• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson Game Time - 3:30 ABC

Frankly, we’d be better off not even sending the team down there—we have zero chance of winning and are almost certainly going to come back with more guys hurt. Clawson should sit everybody and play walk ons.

I understand what you are saying 05, but I hope we are competitive. We will have more national interest in our game than we have had all season.
To have a shot at the Orange Bowl, we need to be the 2nd highest ranked ACC team in December. Don't see how we do that if Clemson thumps us 55-7. Hoping to keep it under 21.

Something to keep an eye out for. Hinton has 659 yards rec. He definitely has a shot at 1000 yards with four games left.

Frankly, we’d be better off not even sending the team down there—we have zero chance of winning and are almost certainly going to come back with more guys hurt. Clawson should sit everybody and play walk ons.

We are going to punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt and punt some more.

I understand what you are saying 05, but I hope we are competitive. We will have more national interest in our game than we have had all season.
To have a shot at the Orange Bowl, we need to be the 2nd highest ranked ACC team in December. Don't see how we do that if Clemson thumps us 55-7. Hoping to keep it under 21.

If we lose 55-7 and so does the Coastal champ it's basically a wash. That said, I think Virginia would "only" be like a 21 point underdog on a neutral field. Miami would be the closest - probably 20 or so?

EJIXLLNUUAAYfRf

Have a feeling this is going to be a competitive game. Deacs probably still lose but I think Clemson has a bit of a letdown and we play better than last week.

Definitely a game where we should try to do a lot of misdirection, end rounds with Claude, Hinton run/pass options, etc. Would love to see a heavy dose of Hinton getting him the ball every way possible.

Definitely a game where we should try to do a lot of misdirection, end rounds with Claude, Hinton run/pass options, etc. Would love to see a heavy dose of Hinton getting him the ball every way possible.

Since we're pretty much down to Hinton being our only weapon, I imagine he's going to be wearing a couple of Tigers in his hip pocket the whole game. Also, with all due respect, do we really thing end arounds are going to work with Clemson's speed?

Cant Sage play with one arm? He had to play with just one at Va Tech the whole game BC they were holding him.

I have wondered all year how to get the pass interference called on the defenders on Sage.

I'd like to go back to last Tuesday when we were in the playoff rankings, healthy, and excited. Bummer for Sage.

Season can still end up being one of the most successful in school history if we win the last 2 games.

Dreaming dreams of a time gone by. But now the tigers come at night (well 3:30).

Have a feeling this is going to be a competitive game. Deacs probably still lose but I think Clemson has a bit of a letdown and we play better than last week.

Respectfully, if we weren't down 2 of our best receivers, our best linebacker and 2 lesser starters we might have had say a 35-40% chance of it being competitive. Now ? I'd peg it at 10%.

Clemson had their very rare letdown vs. UNC....Dabo won't allow another certainly not in Death Valley with 84,000 watching.

And VT had a great gameplan on both O and D last week....the stats don't lie....they won handily and save for Greer and Bassey, it could have been worse.

Part of me would like to see what Hinton can do in the open field against Clemson

Part of me wonders that he has been dinged up before, can get dinged up again, and if he can’t go vs Duke was it worth it?

This is Senior Day for Clemson.

Could be good in that maybe Dabo gives early playing time to some reserve seniors. Could be bad in that Clemson will be fired up for their last home game and last regular season ACC game of the season. Clemson has won 19 straight games against ACC teams, and 21 straight home games.

FWIW, the last WF played at Clemson the final was 28-14 in 2017. Kind of a weird game. Deacs knocked Kelly Bryant out of the game. Hinton started at QB. and had almost 300 yards of offense rushing and passing. Clemson led 28-0. Scotty Washington had a 16 yard TD reception.

Respectfully, if we weren't down 2 of our best receivers, our best linebacker and 2 lesser starters we might have had say a 35-40% chance of it being competitive. Now ? I'd peg it at 10%.

Clemson had their very rare letdown vs. UNC....Dabo won't allow another certainly not in Death Valley with 84,000 watching.

And VT had a great gameplan on both O and D last week....the stats don't lie....they won handily and save for Greer and Bassey, it could have been worse.

Bassey missed tackles all over the field. Not that he was alone, but he didn't play very well IMO. Agree I don't see Clemson having a letdown. Dabo usually isn't one to run up the score, but he did against NC State and I don't see him taking his foot off the gas in our game either.

Since we're pretty much down to Hinton being our only weapon, I imagine he's going to be wearing a couple of Tigers in his hip pocket the whole game. Also, with all due respect, do we really thing end arounds are going to work with Clemson's speed?

I don't agree that Hinton is our only weapon. He is our most experienced receiver. He is the only receiver we know can be a weapon. We have a QB who has to date had a better season than Lawrence. He's considered a weapon. We have receivers who were highly recruited who MIGHT be weapons though most likely erratically at best. We also have an experienced OLine and three backs who have had huge games in their Wake careers.

So, I disagree. I don't think Kendall Hinton is walking out on the field on Saturday believing he is it.

I don't agree that Hinton is our only weapon. He is our most experienced receiver. He is the only receiver we know can be a weapon. We have a QB who has to date had a better season than Lawrence. He's considered a weapon. We have receivers who were highly recruited who MIGHT be weapons though most likely erratically at best. We also have an experienced OLine and three backs who have had huge games in their Wake careers.

So, I disagree. I don't think Kendall Hinton is walking out on the field on Saturday believing he is it.

Well, I should've pointed out that I meant other than Newman, I was really referring to play makers. Hinton will be are only proven play maker that takes the field Saturday, so you can bet that he will be the focus of Clemson's defense. Hopefully someone else will step up, but I expect Clemson to do everything they can to make someone else step up. As for our run game, I just have no confidence we will be able to run effectively against Clemson.

Well, I should've pointed out that I meant other than Newman, I was really referring to play makers. Hinton will be are only proven play maker that takes the field Saturday, so you can bet that he will be the focus of Clemson's defense. Hopefully someone else will step up, but I expect Clemson to do everything they can to make someone else step up. As for our run game, I just have no confidence we will be able to run effectively against Clemson.

That UNC game showed that there are cracks in that Clemson defensive line that can be exploited by a mobile QB such as ours. Exploit that up front in the beginning, hope our run game shows up big, and then let’s see if everything else down field starts to open up.

Back