• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson Game Time - 3:30 ABC

Dabo needs a route on TV to stay above #4. He'll run it up and we'll limp home.

Praying we just don't lose significant more to injuries....we usually do at Clemson...3-5

Anyone link to a Clemson depth chart ?

Does Clemson ever have devastating injuries to star players ?

Well their starters only play about a half so it cuts down on injuries

I see that 93% of the money is in Klempton to cover the 35 and everyone is flying to Vegas and betting the mortgage and you can’t blame us. Everyone knows Kerns won’t keep it close and it’s about a 57-10 type of game.

Easy money.

Clawson on Tuesday:

"This is a game that you’d love to be at full strength, but again, it’s football. It’s Week 10, everybody to some degree goes through this.

Except Clemson, they’re playing with everybody – their two-deep looks exactly like the way they thought it would be coming out of preseason camp.

And that’s one of the advantages of, they’re always playing with a big lead, so they’ve limited – their kids haven’t had to play as many reps as our kids did, being in all these one-score games."

Clawson on Tuesday:

"This is a game that you’d love to be at full strength, but again, it’s football. It’s Week 10, everybody to some degree goes through this.

Except Clemson, they’re playing with everybody – their two-deep looks exactly like the way they thought it would be coming out of preseason camp.

And that’s one of the advantages of, they’re always playing with a big lead, so they’ve limited – their kids haven’t had to play as many reps as our kids did, being in all these one-score games."

Dave Clawson has forgotten more football than I’ll ever know.

But yes, number of reps logically leads to a higher probability of injury

So when you play offense at a fast pace, and you expose your team to more reps...

Definitely a game where we should try to do a lot of misdirection, end rounds with Claude, Hinton run/pass options, etc. Would love to see a heavy dose of Hinton getting him the ball every way possible.

End arounds are probably a bad idea. Clem has way too much lateral speed on D to make use of that.

Feels like a game where we go down 21-0 before we realize what happened.

Yep..

Long Eitienne TD on first drive
We go 3 and out
Punt return sets up easy field position and a 35-yard pass TD
Fumble on our next possession, 2 plays later down 21-0 with 10 minutes left in 1st quarter.

Yep..

Long Eitienne TD on first drive
We go 3 and out
Punt return sets up easy field position and a 35-yard pass TD
Fumble on our next possession, 2 plays later down 21-0 with 10 minutes left in 1st quarter.

sounds spot on. Hope you are wrong.

Wait did I miss something? Is Newman not starting on Saturday? Just found out I may be able to go to this but not sure I want to go see the Kern-led deacs get blasted.

Sage is out for the season. Washington is out for the game.

This is a game where Clawson needs to take the ball if we win the toss. Our only chance is to score first and have something to build on. Having the ball to start the second won’t matter.

and time to have confidence in Jones, Claude, Perry, Roberson and others.

Maggio is going to be busy and likely our best weapon. Would also be nice if Sciba can somehow boot a couple 40-yarders.

On the few plusses....Greer will get his hits and maybe Basham can nail a couple TFL's

2 years ago we came into Clemson and Hinton started seemingly as a surprise at the last second, and even though our offense just couldn't quite get over the hump and fully execute, we had plenty of chances to keep it close. maybe history can repeat and we can do better.

Best case scenario: 7-7 with 9:00 left in the 1st Quarter.

Every game we’ve scored first this year we’ve won. I’d be very nervous if I were Clemson if the deacs happen to score first.

Back