• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-2021 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Welcome to the LaGordo Era

ugh. Ball is the guy I did not want. Hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it with Ball.

didn't like the pick but outside of trading up or down that prob has to be the pick. some smart nba dudes love lamelo, guys at draftexpress/espn now, nate duncan are high on him

seems high ceiling, low floor

Taking a high ceiling, low floor player makes sense in a draft where it seems every player has a low floor.

i think wiseman is pretty safe, high floor and high ceiling and that’s who i was pulling for but outside of that... yeah

Yeah. I agree. A guy like Wiseman will be around for awhile.

Ball at the very least puts asses in seats whenever shit normalizes. Great pick.

Ball at the very least puts asses in seats whenever shit normalizes. Great pick.

Yeah, that probably had something to do with the pick. Give me Wiseman over Lavar's third kid any day.

Strong title change on the NBA thread, btw. I'm sure 2n2 is thrilled with the pick.

Last edited:
So haven't been keeping up with this stuff of late.

Am I supposed to be excited about LaMelo, or nah?

Overall a solid draft based on who was available when they picked, but we'll see how LaMelo pans out. Hopefully Borrego can reign him in and improve his shot. At a minimum, he should get Devonte a lot of decent shots. A lineup of LaMelo, Graham, Monk, Bridges, and PJ will be really fun to watch, though they would likely get lit up defensively.

I like the Vernon Carey pick at #32. Despite the recent devaluation of traditional centers, everyone other than the Warriors still needs one to win. The Lakers didn't win because AD was jacking 3s, they won because when they were in trouble he got his ass under the basket. Especially against second units, a low post center is still extremely valuable during actual game play.

I'm still skeptical, but it feels like you had to take him at #3 based on who went #1 and #2. Not sure we will know much after one year, or even 2.

He’s already been with the franchise longer than Kobe, so there’s that.

I'm still skeptical, but it feels like you had to take him at #3 based on who went #1 and #2. Not sure we will know much after one year, or even 2.

The reasonable take.

CBS Sports loves our draft:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...-with-highest-marks-knicks-make-shrewd-moves/

I'm fine with the Ball pick. Go big or go home. Players always come with some risk, and gambling on him beats gambling on a potential glue guy that doesn't even pan out (see our long list of middling draft picks).

Of course, I also thought we should have gambled on Nerlens Noel years back, so what do I know.

Last edited:
That mustache suckered them in. You know how MJ loves a weird mustache.

Clicking on the Hornets thread for the first time ever to simply say - lol. GJGE with the Hayward signing. You think the contracts sucks now on day 1? Wait'll you see 34 year old Gordo. He's good at video games at least.

Yeah it’s like Calvin (from & Hobbes fame) said, “Live and don’t learn that’s my motto”

Honestly I think all Jordan really ever wants for the franchise is to contend for a playoff spot and not contend for the, you know, actual championship

i think we all agree the hayward signing is objectively bad, and i think it was made worse by the decision to do it by using the waive and stretch on batum. they could've offered boston something in a sign and trade, or shipped batum with a protected pick, or waive and streched zeller instead.

but whats done is done. so are the hornets a playoff team with lamelo, rozier, devonte, hayward, pj, miles, zeller, monk and whichever of the FAs return? definitely need another 5 with zeller's injury history. the hawks have seriously upgraded their roster, i think it will be tough to even get the 8 seed. wouldn't expect too much from rookie lamelo... need hayward to have a fully healthy season, devonte to play just as well as last year, and maybe pj make a 2nd year jump from a solid rookie campaign

Back