• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Taggart just got canned and starts the Coaching Carousel early

You mean to tell me that the BIG cash grab didn’t fix all their financial problems? Well I do declare, I am SHOCKED!

I hadn't kept up with Maryland because WGAF, but this season they've lost to PSU, Purdue, Minn, Mich, and OSU by a combined 262-45

that is fantastic

let's go Cornhuskers this weekend

They demolished the only ACC team they played though.

It's Maryland.
No disrespect to you, Tags, but who gives a shit?

To the extent that they are in a prime recruiting area for many ACC schools, including Wake, they are relevant. It's hard enough fighting with PSU. It's beneficial to the ACC Coastal for UM to stay down.

Morris should get very little credit; he actually left the team in a bit of a mess. SMU's success is due to Sonny Dyke's use of transfers and zeroing in on North Texas talent: https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/s...-the-mustangs-success-in-the-transfer-portal/

Arkansas hired Morris on the strength of one 7-6 season as SMU. He was 14-22 as a head coach when they hired him.

STRONG rumors in Boone that Drinkwitz to Arkansas is all but a done deal. He’s from Arkansas and App only guaranteed 1 of his 5 year contract.

Other rumor floating around the locker room at App is Willie Taggart is the leading candidate to replace him.

I hadn't kept up with Maryland because WGAF, but this season they've lost to PSU, Purdue, Minn, Mich, and OSU by a combined 262-45

that is fantastic

let's go Cornhuskers this weekend

update: add Nebraska to the list and the new total is 316-52 for an average beatdown of 53-9

and that team that Maryland demolished is more of an ECAC team

Mike Locksley is now 6-39 as a head coach.

Of his 4 wins at MD as an interim coach (in 2015) and a head coach this year, they are against Rutgers twice, Howard (2-10 in FCS) and Cuse (WF has got to beat Cuse).

Drinkwitz to Arkansas makes sense. He is solid, but will need time to rebuild from nothing. Losing coaches in back to back years will take its toll on the App program. That said, App must be receiving major cash in the form of buyouts from L'ville and Arkansas.

Last edited:
Le Batard said that Taggart never signed the final contract that guaranteed the full buyout. Find that hard to believe but that would be interesting. And why couldn’t Manning make such an error.

Le Batard said that Taggart never signed the final contract that guaranteed the full buyout. Find that hard to believe but that would be interesting. And why couldn’t Manning make such an error.

Doesn't mean anything. They signed a memorandum of understanding which included all terms including buyout.

STRONG rumors in Boone that Drinkwitz to Arkansas is all but a done deal. He’s from Arkansas and App only guaranteed 1 of his 5 year contract.

Other rumor floating around the locker room at App is Willie Taggart is the leading candidate to replace him.

https://www.wataugademocrat.com/spo...cle_ea670524-1d4d-5ff8-997e-33f3c0c7dad9.html

If Drinkwitz is fired before Dec. 31, 2021, he will be owed 75 percent of his total annual compensation for the remainder of the contract.

To buy out the contract, for example if Drinkwitz takes another job, he will have to pay his base salary of $425,000 multiplied by the number of years remaining in the contract. Satterfield’s last contract buyout was just $425,000.

So if Drinkwitz were to go to Arkansas this year, App would be owed $1.7 million.

Le betard is a complete idiot, I'm shocked he's gotten so high at ESPN, and don't believe any of his reporting

Schiano looking for 8-years and a private jet to return to Rutgers.

Back