• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-2021 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Welcome to the LaGordo Era

Morrison with a 3, MKG with a 2. Stellar drafting.

Both of those were head scratchers. MKG draft was tough, as I recall there was no obvious choice after the eyebrow. But MKG felt like more of a late first round pick than a #2 given his limited offensive skills. Morrison could shoot, but he screamed potential bust.

I just don't see drafting LeMelo Ball with one of the first 3 picks as things seem to indicate. There are just so many red flags and unknowns there plus his older brother kind of sucks. Could be wrong, but I hope someone other than the hornets pick Ball.

there really weren't many good players in the 2012 draft, although notably Lillard went later.

I just don't see drafting LeMelo Ball with one of the first 3 picks as things seem to indicate. There are just so many red flags and unknowns there plus his older brother kind of sucks. Could be wrong, but I hope someone other than the hornets pick Ball.

Lonzo would be starting on the Hornets

lonzo is pretty good and still young. his dad sucks but lamelo is supposed to be better by all accounts. he will actually likely be gone within the first 2 picks. if he were to fall to us he would technically be the correct pick

pulling for Edwards bc exciting 2 guards are the most fun but it will probably Wiseman. kind of boring but would definitely be happy with the pick seeing as how the hornets should be picking 8

any thoughts on who the Hornets are going to take? I don't want Ball, but am not familiar enough with the other options to really know who I would prefer.

Most mocks I see have the USC “big” since it’s assumed we want size and would select him if Wiseman goes 1 or 2. I can’t say at all I have great knowledge of any of these prospects but seems like Ball would not be the kind of player to invest in - keep riding with Graham whose had to prove himself than someone with a lot of hype

The ideal scenario would be Ball goes first so that we don't even have to entertain the idea of him, then we get whoever is left of Wiseman or Edwards. I'd be fine with either of those two but slightly prefer Wiseman. I don't see the appeal of Ball at all: a tall playmaker, okay great, but who can't shoot, doesn't play D, and is an off the court circus. His upside is Lonzo, but I'm sticking with Devonte over Lonzo every day. I'd take him with pick #32, but no way in hell with pick #3.

I also don't see it with the USC guy. A 6'9" defensive center who can't shoot outside 3 feet, basically Biyombo 2.0. Like Biz he may be a nice player who has a long, decent career, but with the #3 pick you've got to take the risk for someone with potential All-Star upside.

So hopefully it is Wiseman or Edwards. Edwards gives potential high volume scoring, which we definitely need. Plus rebounding and hopeful defense from the SG spot. Wiseman gives super size and athleticism at the 5, plus the ability to put the ball on the floor. Either of them would fit nicely with the young nucleus already in place, with some good potential upside.

The ringer mock draft had us taking the USC guy, so I was trying to drink the kool-aid, but you aren't helping. I might be fine trading down to the back half of the top 10 if Wiseman and Edwards are gone.

Yeah if Edwards and Wiseman are gone I can't see taking the USC guy there. Either trade down with someone (Knicks) who wants Ball, or take him in that spot understanding that he has a >75% chance of being a complete disaster but hope to hit on the 25% and maybe get some primetime TV games out of it.

Morrison with a 3, MKG with a 2. Stellar drafting.

Charlotte's draft history is underwhelming in general. Except for the players that got drafted & traded on draft night (Kobe-Tobias Harris-Gilgeous/Alexander)

Watching some of the draft previews last night makes me like picking Ball even less. He clearly cares more about fashion and being a celebrity more than improving his game, he can't string a coherent sentence together (unlike Edwards and Wiseman) so I don't know how he becomes the face of a franchise, and he takes some of the worst shots I've ever seen. He brags about playing on a 10-foot hoop at 3 years old like it is a good thing - hey dipshit, did you ever consider that is the reason why you shoot your jumpshot from your schlong and not over your head, because you shoot it like a little kid who can't get the ball to the rim yet? Just a complete dumbass.

We've spent the last 7 years lamenting using the #2 pick on a guy with one of the fugliest jumpers in the history of basketball, and we want to voluntarily repeat that exact same scenario with the #3 pick?

If you're going to say the Hornets havent drafted will since Kobe (1996) you might as well point out that they drafted very well pre-Kobe.

I don't want any part of Ball or Edwards in Charlotte. Give me Wiseman, or if he's gone (likely), trade out with someone who wants Ball. He would be such a bad fit with Rozier and Graham. If they can trade down for a defensive, rim rolling big, that'd be ideal.

Back