• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake/VT 11/9 - 3:30 Kickoff, ACC Network

Man I forgot all about that dude. It was only a month?

Man I forgot all about that dude. It was only a month?

a month is all it should have been. its all good calling names and being wrong as long as you are doing it as a group...dare to stand ground amonst a room full plof idiots and you are in trouble on these boards!

a month is all it should have been. its all good calling names and being wrong as long as you are doing it as a group...dare to stand ground amonst a room full plof idiots and you are in trouble on these boards!

LOL, that's what Ph does every day.

Ph would be banned right now if he called someone a homophobic slur and was a total douche bag to everyone.

The mods aren’t out to get you specifically.

Ph would be banned right now if he called someone a homophobic slur and was a total douche bag to everyone.

The mods aren’t out to get you specifically.

the funniest part about whatever you are trying to argue is that you actually think I care that i got cut off from trying to have meaningful conversations with people that are only a shade more intelligent than a monkeys.

Do posters really think that most of us don't realize the general Talent issues we have compared to compete in a conference with a bunch of large Public Schools? It's been a brutal several years being a wake fan. Shouldn't we be allowed a little irrational exuberance when our team is 7 and 1 and ranked in the top 20? I'll never get the idea of somebody gleefully coming over here being awake fan and telling everybody I told you so because we lost a game in disappointing passion.

The huge advantage we had this year was our quarterback and receiver play and now two of our best receivers are injured so yeah that's going to affect our performance.

Last edited:
Do posters really think that most of us don't realize the general Talent issues we have compared to compete in a conference with a bunch of large Public Schools? It's been a brutal several years being a wake fan? Shouldn't we be allowed a little irrational exuberance when our team is 7 and 1 and ranked in the top 20? I'll never get the idea of somebody gleefully coming over here being awake fan and telling everybody I told you so because we lost a game in disappointing passion.

The huge advantage we had this year was our quarterback and receiver play and now two of our best receivers are injured so yeah that's going to affect our performance.

well specifically it was numbers that was arguing for this offense at the beginning of the year. and i was attacked for saying it would not work against teams where our oline is not overpowering the opposing dline...but i was way wrong then because I was the only one seeing what was taking place. or at least man enough to not drink the kool aid. clemson will put us in our place next week...if va tech didnt do that yesterday

I was at the game. VT did a nice job simplifying the playbook for Hooker in his first game back. Especially on the first half everything was quick hitting with no read required. Jet sweep. Quick out to the WR. Designed QB run. No decision required, get the ball in space and make the defense miss. And our defense obliged far too often with missed tackles.

When we were on offense we had a lot of empty sets and straight passes. Read option but very little true RPO with a pass option. It feels like we have moved away from running true RPO anywhere near as much as we did with Wolford. And with no pass option most of the time, VT was crashing hard on run stop. Would love to see some RPO with slant passes to Hinton behind the LB’s when they creep up.

Tough game all around. They controlled the lines of scrimmage, had a more diverse yet simple playbook, and won the special teams.

Stadium was a great atmosphere and I had no problem at all with any VT fans.

When we were on offense we had a lot of empty sets and straight passes. Read option but very little true RPO with a pass option. It feels like we have moved away from running true RPO anywhere near as much as we did with Wolford. And with no pass option most of the time, VT was crashing hard on run stop. Would love to see some RPO with slant passes to Hinton behind the LB’s when they creep up.

Not really. VT played the RPO by playing the safeties up. They were rarely more than 9 yds from the LOS - freeing up the LBs to play run first. The RPO is predicated on freezing the LBs because of the possibility of the pass, opening up run lanes or dumping it in behind the LBs because the safeties are preoccupied with the deep ball. VT played the safeties up and played cover 0 on the outside, daring us to beat them deep. We did a few times, but not enough (and a lot of contact was allowed on the outside).

I am just hoping that we might remember now, and in the future, that barely beating bad teams does not make us 19th in the nation. We've been drinking too much of our own Kool-Aid.

I am just hoping that we might remember now, and in the future, that barely beating bad teams does not make us 19th in the nation. We've been drinking too much of our own Kool-Aid.

Wake is 7-2 in Football. Fan excitement is natural given the season we’ve had. Not many teams were going to beat the Hokies on Bud Foster night. I was at the game and it was hands down the most electric atmosphere I’ve ever witnessed. I’ve been to most SEC stadiums and been to Clemson a handful of times.

Our loss yesterday doesn’t take away from the fact we are having a great season by Wake Forest standards.

Back