• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson Game Time - 3:30 ABC

LOWF. Please go away. Nothing to be proud of with that butt kicking.

Don't be such a loser. You must be one of the smart Wake Forest fans who was asking how high we'd go in the polls after going 7-0 against our brutal schedule. What in the world did you expect? It was 63-something ly in W-S with a MUCH Better deacon defense. So we play them in Clemson without Strnad, Surratt and Washington. Seriously, did you think it was gonna be anything different? We actually had some sacks, tackles and pass breakups. You can call me out if you want , but you need to learn something about big boy football. Clemson is not Elon, and we aren't a top 25 team you dope.

Our defense played fine. Our offense was embarrassing.

I agree totally. Uninspired players when they know from 1st O series their sunk. What an absolutely terrible O game plan. It is unfathomable to me we have a 5th year sr. at slot who was a damn good qb both throwing and running the ball for 3 years, and he hasn't touched the ball one time in the backfield with a run/pass option. Never mind no screens (Clemson ran 2), 2 rollouts by Jamie as I recall, no pitch outside, Jamie never read the blitz to hit wide open receivers, keep rotation of 3 backs when Walker is the only proven one with speed and success.....and on and on....

I could have have handled 48-14, but going from 17-3 to 31-3 >in 2 minutes before the half was all due to the O putting ridiculous pressure on the D by not doing anything creative or right.

Gotta have State upset Louisville at home to keep hope alive for 2nd place. I think Louusville beats Syracuse at home, although Syracuse absolutely destroyed Duke in Durham today.

Found it odd that, with 40 seconds left, Clawson suddenly goes aggressive leading to interception and ending the game.

I don't think the coaches put anything in the game plan that will help Duke and "Cuse beat us. I don't think our OL will be pushed around by their front seven like Clemson did. If they try, their DBs can't lock down our guys like this. We have the coaches to beat Duke. We have players that can and have Beaten Duke. Form a gameplan and practice like th team that can Beat Duke, and we're back on track to a 10 win season.

Exactly. Have we EVER run any orbit sweeps, passes by RB or WR, or trickeration under Clawson? We are just wasting Hinton’s ability to do those things.

Hell, seems like some quick hitters - bubble screens or something similar - to Hinton would have been in order today. Get it out of Newman's hands early a few times and into the hands of the one guy that can make people miss. Two things that completely baffle me about our offense - why every single RB run comes via the slow RPO - and why we don't get Hinton the ball a lot more around the LOS.

I don't think the coaches put anything in the game plan that will help Duke and "Cuse beat us. I don't think our OL will be pushed around by their front seven like Clemson did. If they try, their DBs can't lock down our guys like this. We have the coaches to beat Duke. We have players that can and have Beaten Duke. Form a gameplan and practice like th team that can Beat Duke, and we're back on track to a 10 win season.

Our game plan is pretty much the same on every single play, let alone from game to game. If we do anything different or special against those teams I will be shocked. The difference is, the things that have absolutely no chance of working against Clemson, probably will work against Duke/Syracuse.

Our defense played fine. Our offense was embarrassing.

Absolutely no creativity on offense. Clemson ran a swing pass to one of their RB’s for about 12 yards and I wondered aloud why don’t we ever try something like that? Seems like a pretty simple play. Also, no screen game against a team that was blitzing nonstop. Offensive game plan was pathetic and shameful.

I hope we play Clemson early next year. Just get it over with.

I said the same thing today. Seems like the last few years we have been decimated by injuries by the time we play them, while they are just starting to click. Would definitely rather play them in the first four games of the season. Not saying we would win, but at least it wouldn't be like a high school team playing a junior high team.

I said the same thing today. Seems like the last few years we have been decimated by injuries by the time we play them, while they are just starting to click. Would definitely rather play them in the first four games of the season. Not saying we would win, but at least it wouldn't be like a high school team playing a junior high team.

We played them early last year and it didn't matter. Very disappointed in the coaching today.

We played like pussies. Seriously. Losing is one thing but pissing in your pants is another.

Newman was mush. He had some opportunities to keep us in the game and whiffed. Strnad is just a huge loss.

Our linebackers last week were lost. This week they got blocked on the second level, which really is where we miss Strnad so much. Go under, go around, dive under, but do not let a guard block you 5 yards down field.

Overall, defense was decent in half one, but offense was Caldwell era bad all game.

