• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson Game Time - 3:30 ABC

Once again, we play dook next week where they need a win to keep their bowl eligibility alive.

Will be the same story with the orange if they win next week.

Should be enough incentive to win out and crush both of their seasons. LET'S DO THIS! :thumbsup: 9-3

While I understand we played a good and then a great team the last 2 weeks, Newman has not looked good in either game. Now I am NOT saying he should be benched because the level of the competition has jumped up greatly and he was without his 2 best receivers, but it should tell us he needs to return for his last year. We know (if some didn't before the last 2 weeks) that we are getting better building a program but still have a ways to go before we can say we've arrived. I think Claw will get us there but it may take another couple of years if we recruit well and develop some decent depth.

While I understand we played a good and then a great team the last 2 weeks, Newman has not looked good in either game. Now I am NOT saying he should be benched because the level of the competition has jumped up greatly and he was without his 2 best receivers, but it should tell us he needs to return for his last year. We know (if some didn't before the last 2 weeks) that we are getting better building a program but still have a ways to go before we can say we've arrived. I think Claw will get us there but it may take another couple of years if we recruit well and develop some decent depth.

cannot disagree

Absolutely. Building a good program does take time.

Good post. Depth still an issue leaving a thin margin for error. Seems like it gets a little better each year, tho. DL and OL much improved depth wise. LB still a weak spot. Worried about CB next year. All in all no reason to think we’re not a 7-9 win team again next year.

WF coaching staff absolutely waved the white flag on the very first series today. Doesn't send a very good message to the guys playing the game.

Shocked that there was no pass thrown in first series. If this set of #2 receivers are not ready to play in Death Valley then our coaches need to improve as much as the 2s do.

Shocked that there was no pass thrown in first series. If this set of #2 receivers are not ready to play in Death Valley then our coaches need to improve as much as the 2s do.

I’m not sure the fact that no pass was thrown in the first series is all on the coaches. In the RPO scheme, isn’t almost always a run and pass called and it’s up to the QB to read the defense and decide which way to go?

Good post. Depth still an issue leaving a thin margin for error. Seems like it gets a little better each year, tho. DL and OL much improved depth wise. LB still a weak spot. Worried about CB next year. All in all no reason to think we’re not a 7-9 win team again next year.
Have you looked at the schedule? If we lose Sage, Jamie, Strnad, Boogie, Scotty, etc, it will be quite a feat....

Very problematic take by Coach.

I mean, it sucks, but what's the problem? You want your coach to lie and say he would have expected to win the game? In Death Valley against a Clemson team that's a top 3 team in the country?

Obviously he could have schemed a lot better for the fact that we were missing both outside WRs in order to get the backups more involved in the game. But those backups also failed all day to beat the one on one coverage they saw, and I think Clawson is saying here that is what he expected to happen. I think he went into the game trying to compete without relying on those guys, which Clemson immediately picked up on and punished us for.

Back