• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake/VT 11/9 - 3:30 Kickoff, ACC Network

The perception of VT as simply an ag school is way outdated. The vast majority of the undergrad student body are from the DC suburbs, Richmond, and Tidewater. Not saying there aren't suburban rednecks but they are a definite minority.

The students will be fine for the most part. It’s the SW Virginia local rednecks who can be nasty.

The students will be fine for the most part. It’s the SW Virginia local rednecks who can be nasty.

My wife is from SW Virginia. She’s definitely not a redneck.

In all of my many years of attending WFU football games, I have witnessed one post game fight between fans. In 2004, VT played at Groves in one of its first ACC games and the first game vs WF since 1984. They brought a large, rowdy and loud fan base. After the 17-10 win by VT, I was at the old Corbins when a group of enebriated VT fans became abusive toward a few WF fans. A clean cut frat boy dressed in a white button down and a tie (KA?) was among the WF group, and he took exception to the verbal abuse. He approached a VT loudmouth, who took a swing at him. Big mistake. The WF kid proceeded to beat the everlasting sh#t out of the Hokie. Blood, glass and chairs flew everywhere and the WF kid fled the scene after he had taken care of business. Sometimes, people can be tougher than they appear.

that 06 game was awful because there were tons of VT fans with fake tix to the student section. we had to stand on the bleachers because it was so crowded. thankfully our crackerjack event staff was on it...

Last edited:
that 04 game was awful because there were tons of VT fans with fake tix to the student section. we had to stand on the bleachers because it was so crowded. thankfully our crackerjack event staff was on it...

That was the '06 game. Lots of fights in/around the student section. One of my buddies was hammered and didn't think he could get through the crowds to the bathrooms, so he pissed in a couple empty Natty Light cans. Sprayed all over the Hokies in front of our group.

He’s right.

Right that it hurts? Hurts Hokies, FSU and Miami that others including WF and Clemson are doing better? Good. Let the others replace the so called upper tier. Change is hard for some, good for others.

That was the '06 game. Lots of fights in/around the student section. One of my buddies was hammered and didn't think he could get through the crowds to the bathrooms, so he pissed in a couple empty Natty Light cans. Sprayed all over the Hokies in front of our group.

yep, duh. my bad. it was the last home game I went to as a student.

that 04 game sucked too.

Well, those are some pretty sick numbers from that VT quarterback, Hooker. He plays and they beat Notre Dame, right?

So, we are going into Blacksburg and winning --- forget Clemson --- this game is going to be a freaking challenge on Bud Foster day.

The only thing NC State did well is they blitzed and absolutely blew up the slow developing RPO on 2-3 occasions. I am sure Clawson is instructing Newman to abuse that second string VT cornerback in the FIRST half, while the starter sits out. That is our ticket to a win - go deep on that dude.

It should be sunny, no wind, but about 21 degrees overnight, then 45 at kickoff. Our wide receivers need to practice in a giant freezer this week, and also get really loose and warmed up for the kickoff - see starting VT cornerback not playing in the first half.

If I was nervous about NCSU, this one has me quadruple nervous.

😂 LMAO

Well, those are some pretty sick numbers from that VT quarterback, Hooker. He plays and they beat Notre Dame, right?

So, we are going into Blacksburg and winning --- forget Clemson --- this game is going to be a freaking challenge on Bud Foster day.

The only thing NC State did well is they blitzed and absolutely blew up the slow developing RPO on 2-3 occasions. I am sure Clawson is instructing Newman to abuse that second string VT cornerback in the FIRST half, while the starter sits out. That is our ticket to a win - go deep on that dude.

It should be sunny, no wind, but about 21 degrees overnight, then 45 at kickoff. Our wide receivers need to practice in a giant freezer this week, and also get really loose and warmed up for the kickoff - see starting VT cornerback not playing in the first half.

If I was nervous about NCSU, this one has me quadruple nervous.

Well, without a fumble 6 on the one yard line with 20 seconds left in the half and an interception on the 3 yard line, ND wins by 20+.

Grove wasn’t even trying to win that ‘06 game since it didn’t matter for the ACCCG — all game down to Maryland in the final week

Travo Woods has a rough game in his only ever start

Back