• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake/VT 11/9 - 3:30 Kickoff, ACC Network

We're getting ALLL DA CALLS on Saturday baby! That sweet national championship money Clemson will earn will be falling out of those Ref's pockets!!

That'll be a start at least in rectifying the raping from the zebras during the entirety of the Louisville game. We didn't deserve to win, but still that was awful.

wife and I met a Wake friend at Buffalo Billiards in DC (RIP). some VT fans at a table near ours were drunk and shit talking to us, we ignored them mostly. as the game went on they were getting more and restless and resentful looking for a fight. as soon as the final FG went through we GTFO'd because they were pissed.

That'll be a start at least in rectifying the raping from the zebras during the entirety of the Louisville game. We didn't deserve to win, but still that was awful.

I just hope getting to 8-1 will cause media people to go back and watch that game. We got robbed so many times.

Making my first trip to Lane this Saturday..where’s the best tailgate lot that doesn’t require a parking pass?

wife and I met a Wake friend at Buffalo Billiards in DC (RIP). some VT fans at a table near ours were drunk and shit talking to us, we ignored them mostly. as the game went on they were getting more and restless and resentful looking for a fight. as soon as the final FG went through we GTFO'd because they were pissed.

I had a similar but reverse experience in 1979 (or possibly 1980). I was with friends from VT at the Safari Room (also RIP) the evening after Tech had beaten Wake. One of the VT guys came back from the bar with another pitcher or us and announced the Wake letterman in line with him (a lineman from our estimates) had made some comment about how lousy a game it had been. Friend replied to the effect that he disagreed with that assessment, that he went to Tech. The rest of us at the table looked at our friend like he was crazy. Whether it was the fact that he was decent-sized himself or the lack of left-over aggression from the guy in the letter jacket is unclear but we were able to finish our pitcher and get out of there without any trouble.

I had a similar but reverse experience in 1979 (or possibly 1980). I was with friends from VT at the Safari Room (also RIP) the evening after Tech had beaten Wake. One of the VT guys came back from the bar with another pitcher or us and announced the Wake letterman in line with him (a lineman from our estimates) had made some comment about how lousy a game it had been. Friend replied to the effect that he disagreed with that assessment, that he went to Tech. The rest of us at the table looked at our friend like he was crazy. Whether it was the fact that he was decent-sized himself or the lack of left-over aggression from the guy in the letter jacket is unclear but we were able to finish our pitcher and get out of there without any trouble.

So another story about a drunk VT fan talking shit to a Wake guy. Not reversed at all.

Oh my god this quote

CLAWSON: We didn't have a quarterback. The two quarterbacks we inherited transferred to lower levels and neither played quarterback at that level. One guy, Kevin Souza, went to Winston-Salem State and they made him a receiver. The other guy (Tyler Cameron) became The Bachelor.

That is just delightful.

We beat VT in Blacksburg in both 1982 and 1983. This, ironically, began the demise of Bill Dooley as VT’s coach. Sadly, a fumble on the goal line on the game’s last play in the 1982 game cost MA’s Todd Greenwood (RIP) his job as starting QB for the Hokies for the remainder of his career. Mackovic refused to recruit Greenwood and instead signed a highly touted QB from Massillon, Ohio, who was a complete bust. Thankfully, he signed Gary Schofield in the same class.

We've officially made it when SVP is picking against us on "Winners"

No Washington updates. At the weekly presser Clawson said he doesn’t have to give individual names so he sees no reason to do so

We beat VT in Blacksburg in both 1982 and 1983. This, ironically, began the demise of Bill Dooley as VT’s coach. Sadly, a fumble on the goal line on the game’s last play in the 1982 game cost MA’s Todd Greenwood (RIP) his job as starting QB for the Hokies for the remainder of his career. Mackovic refused to recruit Greenwood and instead signed a highly touted QB from Massillon, Ohio, who was a complete bust. Thankfully, he signed Gary Schofield in the same class.

I remember listening to those games as a kid on the radio, the great Gene Overby on the call.

It’s been a long time since we have played a game of this magnitude. Starting to get a bit #nervous.

It’s been a long time since we have played a game of this magnitude. Starting to get a bit #nervous.

Yeah and if we win tomorrow, the game next week is even a whole lot bigger.

Yeah and if we win tomorrow, the game next week is even a whole lot bigger.

True but I don’t even consider it a remote possibility that we beat Clemson on the road. We were sooo far from even being competitive with them last year and they return essentially the same team. Of course I think we are better this year and anything can happen in one game but I refuse to even entertain the thought (primarily for my own sanity).

Back