• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

This week has nothing else to talk about. There's also no rush to do it this weekend and gives us time to negotiate with a replacement.

I am hoping for the favorite approach of DC politicians - a Friday afternoon announcement when folks are focused on more pleasurable things.. We were talking this morning about what ESPN is going to do over the next few weeks. My guess is NFL draft speculation 24/7.

Good! At least people will be talking about Wake in March again.

They'd probably replay every Kansas game in the 1988 NCAA Tournament and throw in a few pre-[Redacted] Wake games too.

This week has nothing else to talk about. There's also no rush to do it this weekend and gives us time to negotiate with a replacement.

They'd probably replay every Kansas game in the 1988 NCAA Tournament and throw in a few pre-[Redacted] Wake games too.

It's a given that they'd work in the 2018-19 game between Wake and Duke just to have more Zion mentions.

Let's be serious, the fact that Manning is a good guy means that the news coverage of his firing would focus instead on his mediocre tenure as coach and his terrible record at wake. Which is good because that's why we're firing him.

Let's be serious, the fact that Manning is a good guy means that the news coverage of his firing would focus instead on his mediocre tenure as coach and his terrible record at wake. Which is good because that's why we're firing him.
True. I think that the coverage would likely strike a tone of, "tsk tsk, it's a shame it ended this way, he was such an inspiration. Now, on to other news."
The fact he's got a dogshit record will not be overlooked, no matter how much he's respected. No to mention the fact we gave him six damn years for him to NOT turn it out this way.
Fire his ass. Just rip the bandage off and get it over with.

Outside of OG Boards, literally nobody will care when we fire Danny Manning.

Last edited:
Outside of OG Boards, literally nobody will care when we fire Danny Manning.

Agree. ESPN may try to make people care by giving it a bit of extra coverage in the wake of nothing to talk about, but his record will be attached to every story and people will get it. Then just forget about it.

Then if we announce a nice solid hire, the reaction will be, “Good for Wake Forest. I always liked that little school.”

Agree. ESPN may try to make people care by giving it a bit of extra coverage in the wake of nothing to talk about, but his record will be attached to every story and people will get it. Then just forget about it.

Then if we announce a nice solid hire, the reaction will be, “Good for Wake Forest. I always liked that little school.”

And if he make a home run hire (i.e Beilein or Matta), the sports world will be talking.

Coaching Changes
@CoachingChanges

12h

To all the AD's and SID's using the standard playbook and waiting on a more favorable media cycle to make major announcements, you need to accept that there ain't no favorable media cycles for the foreseeable future, so just go ahead and make your announcements!

They are joining the WAC in July.

Does Pitino have a show cause notice?

Back