• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson Game Time - 3:30 ABC

Would love the 33.5 if Sage and Scotty were healthy. Then again, the line would be less if that was the case. WF has had trouble running the ball recently, and our primary passing weapons are either out or limited. Not a great combination. The WF defense needs the offense to help out and am concerned about a lot of short offensive possessions will lead to the WF defense wearing down. Generally, Dabo does not overtly try to run up the score, but with Clemson feeling the need to impress the CFP committee that has changed. Up 48-10 in the final minute against State last week, Clemson was throwing the ball and ultimately scored to make it 55-10 with 11 seconds left. If Clemson can score 50+, they will.

Hopefully saving them for the final 2 games where they will actually be difference makers.

Insert wfu22 “Donovan is better than Sage anyway... let him play!!!” post

I only saw bits and pieces of the 4th. How did Sage get injured?

Gotta say this justifies Clawson's approach of saving the four games as depth rather than using them against lesser competition as an audition for more playing time.

Sage had 66 rec, 1001 yards, 11 TDs. He had one of the all-time great seasons for a Wake WR in 9 games. Tied for 10th in rec, 5th in rec yards, 2nd in TDs. In two years, he passed Camp for 10th all-time in career rec TDs and he's 7th in career yards/rec.

Last edited:
Well, that is a real kick in the nuts. Thanks for a heck of a 9 game season Sage!

Gotta say this justifies Clawson's approach of saving the four games as depth rather than using them against lesser competition as an audition for more playing time.

he fumbled after his knee hit the ground (not a fumble, not ruled a fumble) so just in case he dove for the ball into a mini-scrum and probably dinged his shoulder

kinda like Ben Mauk only not a fumble (not even reviewed) and a smaller scrum

Diving for the ball after it was stripped and his hand hit the opposing player's helmet as they were diving on the ball.

He got injured diving for the ball when it came loose after he made a catch. It should’ve been avoided, but the refs waited too long to blow it dead as he was ruled down.

It really sucks being a Wake fan. We're going to get to see two of the best 10 (5?) WR in Wake forest history play for a total of 20 and 19 games.

Hello, El Paso!

even before the injuries I held out very little hope for a WF win at Clemson; I don't see us stopping them, at all

I was, however, looking forward to seeing what Newman and Surratt could do on their defense

Now we are limping in there for a total ass-whooping

Part of me thinks we should sit Hinton too because holy shit, if he gets hurt, what weapon do we have to concern Duke?

Sage was having a historic season. I hate it for him, as well as for us. He is fun to watch.

I'd like to go back to last Tuesday when we were in the playoff rankings, healthy, and excited. Bummer for Sage.

Season can still end up being one of the most successful in school history if we win the last 2 games.

Back