• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson Game Time - 3:30 ABC

Sage is out for the season. Washington is out for the game.

This is a game where Clawson needs to take the ball if we win the toss. Our only chance is to score first and have something to build on. Having the ball to start the second won’t matter.

This is correct.

And there is no way in hell Clawson would do that.

Wait did I miss something? Is Newman not starting on Saturday? Just found out I may be able to go to this but not sure I want to go see the Kern-led deacs get blasted.

Depth chart has been posted

True. Hopefully, they can get to Lawrence a few times early on and rattle him into a string of mistakes.

Since Lawrence is faster than every player in our team offense or defense if he sees the rush he will run forty yards and then slide or run out of bounds

Since Lawrence is faster than every player in our team offense or defense if he sees the rush he will run forty yards and then slide or run out of bounds

Come on this is just sloppy. If you’re going to troll do it right.

Newman needs to pass a good catchable mid range ball without throwing a hot missile.

Newman needs to pass a good catchable mid range ball without throwing a hot missile.

That's a Clawson and QB coach thing. For instance, Newman's ball has far more air under it, and easily more catchable than Wolford (Senior year in particular).

John Wolford as a senior, into the bowl game, was throwing slants like a MLB fastball pitcher.

That's a Clawson and QB coach thing. For instance, Newman's ball has far more air under it, and easily more catchable than Wolford (Senior year in particular).

John Wolford as a senior, into the bowl game, was throwing slants like a MLB fastball pitcher.

And that's why John Wolford is now a borderline NFL player, which is a good thing.

At VT Newman was throwing over and under because not aware of effect of tight coverage.
Can’t throw bullets and missiles over and under without missing target.
He definitely needs more experience but is a great raw talent for NFL.

He wasn't aware that his receivers were covered ? Damn, this offense has bigger problems than I thought.

f0314074b1edee660cb4d9ea44325140.jpg

Walmart heel fans in a nutshell

True. Hopefully, they can get to Lawrence a few times early on and rattle him into a string of mistakes.

We can't play conventional on D....have to gamble and crowd the line of scrimmage, blitz, stunt our DT's, somehow both get to Lawrence and keep Entien(sp) from getting a hole. We know we're vulnerable on East/West runs ( see BC, VT ) and without pressure, their speed will kill us outside. We have to limit something in their arsenal of weapons for as long as we can.

Easier said than done.

I'm sorry to say this, but at this point of the season, when style points count in the eyes of this stupid committee, and without Surratt, in Death Valley, we could lose by 60. Our defense is not good enough to stop Clemson's offense even 1 out of 10 possessions. Any result inside of a 30 point loss is a decent job by the Deacs. Hopefully nobody important gets hurt.

Back