• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake/VT 11/9 - 3:30 Kickoff, ACC Network

Not that I expect this week to be easy but VPI is 2-5 at home against P5 schools since the start of last year.

If it's only on ACC Network that means every VT fan in VA with Comcast (the predominant provider by far) can't even watch it. Comcast carries teh Big Ten and SEC Networks but refuses to bring on the ACC. I guess we'll have to suffer through another American Conference battle this week at 3;30 watching Cincinnati, Memphis or Temple play instead of Wake vs VT on ESPN2..

Les tweeted there are no changes to the depth chart for this weekend.

Would also mean QB is listed as Jamie OR Sam. Would be weird.

If it's only on ACC Network that means every VT fan in VA with Comcast (the predominant provider by far) can't even watch it. Comcast carries teh Big Ten and SEC Networks but refuses to bring on the ACC. I guess we'll have to suffer through another American Conference battle this week at 3;30 watching Cincinnati, Memphis or Temple play instead of Wake vs VT on ESPN2..

Spectrum also has ignored what its VA customers want, so far. We're hoping that changes by the end of the year but there's little reason for optimism.

Do they not get CBS either? Because there is a pretty good backup game to watch at 3:30.

I have never been to Lane Staium but have heard their fans are nasty and much like WV fans. When I do travel to away games, I like to stay in the Wake sections.

I have never been to Lane Staium but have heard their fans are nasty and much like WV fans. When I do travel to away games, I like to stay in the Wake sections.
I went to the game in 2010 (we lost by 30 or so). Didn't have any issues and most fans were friendly. Of course, we were no threat to win that day and that usually changes things with some.

I went to the game in 2010 (we lost by 30 or so). Didn't have any issues and most fans were friendly. Of course, we were no threat to win that day and that usually changes things with some fans.

I went to the game in 2010 (we lost by 30 or so). Didn't have any issues and most fans were friendly. Of course, we were no threat to win that day and that usually changes things with some fans.

I was at that game as well and everyone was pretty pleasant. Had one fan tell me he hoped I enjoyed my experience at Lane and another apologize for how bad they beat us. Fully expecting a less than warm welcome with so much at stake for them and honoring Bud. If our offense rolls and embarrasses Bud, leaving the stadium could be interesting.

The perception of VT as simply an ag school is way outdated. The vast majority of the undergrad student body are from the DC suburbs, Richmond, and Tidewater. Not saying there aren't suburban rednecks but they are a definite minority.

Many Tech fans don’t recognize LOWF. A loss to Wake is extremely embarrassing for them, even when we have a 7-1 ranked program.

The perception of VT as simply an ag school is way outdated. The vast majority of the undergrad student body are from the DC suburbs, Richmond, and Tidewater. Not saying there aren't suburban rednecks but they are a definite minority.

Have you ever encountered Maryland fans ?

Back