I can understand the discontent with the limitations and lack of creativity of the offense. I concur with its vanilla nature. I also understand that the offense was missing two players who have accounted for 36% of the offense and that there are no players accomplished enough to replace them. That same offense was facing a team that ranked 2nd nationally in defensive passing efficiency, 3rd nationally in first down defense, 14th nationally in passes intercepted, 2nd nationally in passing yards allowed, 23rd nationally in rushing defense, 3rd nationally in scoring defense, 19th nationally in sacks, 7th nationally in team tackles for a loss, 10th nationally in turnover margin and 4th nationally in total defense. This is what happens against an undefeated, defending national champion. Sorry your fantasy bubble burst. Return to earth. Quit whining. Have a little pride. The Deacs got whipped by the better football team as most expected. Despite the loss of four outstanding players, the team still has an opportunity to finish with the second highest win total in school history. It may be tougher to accomplish than it appeared before the injuries, but good seasons are accomplished by overcoming adversity and hanging tough through the last game.

I agree totally. Uninspired players when they know from 1st O series their sunk. What an absolutely terrible O game plan. It is unfathomable to me we have a 5th year sr. at slot who was a damn good qb both throwing and running the ball for 3 years, and he hasn't touched the ball one time in the backfield with a run/pass option. Never mind no screens (Clemson ran 2), 2 rollouts by Jamie as I recall, no pitch outside, Jamie never read the blitz to hit wide open receivers, keep rotation of 3 backs when Walker is the only proven one with speed and success.....and on and on....

I could have have handled 48-14, but going from 17-3 to 31-3 >in 2 minutes before the half was all due to the O putting ridiculous pressure on the D by not doing anything creative or right.

Gotta have State upset Louisville at home to keep hope alive for 2nd place. I think Louusville beats Syracuse at home, although Syracuse absolutely destroyed Duke in Durham today.
This!

We played them early last year and it didn't matter. Very disappointed in the coaching today.

It was the 6th game of the season - not late but not early either. We ended up with one healthy LB in that game. Part of it is Wake is just never going to be really deep. We lose our best LB and best WRs and maybe we can survive against Duke, NCSU, Syracuse, etc. No chance against Clemson. Our only chance against them is to be pretty much 100% strength (especially with regards to our best players) and have them still trying to figure things out.

Don't be such a loser. You must be one of the smart Wake Forest fans who was asking how high we'd go in the polls after going 7-0 against our brutal schedule. What in the world did you expect? It was 63-something ly in W-S with a MUCH Better deacon defense. So we play them in Clemson without Strnad, Surratt and Washington. Seriously, did you think it was gonna be anything different? We actually had some sacks, tackles and pass breakups. You can call me out if you want , but you need to learn something about big boy football. Clemson is not Elon, and we aren't a top 25 team you dope.
A much better defense? You must be confused. We had one healthy linebacker in that game. Glenn got kicked out for targeting. We had just fired our DC. The D was better today than last year, but our offense was without Surratt and Washington, predictable and putrid.

I can understand the discontent with the limitations and lack of creativity of the offense. I concur with its vanilla nature. I also understand that the offense was missing two players who have accounted for 36% of the offense and that there are no players accomplished enough to replace them. That same offense was facing a team that ranked 2nd nationally in defensive passing efficiency, 3rd nationally in first down defense, 14th nationally in passes intercepted, 2nd nationally in passing yards allowed, 23rd nationally in rushing defense, 3rd nationally in scoring defense, 19th nationally in sacks, 7th nationally in team tackles for a loss, 10th nationally in turnover margin and 4th nationally in total defense. This is what happens against an undefeated, defending national champion. Sorry your fantasy bubble burst. Return to earth. Quit whining. Have a little pride. The Deacs got whipped by the better football team as most expected. Despite the loss of four outstanding players, the team still has an opportunity to finish with the second highest win total in school history. It may be tougher to accomplish than it appeared before the injuries, but good seasons are accomplished by overcoming adversity and hanging tough through the last game.

All those defensive ranks for Clemson are nice and all, but we made no attempt to score today. Waved the white flag from the very first possession. May as well have just forfeited and saved the gas money from the trip down there.

A much better defense? You must be confused. We had one healthy linebacker in that game. Glenn got kicked out for targeting. We had just fired our DC. The D was better today than last year, but our offense was without Surratt and Washington, predictable and putrid.
The guys an idiot and has no idea what he is talking about. Glad you pointed out how decimated we were by injuries.

Claw should just give Maggio the game ball and burn the tape. Strnad cover for others mistakes' on D, Scotty and Sage opened things for the TEs and Backs. Losing those players changed everything on both sides of the ball. If we spit the bit to go 0-4 to end the season, the Military Bowl will be what we deserve. Two wins, 9-3 and still the hunt for the Camping World Bowl. We could have the second best record in the ACC.

Claw should just give Maggio the game ball and burn the tape. Strnad cover for others mistakes' on D, Scotty and Sage opened things for the TEs and Backs. Losing those players changed everything on both sides of the ball. If we spit the bit to go 0-4 to end the season, the Military Bowl will be what we deserve. Two wins, 9-3 and still the hunt for the Camping World Bowl. We could have the second best record in the ACC.

I think our chances of winning at Syracuse are less than 50%.

Back