• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake/VT 11/9 - 3:30 Kickoff, ACC Network

Good post, Creamy.

Do posters really think that most of us don't realize the general Talent issues we have compared to compete in a conference with a bunch of large Public Schools? It's been a brutal several years being a wake fan. Shouldn't we be allowed a little irrational exuberance when our team is 7 and 1 and ranked in the top 20? I'll never get the idea of somebody gleefully coming over here being awake fan and telling everybody I told you so because we lost a game in disappointing passion.

The huge advantage we had this year was our quarterback and receiver play and now two of our best receivers are injured so yeah that's going to affect our performance.

Agreed. I think most rational folks realize that Wake's schedule has been fairly soft and we've been lucky to be on the good side of things and I think a lot of the national folks see that as well. Personally, I enjoy the shit out of the Deacs being ranked and at this point, 7-2 is damn fine by me. I don't give a shit how bad the ACC is, everyone has the same opportunity to win the damn thing. Why not the Deacs?

Wake is 7-2 in Football. Fan excitement is natural given the season we’ve had. Not many teams were going to beat the Hokies on Bud Foster night. I was at the game and it was hands down the most electric atmosphere I’ve ever witnessed. I’ve been to most SEC stadiums and been to Clemson a handful of times.

Our loss yesterday doesn’t take away from the fact we are having a great season by Wake Forest standards.

Agree

Virginia Tech as a "school" and their fans both really suck. Just imagine a giant Cracker Barrel....Lane Stadium.

You do know that Wake has a joint school of Biomechanical Engineering with VT, right? As RJKarl says (and I can't believe I'm quoting him), don't let the facts get in the way.

Hartman with the four touchdowns in six minutes against Louisville but we won’t make a change because winning doesn’t matter and Clawson glad to go bowling again

If you ever do this shit again, I’m going to find you and nail thumbtacks into your cranium.

Bunch of folks will say the confusion all week with Sam going to start and switching to Jamie at the last minute confused the guys but Clawson will say these guys are mature and that did not contribute to the loss.

Thumbtacks into your temples will feel good.

Wake is 7-2 in Football. Fan excitement is natural given the season we’ve had. Not many teams were going to beat the Hokies on Bud Foster night. I was at the game and it was hands down the most electric atmosphere I’ve ever witnessed. I’ve been to most SEC stadiums and been to Clemson a handful of times.

Our loss yesterday doesn’t take away from the fact we are having a great season by Wake Forest standards.

Yep. Still a lot to play for. The "state championship" is still in play. A chance at a 10 win season is still in play along with the chance of playing in the Orange bowl albeit that does seem a lot less likely now. We just need a respectable loss to Clemson and then beat Duke and cuse quite handily and then see what happens.

We have a winner. Absolutely pathetic to quit at the end.

Na game was way over by then. Best to rest players and especially not get Jamie hurt.

Clawson has a program to manage for the long term. He’s playing chess, y’all playing checkers.

My cardio time review of the game:

Dang, Bud Foster is some sort of defensive genius if he is the only coach to figure out that pressure up the middle really hampers the long mesh point of our RPO. Also, Sage makes Jamie look so much better.

Dang, Bud Foster is some sort of defensive genius if he is the only coach to figure out that pressure up the middle really hampers the long mesh point of our RPO. Also, Sage makes Jamie look so much better.

A lot of pressure up the middle defeats most offenses. When the center and or guard has been pushed back into the quarterback, or defensive linemen get past the O-line blockers, bad things happen to any offense.

He beat the 2014 championship OSU team by implementing the Bear defense and blitzing on almost every down. OSU was starting a young JT Barrett and couldn't do anything at all. That VT team was AWFUL (the same team as the 0-0 game). That same OSU team, albeit better and more seasoned, scored 59 on Wisconsin, 42 on Bama, and 42 on Oregon. Foster will be irreplaceable at VT.

A lot of pressure up the middle defeats most offenses. When the center and or guard has been pushed back into the quarterback, or defensive linemen get past the O-line blockers, bad things happen to any offense.

And this opens up the middle, where Newman struggles completing passes to the TE's, and crossing routes........it's like the DC's from other schools have watched tape on him or something.

He beat the 2014 championship OSU team by implementing the Bear defense and blitzing on almost every down. OSU was starting a young JT Barrett and couldn't do anything at all. That VT team was AWFUL (the same team as the 0-0 game). That same OSU team, albeit better and more seasoned, scored 59 on Wisconsin, 42 on Bama, and 42 on Oregon. Foster will be irreplaceable at VT.

And Foster is helped immensely when VT's offense keeps his defense off the field for long stretches. Like Wake, VT doesn't have the depth of a top tier team.

Back