• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake/VT 11/9 - 3:30 Kickoff, ACC Network

Right that it hurts? Hurts Hokies, FSU and Miami that others including WF and Clemson are doing better? Good. Let the others replace the so called upper tier. Change is hard for some, good for others.

No it hurts that UNC is listed as a weaker team. Hurts the tarhole a**holes most of all and I couldn't be happier.

The media and world love fest for FSU, VT and Miami is old, tired, lazy and boring. Time for new blood. Go Deacs!

The last comment on this article brings up a point to be considered. The Deacs are playing an away game on grass. Do the Deacs have the ability to practice on grass? How do the surfaces differ and effect performance?

They have about half of a grass field right now to practice on -- the other half has been a construction zone for the past two years or so while the Sutton and Shah buildings have been built. I imagine maybe by the spring, definitely by fall camp, they'll have that as a full field.

I won't pretend to know exact differences for performance (I didn't go to State). Feel like it's general rule that turf makes players faster, but shit, that might be a notion from the early 2000s that doesn't hold much water anymore.

Noticed in a video Wake posted yesterday; We were blasting Enter Sandman during stretches.

WF sold the top ~20 rows of the student 'section' to the public. That decision was made before it was conceivable that WF students would fill that area.

It created a ton of anger and confusion. ... and a decade later, WF folks are still calling VT people toothless idiots over it. (Queue pretentious joke about about that not being the only reason...)

There were reports of counterfeit tickets, but it all traced back to WF selling tickets that WF students considered theirs... and, probably rightfully so.

#Wellmanout

Yeah, it's Bud Foster night. Opponent has nothing to do with it.

Greatest game ever. I loved every minute of it. We were smashing Jack Daniels and cheering loudly in the cold and wind.

I remember walking in Dewey's bakery after that game and there was a Hokie fan standing there, we just shock our heads and passed.

Great comments from players and media types. Good read.

"LAUREN BROWNLOW, ACC commentator for WRAL-TV: I've watched a lot of bad games over the years, but I don't think I can think of another one that compares to this in just how perfectly bad it was. It was amazingly terrible in every way, so to me, it's still a work of art."

"ROTH: You go back to the studio for halftime highlights and there weren't any. It was a sponsored segment, and I remember our producer saying, "We need a highlight." And I was like, "Here's a fabulous high, spiral punt sailing through the sky, and look at the remarkable poise on that fair catch!"

Last edited:
Not a conspiracy theorist, but have heard from several sources how it's important to Clemson/ACC for WF to beat VT so that Clemson gets a November game against a ranked team. While it seems like there is no scenario where the playoff committee could shut out defending champ Clemson if they finish 13-0, the VT/WF game presents the rare scenario where the ACC's interests are aligned with a WF win. So, if WF does win a tight game with a 50/50 call going our way, you can expect some to claim that the ACC had something to do with that.

And truthfully it doesn't even touch the bc game from the following year.

Only scenario I can imagine where Clemson gets left out at 13-0 would involve multiple games where they look like crap or get bailed out by a bad call. That, coupled with Georgia beating LSU in the SECCG in a close, giving LSU a strong argument, and Oregon finishing the season really hot with a big win over Utah in the PAC12CG. This also assumes an undefeated B1G Champ.

That scenario would leave 13-0 Clemson out in favor of three one-loss teams.

So that took a lot of imigination.

Last edited:
Not a conspiracy theorist, but have heard from several sources how it's important to Clemson/ACC for WF to beat VT so that Clemson gets a November game against a ranked team. While it seems like there is no scenario where the playoff committee could shut out defending champ Clemson if they finish 13-0, the VT/WF game presents the rare scenario where the ACC's interests are aligned with a WF win. So, if WF does win a tight game with a 50/50 call going our way, you can expect some to claim that the ACC had something to do with that.

We're getting ALLL DA CALLS on Saturday baby! That sweet national championship money Clemson will earn will be falling out of those Ref's pockets!!

Oh my god this quote

CLAWSON: We didn't have a quarterback. The two quarterbacks we inherited transferred to lower levels and neither played quarterback at that level. One guy, Kevin Souza, went to Winston-Salem State and they made him a receiver. The other guy (Tyler Cameron) became The Bachelor.

Back