• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson Game Time - 3:30 ABC

Honestly, that may have been the best punting performance I have ever seen in a game- no joke- 9 for 519 yards which is a 57.7 average

sooo close to the record:

Highest punting average, game
FBS: 60.8 - Braden Mann, Texas A&M vs. Alabama, Sep. 22, 2018 (5–9 punts); 53.6 – Jim Benien, Oklahoma State vs. Colorado, Nov. 13, 1971 (min. 10 punts)[

Gotta say I was wrong. I am very proud of the Deacs today. Most of you have probably never been to Death Valley, but it is an impossibly difficult place to play. Add into that a super talented Clemson team and our two brightest threats on the sideline it was never a chance we'd look good. But frankly I was very impressed with the effort, game plan etc. I expected us to lay down in a bad way. But no. All that separated the two teams was talent. For those who've been talking Jamie Newman heisman it's both horseshit and a compliment to a "pretty talented" and tough minded kid. This was one of the best defensive games we've played imo. If we have no more big injuries Duke and Syracuse are gonna look like elementary school kids compared to Clemson. Let's keep the mental toughness up and we could win out for a 9 win season. GO DEACS !

LOWF. Please go away. Nothing to be proud of with that butt kicking.

Gotta say I was wrong. I am very proud of the Deacs today. Most of you have probably never been to Death Valley, but it is an impossibly difficult place to play. Add into that a super talented Clemson team and our two brightest threats on the sideline it was never a chance we'd look good. But frankly I was very impressed with the effort, game plan etc. I expected us to lay down in a bad way. But no. All that separated the two teams was talent. For those who've been talking Jamie Newman heisman it's both horseshit and a compliment to a "pretty talented" and tough minded kid. This was one of the best defensive games we've played imo. If we have no more big injuries Duke and Syracuse are gonna look like elementary school kids compared to Clemson. Let's keep the mental toughness up and we could win out for a 9 win season. GO DEACS !

Hopefully with Klempton only a few hours down the road every Wake fan alive today has been to Death Valley

Will be fascinating going forward to see who the rightful heir to Scotty’s bad hands will be. Both Jones and Perry made themselves into contenders for that crown today.

AT will be pretty good. Replacing Sage will be impossible.

LOWF. Please go away. Nothing to be proud of with that butt kicking.

Clawson didn't even try to win today. The affinity for this delay handoff is just an addiction. It is run so much you can virtually predict it. The ore it is run the less effective it is. It's been trending that way for games now. You just can't waster half to 2/3's of your play calls to this bull crap. We NEVER tried a screen pass, an RPO over the middle and virtually no short passes. Too many long across field throws that, even if caught only gain 3-4 yards. Clawson made Grobe & Lobo look like offensive geniuses toady.

Actually both are true. He got worked and forced out of bounds. But if the ball had some air under it and was out in front Greene had a step - but the ball was under-thrown. I would have liked to see Greene come back and try to break up the interception and/or make the tackle right away... But he is a freshman - he'll get stronger and better!

Correct on all points.

We scored 3 points. I get it. We’re playing the defending national champs, but this hurt too much to watch today.

I’m definitely a glass half full kind of guy, but I just can’t on this. I am glad that we didn’t lose our QB to an injury. He was out there far longer than he should’ve been. Just got to start looking forward to Duke next Saturday.

Someone has to pay for this, and that should be Duke in 7 days. Our despair today, will be replaced by Cutcliff whining and crying in the 4th qtr next week. Let's finish the season with our heads up, and enjoy a great Bowl game win.

We played like pussies. Seriously. Losing is one thing but pissing in your pants is another.

Newman was mush. He had some opportunities to keep us in the game and whiffed. Strnad is just a huge loss.

Completely disagree. Keep your head between the chalk lines, lack of competitive will today. That mesh point bullshit is over also. Coaches aren’t adjusting.

We played like pussies. Seriously. Losing is one thing but pissing in your pants is another.

Newman was mush. He had some opportunities to keep us in the game and whiffed. Strnad is just a huge loss.

Nobody is saying, but I suspect Newman's shoulder is not 100%. I suspect it has some impact on his throws. Particularly him leaving some throws short. Even if it his non-throwing shoulder, it still has to hurt some when he throws. That will take a little off the passes he throws.

Nobody is saying, but I suspect Newman's shoulder is not 100%. I suspect it has some impact on his throws. Particularly him leaving some throws short. Even if it his non-throwing shoulder, it still has to hurt some when he throws. That will take a little off the passes he throws.

Yes. He was short and didn’t have any pop. He got pressured but not so much for his poor performance. Also that mesh point bs has been figured out.

A lot of things need to work in order for the mesh to work. Receivers have to stay open, the RB has to either hit the hole or make the block, and the QB has to make the right read. And it all depends on the LBs staying at home to wait instead of just blowing up the mesh and trusting the DBs to make plays. I don’t think it is too complicated, but after getting this many looks, better teams have figured out how to stop it.

I hope Clawson doesn’t just chalk it up to Foster and Venerables and better talent because there’s no reason Duke and Cuse can’t stop it too.

WF coaching staff absolutely waved the white flag on the very first series today. Doesn't send a very good message to the guys playing the game.

WF coaching staff absolutely waved the white flag on the very first series today. Doesn't send a very good message to the guys playing the game.

I agree totally. Uninspired players when they know from 1st O series their sunk. What an absolutely terrible O game plan. It is unfathomable to me we have a 5th year sr. at slot who was a damn good qb both throwing and running the ball for 3 years, and he hasn't touched the ball one time in the backfield with a run/pass option. Never mind no screens (Clemson ran 2), 2 rollouts by Jamie as I recall, no pitch outside, Jamie never read the blitz to hit wide open receivers, keep rotation of 3 backs when Walker is the only proven one with speed and success.....and on and on....

I could have have handled 48-14, but going from 17-3 to 31-3 >in 2 minutes before the half was all due to the O putting ridiculous pressure on the D by not doing anything creative or right.

Gotta have State upset Louisville at home to keep hope alive for 2nd place. I think Louusville beats Syracuse at home, although Syracuse absolutely destroyed Duke in Durham today.

Did Groulx get on the field?

I hope we play Clemson early next year. Just get it over with.

We better see some wrinkles next week. Trying to do the same thing without adjusting means no good. Last week no wrinkles. This week none. Too much talent to say we can’t. We sucked today.

Claswen needs to get it going. Again how about a little bit of creativity. We need to unleash everything on Duke

Back