottery....and we have been in the playoffs A LOT! Excited about #3.

Staggering hadn't moved up since '92. I remember hearing on the radio we got the #2 pick and as a young fan just assuming we'd always be given super high picks, not so much

I thought we moved up the year we drafted Baron Davis but damn it was still about time we had a little luck in this lottery

Edwards and Wiseman have to be the first two picks, right.

Big pool of kids available a #3 with no obvious pick. We could get another MKG or Okafor type.

Edwards and Wiseman have to be the first two picks, right.

Big pool of kids available a #3 with no obvious pick. We could get another MKG or Okafor type.

At the end of the lottery show, the main ESPN mock draft dude posted that Wiseman would go to the Hornets. Hope he is right.

Back