• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake/VT 11/9 - 3:30 Kickoff, ACC Network

Maybe. I'd think 2011 Clemson but that would've just advanced us on to a shot to make the Orange Bowl. This would put us in prime position to be Miami bound.

But still that woulda put us in the ACCCG and winning the ACC is kinda cool, so maybe still 2011 Clemson

Last edited:
True but I don’t even consider it a remote possibility that we beat Clemson on the road. We were sooo far from even being competitive with them last year and they return essentially the same team. Of course I think we are better this year and anything can happen in one game but I refuse to even entertain the thought (primarily for my own sanity).

Honestly me too, but I hate to be such a negative nelly.

I guess I just wondered if anyone had seen him in a boot since Sunday, or whether anyone has seen him practicing etc etc. Probably unrealistic to think we'd get NFL level transparency in the NCAA. Really hope he's an option! Hinton too obviously.

Too bad our game won't be televised this weekend. Should be a good one.

Is this the biggest regular season game since 2006 Maryland?

Definitely not. People tend to forget, but the 2008 BC game was huge. Last ACC game of the season and if we win, we win the Atlantic division again. We ended up losing to a Dominque Davis led team that we really should have beaten. That was a rough loss. We ended up in the EagleBank bowl (it was freezing), instead of challenging for another Orange Bowl berth.

Last edited:
Redd’s Dad played at VT.

Interesting. Starting VT LB Dax Hollifield's dad, Aubrey, played at WF. Dax's brother, Jack is one of the top rated recruits in the State of NC in the class of 2021. WF has offered, but it appears that Michigan and VT lead.

Also, this game is VT's first sell out of the season. Deacs are a big draw! (as is Bud Foster Day).

Cutcliffe was on Packer this morning saying that Duke did everything right against Va Tech, which led to the lopsided score. Completed passes, didn't miss tackles or assignments, etc.

So if we play a perfect game, we should blow them out.

Also, Duke is dangerous if they play a perfect game.

Definitely not. People tend to forget, but the 2008 BC game was huge. Last ACC game of the season and if we win, we win the Atlantic division again. We ended up losing to a Dominque Davis led team that we really should have beaten. That was a rough loss. We ended up in the EagleBank bowl (it was freezing), instead of challenging for another Orange Bowl berth.

Wow. I completely forgot that was to get to the ACC Championship. If Clawson and Rug were coaching that team, with that defense, we would have been top 10 in the nation. Hell, I'm not sure if they would have lost a game (prob still the Maryland blowout). Riley had only 13 TDs and 7 picks that year. What a joke.

Man, I just counted and Grobe and Lobo pissed away 11 games we should have won from 2007-2009. They should have built a mini-dynasty, but instead picked grass, called horrible offensive game-plans, and stopped recruiting. 3 more in 2011 as well.

Back